Government - waste, fraud, and abuse

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
In his State of the Union address, President Obama said he wanted to “make high-quality preschool available to every child in America” and “make sure none of our children start the race of life already behind.”

Another government-controlled, top-down, one-size-fits-all program—what could go wrong?

Look at the government’s record. As Heritage’s Lindsey Burke, the Will Skillman Fellow in Education, and research associate Rachel Sheffield point out in their new paper, “Washington already has a poor track record for K–12 education, with federal spending nearly tripling over the past three decades while academic achievement and attainment languishes

Why We Don't Need Universal Preschool

It's a fact that the more government has spent on poverty, the worse the poverty situation as become in the U.S. And the more they've spent on education, the worse our entire education system has become in the U.S.

But hey, liberals were never ones to let facts stand in the way...

Look at the government preschool we already have. There are already 45 government preschool programs run by numerous federal agencies, including the Departments of Education, Health and Human Services, Agriculture, the Interior, and Housing and Urban Development. Burke and Sheffield note that these 45 programs “are estimated to cost taxpayers more than $20 billion annually. Many are duplicative and ineffective, failing to serve the needs of children from low-income families.”

Why We Don't Need Universal Preschool

$20 fucking billon because liberals are a bunch of irresponsible assholes who breed children they can't take care of while drunk and high.

I don't agree with OP premise. There IS no "Fraud, Waste or Abuse" in Government.

They are just using Material and Finances in a way that we are just not smart enough to understand or even begin to grasp.

Also, much of that is Classified so you shouldn't be looking at it anyway.

You know who disagrees with you? The military. Yep, the beloved military.

They have said that America's obesity and stupidity epedemic is going to cause national security problems, as right now 3 out of 4 18-25 year olds are either too fat or too dumb to serve.

Among many things the military recommends is........yep.......early childhood education programs.

They have said that America's obesity and stupidity epedemic is going to cause national security problems, as right now 3 out of 4 18-25 year olds are either too fat or too dumb to serve.
Not true. I see very fat Army Soldiers everyday.

Funny though, US Marine not so fat. I wonder why? :confused:

So I say the military is concerned that 3 out of 4 Americans are too fat and dumb to serve, and you counter it by saying you see fat Army soldiers? Um.....thats kind their point.

The Marines are fanatical about fitness, and they are the few and the proud. Last I read, there was about 180,000 of them....out of a 3,000,000 man military.

But you're right. For all the bad PR that police officers have for having overweight fat asses, living in a military down with a local AF and Navy base, we see quite a few of the military folks who could afford to pass on the doughnuts.

Currently, whether the government protects your rights or abuses them depends entirely on who you are.
On numerous levels.

Among many things the military recommends is........yep.......early childhood education programs.

And of course, when the military states how a nation should be run, the people of that nation should immediately follow... Gee, no dangers there.... :cuckoo:

So I say the military is concerned that 3 out of 4 Americans are too fat and dumb to serve, and you counter it by saying you see fat Army soldiers? Um.....thats kind their point.

The Marines are fanatical about fitness, and they are the few and the proud. Last I read, there was about 180,000 of them....out of a 3,000,000 man military.

But you're right. For all the bad PR that police officers have for having overweight fat asses, living in a military down with a local AF and Navy base, we see quite a few of the military folks who could afford to pass on the doughnuts.

Funny, was just thinking how this entire country could afford to pass on your freedom of speech so that we don't have to listen to your marxist rhetoric anymore. I mean, you refuse to recognize the authority if the U.S. constitution, so why should anyone recognize any freedoms it is intended to afford you?

Feds Spend $1.5 Million to Study Why Lesbians Are Fat

It sounds like a joke...but it's a real $1.5M

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has awarded $1.5 million to study biological and social factors for why "three-quarters" of lesbians are obese and why gay males are not, calling it an issue of "high public-health significance."

Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Mass., has received two grants administered by NIH's Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) to study the relationship between sexual orientation and obesity.

Feds Spend $1.5 Million to Study Why Lesbians Are Fat | CNS News

Three people were arrested in California Tuesday for collecting fraudulent unemployment and disability benefits. To date, a total of 21 people have been charged in the $5 million scheme.

21 people charged in $5 million unemployment fraud scheme - Jan. 16, 2013

Just imagine if the people were not forced into unemployment and were instead allowed to keep that money and set it aside themselves for their own unemployment? There would be no program to defraud. And there would be no money wasted on a giant government bureaucracy to over see the program.

Last edited:
Dairy price supports cost taxpayers $1.1 billion a year. They include a quaint, but expensive, provision dating back to the 1930's called "milk marketing orders," which originally restricted how far milk could be transported from farm to market to prevent spoilage. Today, refrigerated trucking invalidates that concern. "There are fewer milk marketing orders, but they still exist," Schatz said.

Another subsidy, on peanuts, costs taxpayers $55 million every year. Peanuts can be grown in a wide range of climates, but the government restricts their planting to a few, mostly southern, states.

What to Cut: Striking subsidies could save billions | Fox News

Waste, fraud and abuse are not bugs in a government system...they are features.

Which is why we should give the government as little money as possible for as few purposes as possible.

Seriously - the federal government is such a bunch of bumbling buffoons that they can't even close out unused bank accounts. It's just criminal.

The last 30 years, the nonrich and the country have been falling apart under voodoo- end of story- and thanks for the Great Recession and the worst level of bs propaganda ever.......

The last 30 years, the nonrich and the country have been falling apart under voodoo- end of story- and thanks for the Great Recession and the worst level of bs propaganda ever.......

You're right - this country has been falling apart thanks to Dumbocrats. The moral decay (from work ethic to integrity to honesty) created by the left is deplorable and it has had a devastating effect on this once great nation.

The IRS sent more than $46 million in tax refunds to 23,994 “unauthorized” alien workers who all listed the same address in Atlanta, Ga., in 2011, according to an audit report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).

That's right folks - Dumbocrats are so fucking stupid, they actually believe that 23,994 people all live at the same address! And then they send these illegal aliens a refund! I would say this is completely un-fucking-believable, but sadly, Dumbocrats have taught us they are so profoundly fucking stupid, that this is not only completely believable, sadly it's not even surprising...

IRS Sent $46 Million in Tax Refunds to 23,994 ?Unauthorized? Aliens ? All at the SAME Address in Atlanta | TheBlaze.com

Forum List

Back