Government Spending On Health Care In Switzerland

According to the world data bank, their spending is 11.4% of gdp.

And, amazingly US healthcare has now risen to 17% of gdp, as of 2013

Government spending on health care in Switzerland is only 2.7 percent of GDP, by far the lowest in the developed world. By contrast, in 2008, U.S. government spending on health care was 7.4 percent of GDP. If the U.S. could move its state health spending to Swiss levels, it would save more than $700 billion a year.

'Course that would deprive insurance companies of massive annual profits...Can't Have That!!

Please explain to me what you think the national debt is.
Debt is debt, simple as that...
So you want to be like every other willfully ignorant debt hawk? The national debt is necessary for the existence of money for the private sector. It's literally the currency issued that has yet to be taxed away/destroyed by inflation. The us govt can create dollars from thin air, so default is impossible.

That's total bullshit.
Please tell me what you disagree with. I will kindly show you why you're wrong.

I disagree with every word of it. But for starters, take your claim that money couldn't exist without the National debt. That is easy to disprove.
In today's modern world, the us govt creates dollars and adds them to the economy. That is simply how it works. The economy would collapse if the us government stopped creating dollars, since circulation is not how it ideally should be. Disagree with every word of it? Then you're a moron who knows nothing about economics.

So you want to be like every other willfully ignorant debt hawk? The national debt is necessary for the existence of money for the private sector. It's literally the currency issued that has yet to be taxed away/destroyed by inflation. The us govt can create dollars from thin air, so default is impossible.

That's total bullshit.
Printed paper is not wealth...
No one said dollars have any actual "value." They only have 'value' because of taxation, which creates demand.

Taxation is the only thing that creates demand? You don't know the first thing about money.
I never said it was the only thing. However, the US dollar is in demand because people have to acquire it to pay taxes.

Debt is debt, simple as that...

That's total bullshit.

I disagree with every word of it. But for starters, take your claim that money couldn't exist without the National debt. That is easy to disprove.
In today's modern world, the us govt creates dollars and adds them to the economy. That is simply how it works. The economy would collapse if the us government stopped creating dollars, since circulation is not how it ideally should be. Disagree with every word of it? Then you're a moron who knows nothing about economics.

Yes, I fully realize the government creates money. However, your theory that it couldn't do that without going into debt is pure fantasy. Your believe that the only kind of money is government fiat money is also clearly a fantasy.

That's total bullshit.
No one said dollars have any actual "value." They only have 'value' because of taxation, which creates demand.

Taxation is the only thing that creates demand? You don't know the first thing about money.
I never said it was the only thing. However, the US dollar is in demand because people have to acquire it to pay taxes.

Wrong.

That's total bullshit.

Delusional

That's total bullshit.

Yes, I fully realize the government creates money. However, your theory that it couldn't do that without going into debt is pure fantasy. Your believe that the only kind of money is government fiat money is also clearly a fantasy.
Hey, moron, we've been a fiat regime for decades. I'm not a gold humper, I like to talk about the world we actually live in.
However, your theory that it couldn't do that without going into debt is pure fantasy.
What the f*** do you think the debt represents?

Wrong.
Are you stupid? How the hell is this wrong? This is basic stuff.

That's total bullshit.

Hey, moron, we've been a fiat regime for decades. I'm not a gold humper, I like to talk about the world we actually live in.
However, your theory that it couldn't do that without going into debt is pure fantasy.

You said money couldn't exist if the government didn't go into debt. Now you seem to be claiming that it was possible in the past. Did the laws of economics change at some point?

Wrong.

Taxes aren't the only thing people use dollars to pay for. Any child with money for the ice cream truck can tell you that.

According to the world data bank, their spending is 11.4% of gdp.

And, amazingly US healthcare has now risen to 17% of gdp, as of 2013

Government spending on health care in Switzerland is only 2.7 percent of GDP, by far the lowest in the developed world. By contrast, in 2008, U.S. government spending on health care was 7.4 percent of GDP. If the U.S. could move its state health spending to Swiss levels, it would save more than $700 billion a year.

'Course that would deprive insurance companies of massive annual profits...Can't Have That!!

Do you mean with Obamacare?

That's total bullshit.

You must be a paper humper?

That's total bullshit.

All hat no cattle...

You said money couldn't exist if the government didn't go into debt. Now you seem to be claiming that it was possible in the past. Did the laws of economics change at some point?
We're a fiat regime now. I am quite obviously talking about our current system.

Wrong.

Taxes aren't the only thing people use dollars to pay for. Any child with money for the ice cream truck can tell you that.
*sigh.* Why do you think people use the US dollar over other forms of currency?

Debt is never necessary...
It's 100% necessary and this nation would collapse if we tried to cut it.
Lol
Think big deficits cause recessions
We've tried it before... and every time..
There is never an excuse for debt...
There is never an excuse for government debt, at any rate.
Then you want to harm the private sector.

Forum List

Back