Government Can Take Your Money – Without Charges

Everything about civil forfeiture is fucking disgusting and the practice needs to end yesterday.

I cant fathom how anyone can defend such an asinine process.

Well, from some of the responses I've seen thus far, nothing surprises me. These leftists are (literally) trying to defend the indefensible. Blows my mind.

You may be right. However, here's the deal...if I wake up tomorrow and my cash is gone - I have no one to blame but myself. If you wake up tomorrow and the banks have all gone belly up - oh well......

It's coming partner. Sooner, rather than later. or as my Master Gunney Brother used to tell me constantly when we were kids - get your ass ready and you won't let your head down.

He pointed out that your deposits are insured.

You sound ridiculous.

His money, his risk, his choice.

Thank you! You have to love the left - damned sure that they know what is best for me. I OWN 260 acres in God's country. Paid cash for it. Everything I do - I pay in cash. Credit card debt? Hell no. If I don't have the cash for a purchase - I wait until I do. It has served me well for the past (nearly) 60 years. I don't mess with what works.

That is a perfectly valid lifestyle, and you should not have to worry about some local police department supplementing their toy budget by confiscating your money.

I don't worry about the Sheriff. He's a long time friend. it's urban police forces that you have to keep your eye on.

Local law rarely is a problem for locals, at least in small towns. But I don't live in your town and wouldn't trust your sheriff not to rob me. Too many departments are treating this as a revenue source.

Where I live the police - in full swat gear - broke in on a peaceful poker game. It was high stakes, but the players could afford it. They confiscated about $70,000 and the excuse they gave to the press was while the players were peaceful and unarmed (thus the need for swat) the games were sometimes robbed. Which was true, it was robbed that very night. The police then returned half the money and kept the other half. No court order on that. They just decided to keep half. And that was legal.

Armed robbery should not be legal, no matter what the robbers are wearing.

You sound ridiculous.

Thank you! You have to love the left - damned sure that they know what is best for me. I OWN 260 acres in God's country. Paid cash for it. Everything I do - I pay in cash. Credit card debt? Hell no. If I don't have the cash for a purchase - I wait until I do. It has served me well for the past (nearly) 60 years. I don't mess with what works.

That is a perfectly valid lifestyle, and you should not have to worry about some local police department supplementing their toy budget by confiscating your money.

I don't worry about the Sheriff. He's a long time friend. it's urban police forces that you have to keep your eye on.

Local law rarely is a problem for locals, at least in small towns. But I don't live in your town and wouldn't trust your sheriff not to rob me. Too many departments are treating this as a revenue source.

Where I live the police - in full swat gear - broke in on a peaceful poker game. It was high stakes, but the players could afford it. They confiscated about $70,000 and the excuse they gave to the press was while the players were peaceful and unarmed (thus the need for swat) the games were sometimes robbed. Which was true, it was robbed that very night. The police then returned half the money and kept the other half. No court order on that. They just decided to keep half. And that was legal.

Again - Welcome to 21st Century America. A Nation of laws.

Didn't know this? Well, here's a story of a guy riding a train west, During a stop at the Amtrack station in Albuquerque, NM, DEA agents stopped a man and confiscated the $16,000 he was carrying. They left him penniless and he wasn't even detained.

A DEA agent boarded the train at the Albuquerque Amtrak station and began asking various passengers, including Rivers, where they were going and why. When Rivers replied that he was headed to LA to make a music video, the agent asked to search his bags. Rivers complied.

Rivers was the only passenger singled out for a search by DEA agents – and the only black person on his portion of the train, Pancer said.

Rivers was left penniless, his dream deferred

How long can this continue? When is someone going to stand up and put a stop to this?

Read more @ Prison Planet.com The DEA Strikes Again Agents Seize Man s Life Savings Under Civil Asset Forfeiture Without Charges with links.
Public policy must constitute public Use.

Didn't know this? Well, here's a story of a guy riding a train west, During a stop at the Amtrack station in Albuquerque, NM, DEA agents stopped a man and confiscated the $16,000 he was carrying. They left him penniless and he wasn't even detained.

