governor walker pranked

It might. Where you asking how this might change the outcome? Walker looked like an ass after that call. The unions now appear more sympathetic.
Walker may have looked like an ass to you after the call, but my guess is that he looked like an ass to you before the call. The unions now appear more sympathetic? Really?
Most people in Wi. know that their state is broke.

The state is so broke it needs to slash benefits for teachers, but not so broke that it can't afford a massive tax cut for businesses.

How would you stimulate the economy in the PRIVATE SECTOR? Raise the taxes? :cuckoo:

Meister, the business community has to give up the proposed tax cuts in WI along with public sector unions having their pay and benefits slashed, but not their collective bargaining rights.

And of course, George Soros hasn't bent obama's ear, has he? Or, how about Trumka at the White House several times...no issues with these two, huh?

You tell me. You are the one that is making the claim.

I would hope that Obama has more integrity than Walker. Until something sufficiently embarrassing surfaces, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I suppose you won't.

You do realize that even though they are state employees they do make a living wage, where they do pay for some of their own bills right? Are you suggesting that the tax payers buy their cars and grocerys, also?

And their wages come from the taxpayers. Define "living wage"?

Wisconsin's 267,000 public workers pay next to nothing out-of-pocket toward their pensions. State and local governments are supposed to pay half the retirement contribution, with employees paying the rest. But in Wisconsin, many union contracts stipulate that the employer -- which means taxpayers -- picks up the employee's share.

Right. That is called a "benefit" which is something that makes a job attractive or not. If teachers weren't important, these things would never exist. You guys act like the teachers stole these out from under the noses of the taxpayers.

Walker's proposal would raise employee pension contributions to nearly 6 percent. In making his pitch, he noted that amount is equal to what most private-sector workers contribute to their 401(k)s.
Walker also would double state workers' health care contributions to 12 percent -- slightly less than what many Minnesota government workers already pay for health care coverage.
In pension and benefits, Wisconsin tops Minnesota | StarTribune.com

Are you saying a one time give back is going to solve the problems of the state? This is a new era where states are broke and changes need to be made going forward. I persoanlly don't believe that there should be state unions, but since there is, let them bargain for pay increases.

But not benefits? What's the difference?

Also, why is eliminating collective bargaining of paramount importance in remediating a state budget crisis?

And of course, George Soros hasn't bent obama's ear, has he? Or, how about Trumka at the White House several times...no issues with these two, huh?

You tell me. You are the one that is making the claim.

I would hope that Obama has more integrity than Walker. Until something sufficiently embarrassing surfaces, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I suppose you won't.

You do realize that even though they are state employees they do make a living wage, where they do pay for some of their own bills right? Are you suggesting that the tax payers buy their cars and grocerys, also?

And their wages come from the taxpayers. Define "living wage"?

Wisconsin's 267,000 public workers pay next to nothing out-of-pocket toward their pensions. State and local governments are supposed to pay half the retirement contribution, with employees paying the rest. But in Wisconsin, many union contracts stipulate that the employer -- which means taxpayers -- picks up the employee's share.

Right. That is called a "benefit" which is something that makes a job attractive or not. If teachers weren't important, these things would never exist. You guys act like the teachers stole these out from under the noses of the taxpayers.

Walker's proposal would raise employee pension contributions to nearly 6 percent. In making his pitch, he noted that amount is equal to what most private-sector workers contribute to their 401(k)s.
Walker also would double state workers' health care contributions to 12 percent -- slightly less than what many Minnesota government workers already pay for health care coverage.
In pension and benefits, Wisconsin tops Minnesota | StarTribune.com

Are you saying a one time give back is going to solve the problems of the state? This is a new era where states are broke and changes need to be made going forward. I persoanlly don't believe that there should be state unions, but since there is, let them bargain for pay increases.

But not benefits? What's the difference?

Also, why is eliminating collective bargaining of paramount importance in remediating a state budget crisis?

You asked, I answered. Sorry you refuse to understand or comprehend.

You haven't answered anything.

You speculated that Obama might make a drooling idiot of himself over a Soros call as Walker did over a Koch call* and you haven't given a solid answer over how eliminating collective bargaining is going to help Wisconsin out of an emergency situation.

You speculated that Obama might make a drooling idiot of himself over a Soros call as Walker did over a Koch call* and you haven't given a solid answer over how eliminating collective bargaining is going to help Wisconsin out of an emergency situation.

I doubt anyone that disagrees with you have ever answered your questions.....according to
geauxtohell. :eusa_whistle:

I doubt anyone that disagrees with you have ever answered your questions.....according to
geauxtohell. :eusa_whistle:

An honest attempt is better than calling a head-fake a lay up.

Walker may have looked like an ass to you after the call, but my guess is that he looked like an ass to you before the call. The unions now appear more sympathetic? Really?
Most people in Wi. know that their state is broke.

The state is so broke it needs to slash benefits for teachers, but not so broke that it can't afford a massive tax cut for businesses.

How would you stimulate the economy in the PRIVATE SECTOR? Raise the taxes? :cuckoo:

You guys are the underpants gnomes of economic policy.

My gawd, I've worked for Unions against a private employer...

If you all saw the abuse they did, you would be shocked.

I say, bust up the thug Unions..and I say that from Experience.

Your personal experience does not equate that ALL unions are abusive or thuggish. If I applied your reasoning to the examples of say, the S&L Scandal, or Enron, or the Wall St. and mortgage banking crimes, I could say that ALL financial corporations our corrupt.....but that, like with unions, is not the case.

No matter how the left tries to spin it...Walker showed integrity in the conversation.

The left is trying to make it the right's "ACLU child prostitution" moment....it didn't work.

Discussing plans to disrupt legal and peaceful protests with riot inciting thugs, and using illegal and dirty tricks against elected officials has anything BUT integrity.

To date, neither Walker or anyone else can logically and factually explain how banning unions from negotiating on their benefits and pensions saves a state money....especially when said unions in Wisconsin AGREED to the numbers set by Gov. Walker.

1. Drop the lies about collective bargaining, Walker.

2. Cut out the corporate tax breaks.

3. Cut out the same amount from the unions salary and pension.

See? Very easy and clear headed.

um
another one that forgets it was a PRANK
not actually koch

What difference does that make? Walker didn't know it was a prank.
and he didnt say anything wrong either
so fucking what

Um, he said he was considering using instigators and that he'd be interested in taking up an offer of a paid vacation in California. So instigating violence and bribery are ok with you? And please, don't feign ignorance.

Forum List

Back