Goverment shut down

The Dems control the Senate, Ringle.

The mainstream GOP controls the House, Vigi, and you fucz have no power.

Let's see if the Demz are stupid enough to shut down the government.
The Dems currently control the Senate but it appears with that soon to change when in January some of more moderate Dems rebelled against their hard left leadership so for all intent and purposes the GOP controls the Senate.
Now if the moderate Repubs can take the GOP leadership away from the hard right morons the Pubs will have a better chance of retaining power.

This is what hard right conservative don't get. This leads us on a path to bipartisanship not 1 party rules all, which has been the only way to get things done in goverment. not what the founders intended at all, and not good leadership.
Fortunately or Unfortunately (depending on ones outlook) the leadership of both parties have been more towards the opposite poles for decades, even more so since Clinton took office.
I say fortunately because when both sides are constantly at an impasse they can't do too much damage to the American people......... :eusa_whistle:

That's do the the presidents after Clinton. Granted the super majority under Bush held regular congressional process by having both parties say their piece at congressional hearings, but it was a 1 party rule all. That's contagious and why the libs did the exact same thing, but without hearings. Politics is cruel.

If there's another government shutdown with the GOP in control of both houses do you honestly believe the Dems will be blamed? You're joking, right? The Dems are hoping the GOP will institute a government shutdown, practically salivating over the possibility because they will do a sweep in both houses 2018 and the White House in 2016 if the GOP goes ahead with a shut down.
Remember there are more independents than far right or far left members of the population and the Boomers are still the biggest (aging) portion of the population, how many of them will "suffer" due to a shut down and vote accordingly?
If 2012 didn't teach the GOP anything then they get what they deserve.

Sounds like you're whistling past the graveyard ......

or, making shit sandwiches, cuz that's all you got.
Sure thing there Sparky.... have you considered actually using that thing you call a brain or is that an exercise in futility?
Look, I know the far right and the far left both think they represent the vast majority of the population, the rest of us (the vast majority) call it by what it is, delusional.......... :thup:

Exactly. The first party to show that they are obstructionists will lose in 2016.
No, the one that is perceived by the majority of voters as obstructionists are the ones who will lose. The Dems have generally been better at political propaganda then the pubs, maybe that is changing.
Perception, not reality is everything, especially in politics.

Being perceived is showing. We meant the same thing. Nice job on trying to 1 up me but I had all of this pegged years ago.
Not trying to one up you just trying to be clear.

Sounds like you're whistling past the graveyard ......

or, making shit sandwiches, cuz that's all you got.
Sure thing there Sparky.... have you considered actually using that thing you call a brain or is that an exercise in futility?
Look, I know the far right and the far left both think they represent the vast majority of the population, the rest of us (the vast majority) call it by what it is, delusional.......... :thup:

Exactly. The first party to show that they are obstructionists will lose in 2016.
No, the one that is perceived by the majority of voters as obstructionists are the ones who will lose. The Dems have generally been better at political propaganda then the pubs, maybe that is changing.
Perception, not reality is everything, especially in politics.

Being perceived is showing. We meant the same thing. Nice job on trying to 1 up me but I had all of this pegged years ago.
Not trying to one up you just trying to be clear.

Ok.

The Dems currently control the Senate but it appears with that soon to change when in January some of more moderate Dems rebelled against their hard left leadership so for all intent and purposes the GOP controls the Senate.
Now if the moderate Repubs can take the GOP leadership away from the hard right morons the Pubs will have a better chance of retaining power.

This is what hard right conservative don't get. This leads us on a path to bipartisanship not 1 party rules all, which has been the only way to get things done in goverment. not what the founders intended at all, and not good leadership.
After the last six years, you want to talk bipartisanship??

Amazing what an ass-kicking at the polls will do, huh?

Dear Judicial Review,

Why did YOUR party put a provision in the spending bill to give big banks bailout insurance?

Why don't you know about this provision?

When your party created the original TARP, we thought it was because of extraordinary circumstances - we didn't know that it was simply because your party is the bailout party.

[And yes, we know the Dems like bailouts, but your party claims to be against them]

Why did your party have the nerve to put a provision inside the most recent spending bill that puts the taxpayer on the hook for the bad bets of the large banks? Why doesn't your party support personal accountability? Why are you always using big government to protect irresponsible behavior?

Your party put bailout insurance into this new spending bill because they know that voters like you are controlled by the Rightwing media, which does not report the actual laws, policies and provisions that your party is writing.

Now we know the Tea Party is a joke consisting of uninformed morons who are controlled by news sources that don't report what your party is actually doing.

Turn off talk radio.

Turn off FOX News.

Please, for once - just once - study the actual policies and laws that are being written by your party.

We can no longer afford your ignorance.

Last edited:
Should this happen due to Pelosi and Warren Democrats can kiss 2016 goodbye. You just got fucked up your ass by voters last month and now you act out by shutting the government down? LOL! Fucking morons.

The thing that stands out about this the most is that it's the rest of the Liberal Dems who will be back next year that are doing this. Due to this - now in 2016 I don't just expect a Presidential spanking by the GOP, I expect further gains in the senate to get us over 60 to prohibit veto and fillibuster, which would mean that if the 0.00000000000001% chance Hilary or Warren or biden wins they can't veto. Win win for the GOP.