A DEA agent boarded the train at the Albuquerque Amtrak station and began asking various passengers, including Rivers, where they were going and why. When Rivers replied that he was headed to LA to make a music video, the agent asked to search his bags. Rivers complied.

Rivers was the only passenger singled out for a search by DEA agents – and the only black person on his portion of the train, Pancer said.

How long can this continue? When is someone going to stand up and put a stop to this?

Read more @ Prison Planet.com The DEA Strikes Again Agents Seize Man s Life Savings Under Civil Asset Forfeiture Without Charges with links.
Moral of the story...

Tell them to get a fucking warrant.

That requires them to justify it to someone other than their buds standing in front of you. A record that can be used in court.

You sound ridiculous.

Was the house taking a cut? Usually poker games aren't considered "gambling" because you are not playing against the house.

In NYC, as long as the place hosting only charges for the table (a flat fee usually) its 100% legal.

Was the house taking a cut? Usually poker games aren't considered "gambling" because you are not playing against the house.

In NYC, as long as the place hosting only charges for the table (a flat fee usually) its 100% legal.

I'm not disputing it was an illegal game. That's not the issue. The police, on their own, just decided to take a piece of the action.

This is one of the most disgusting things happening to good people in this country. The worst thing is that these people really have no recourse to get their money back. I heard a similar story of a man traveling to Las Vegas with $100,000 in cash for a poker tournament, as he happens to be a professional poker player. They took all of his $100,000. After hiring attorneys he got some of it back, but not all of it, and he had to pay his attorneys. Of course, he also missed his poker tournament. Eventually I would imagine that the laws will be changed so that this cannot happen and so that those who have had their money stolen can recoup all of their losses, but it will take a push from everyday citizens to get their legislators to make changes.

Hey......the Obama administration is stealing millions from businesses in the same manner. They think you're doing something illegal....they take hundreds of thousands out of your bank account......and you have to prove that you earned your money legally.

Another Obama Executive Order Allows Seizure of Americans Bank Accounts

Last edited:
Confiscation of personal property and money is a strange glitch in the legal system. I don't have the time but I bet if you checked back, the confiscation statutes were initiated by democrats. An example of the hypocrisy is that a drop of ethanol alcohol intended for personal use made in modern "still" which is the rage in the "prepper" movement, could get you locked up by the federal government and your property and home and everything else confiscated. A field of marijuana will get you about six months probation.

I'm not disputing it was an illegal game. That's not the issue. The police, on their own, just decided to take a piece of the action.

If it was an illegal game, was there any prosecution? I think we are on the same page here, I'm just trying to get more information.

Civil Forfeiture abuse is a huge problem to me.

If it was an illegal game, was there any prosecution? I think we are on the same page here, I'm just trying to get more information.

Nope. All charges dropped. They just took the money because they wanted to. The fact they broke into the house in full swat gear and held them at gunpoint with high powered rifles is another issue. But the only way to describe what went down was armed robbery.

Nope. All charges dropped. They just took the money because they wanted to. The fact they broke into the house in full swat gear and held them at gunpoint with high powered rifles is another issue. But the only way to describe what went down was armed robbery.

Yep, Robbery by police officers, nothing but.

It is why some on the left are willing to argue, that there can be no War on Drugs without wartime tax rates to prove that exigency exists.

you should look up the laws on forfeiture. whether you agree with those laws or not. perhaps it will explain what you seem not to understand.

you should look up the laws on forfeiture. whether you agree with those laws or not. perhaps it will explain what you seem not to understand.

Look up how those laws are actually being used. Perhaps it will explain what you seem not to understand.

Look up how those laws are actually being used. Perhaps it will explain what you seem not to understand.

i know you're trying to show you understood my post. you clearly didn't and your response is meaningless blather.

i know you're trying to show you understood my post. you clearly didn't and your response is meaningless blather.

I guess we will both just have to learn to live with that pain.

Now, in a day where we have ATM's, bank branches all over the country, internet banking, internet purchasing, paypal as well as the traditional paper check....why would anyone carry 16K in cash?

Because fuck you I will do what I want. There is nothing illegal about possessing money.

which laws on "forfeiture" are those? We Only have eminent domain in our supreme law of the land; public policy must constitute public use.

Forum List

Back