GOVERNMENT Shutdown , Congress shouldn't be paid should they

Almost 51% of Congress are millionaires. The pay check is not what drives them.
Still, they'll feel it after awhile. It wouldn't be like one of us losing their check for weeks and weeks, but they'd feel it.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck." - POTUS Trump

------------------------------------ GO Trump , shut'er down as the shut down highlghts the 'dems' disdain for Americas Security .

As far as I am concerned, Congressional members and the President agreed to a bill. It's the Senate that tried to push ANOTHER temporary continuing resolution.
No real budget, no real pay.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck." - POTUS Trump

I am proud of Trump too. He is the only one protecting America. It seems the moral equivalent of locking your own front door at night in the city. How many liberals leave the door open or unlocked at night in the city?

I agree with the chica AOC here.

In fact, I'd go a bit further, Congress people really shouldn't be paid at all. Travel expenses and per diem only. They should also be able to complete their work for the year in an 6 to 8 week session at most. Congressmen and senators should be earning their livings at their own professions in their own states and districts. Dr. Paul should be doing his surgery, Mr. Franken doing his buffoonery, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez should be pouring beer.

everyone watching can see you 'dems' obstructing Border Security CKid .

You seem to think that's a bad thing, and I think it's great! :banana:

Yeah; it's great because Trump OWNS IT.

Dam straight the President owns it. And the Trumpster's political calculus is that the electorate is more concerned about protecting the border than they are about whether some do-nothing bureaucrats are inconvenienced. If I were advising Chuck and Nancy, I'd recommend that they negotiate with their President on this- its only $5 Billion. The federal government spends that much on toilet tissue.

Dam straight the President owns it. And the Trumpster's political calculus is that the electorate is more concerned about protecting the border than they are about whether some do-nothing bureaucrats are inconvenienced. If I were advising Chuck and Nancy, I'd recommend that they negotiate with their President on this- its only $5 Billion. The federal government spends that much on toilet tissue.

It was President Trump's choice not to sign their facetious as well as stupid bill. Puts the ball back in their court. They're using their own mischief to blame President Trump for noncooperation with their stupidity, not his. That's what some of those libtards in Congress do.

It was President Trump's choice not to sign their facetious as well as stupid bill. Puts the ball back in their court. They're using their own mischief to blame President Trump for noncooperation with their stupidity, not his. That's what some of those libtards in Congress do.

Just the other day, in case you were (obviously) not paying attention, Trump said he was proud to shut down the US Gubmint & he would accept the responsibility for that.

Do you people EVER fvcking pay attention to a goddamn thing?

Forum List

Back