I love how Obama dug his parties graves and now the liberals in congress are doing exactly that. Beautiful.
Your comprehensive lack of political acumen is considerable, and common to most on the right.

I wonder. You got fucked up your ass in 2012, shut down the govt the next fall, and then the GOP won in 2014 by kicking the social cons and neocons to the curb by reaching out to women and Hispanics.

The dems will try the same in 2016.

With 2 Dem to 18 GOP vulnerable seat up for grabs in 2016, we mainstream in the GOP will work hard for women and Hispanics, while stepping on the faces of the social cons and neocons.
Jake hates traditional values.

Dear Judicial Review,

Why did YOUR party put a provision in the spending bill to give big banks bailout insurance?

Why don't you know about this provision?

When your party created the original TARP, we thought it was because of extraordinary circumstances - we didn't know that it was simply because your party is the bailout party.
What party started TARP?
Bush was president
But which party controlled Congress and the Senate in 2008?

If a shut down comes, then we can blame the Dems, who say they want to govern with the Pubs. Joint governing is not a love fest, almost never is. That the far right is whining is a good sign for all of America.

the right wants taxpayers to pay for Citibank et al failing, hangs a 1.1 trillion dollar spending bill around the taxpayers neck, and you can kiss the Dems goodbye ?

I keep telling you, RW's should sell tickets to their sideshow ..

It's a trade off for ACA and EO.

Let's see if the Dems will jointly govern.

I'm a conservative. I just understand they way Government is supposed to operate. It's not 1 party rules all.

I'm a conservative. I just understand they way Government is supposed to operate. It's not 1 party rules all.

Actually, I'm not sure you do ... the government is supposed to operate to the benefit of the citizenry, not to some mythical line of compromise. Right is right, and wrong is wrong ... there is NO middle ground in between.

Actually, I'm not sure you do ... the government is supposed to operate to the benefit of the citizenry, not to some mythical line of compromise. Right is right, and wrong is wrong ... there is NO middle ground in between.

You have shown nothing more than you being biased and promoting a 1 party rules all. The liberal left and I mean the far liberal left if finished. What people on the right understand and we wish all others understood is the right wing stances promote opportunity, individualism, people rights etc.. However, what they don't understand is that there are moderate democrats who tend to vote with the right when there isn't this bitterness in congress, but rather bipartisanship and these moderate democrats have some good ideas. I know that impossible for a right wing extremists to understand and even some in the middle of right due to this last decade of divisveness, but it is the true whether you accept it or not.

If the GOP does win a majority in 2016 I'd hope they would consider "some" of what these moderate dems ideas no matter how small it is. That's a far change in how congress has been run. This is the proper way to run it. Otherwise the cycle will just repeat.

You have shown nothing more than you being biased and promoting a 1 party rules all. The liberal left and I mean the far liberal left if finished. What people on the right understand and we wish all others understood is the right wing stances promote opportunity, individualism, people rights etc.. However, what they don't understand is that there are moderate democrats who tend to vote with the right when there isn't this bitterness in congress, but rather bipartisanship and these moderate democrats have some good ideas. I know that impossible for a right wing extremists to understand and even some in the middle of right due to this last decade of divisveness, but it is the true whether you accept it or not.

If the GOP does win a majority in 2016 I'd hope they would consider "some" of what these moderate dems ideas no matter how small it is. That's a far change in how congress has been run. This is the proper way to run it. Otherwise the cycle will just repeat.
As a staunch conservative, I have no desire whatsoever to work with the far left. We know the right way, why in the hell would we 'compromise' and settle for something less than right .... there are no grays ... it's either right for the country, or it's wrong for the country. There is no such thing as 'a little wrong'.

Maybe you're familiar with Alinsky's 'two steps forward, one step back' strategy. Push as far as you can push, and when they push back, they will never push all the back to where we were. They creep left one step at time. For the past six years, they have been in a position to ram leftist policies down our throat. In their righteous belief of the sanctity of their mission, they have ignored the wishes of the people, trampled on the foundations of this country, and committed every crime imaginable in order to push forth their agenda.

We need to push, ruthlessly, back to where we should be. No quarter taken, and no quarter given.

As a staunch conservative, I have no desire whatsoever to work with the far left. We know the right way, why in the hell would we 'compromise' and settle for something less than right .... there are no grays ... it's either right for the country, or it's wrong for the country. There is no such thing as 'a little wrong'.

Maybe you're familiar with Alinsky's 'two steps forward, one step back' strategy. Push as far as you can push, and when they push back, they will never push all the back to where we were. They creep left one step at time. For the past six years, they have been in a position to ram leftist policies down our throat. In their righteous belief of the sanctity of their mission, they have ignored the wishes of the people, trampled on the foundations of this country, and committed every crime imaginable in order to push forth their agenda.

We need to push, ruthlessly, back to where we should be. No quarter taken, and no quarter given.

I never said far left. I said moderate democrats or Clinton democrats. There's a huge difference. Yes they have "some" good ideas and we should listen and work together to create a "good" bill to pass. You keep this attitude up where you ignore the other party and don't include them at all, and you will find them doing it to you all over again a short time later when they are back in charge. Like I said, they cycle will keep repeating. Bipartisanship is the only cure.

It is fun watching the progressive far left now in the Senate acting as stupidly as the House Far right the last four years.

Joint governance hurts, it is messy, and it is far better for the American citizenry and the country as whole then the ideology of either extreme.

Forum List

Back