Granddaughter yanks grandma's feeding tube

http://theanchoress.blogspot.com/2005/04/starving-grandma-intelligent-design.html

Links at site:

Friday, April 08, 2005
Starving Grandma, Intelligent Design and a few other links
A little tired from what seems like weeks on incessant blogging, and we may be gearing up for another big week if this story continues to develop. Should be interesting. Terri Schiavo was allowed to be dehydrated and starved to death because her husband remembered, 6 or 7 years on that, "oh, yeah...she didn't want to live like this." Now, an elderly lady with a living will , and who is apparently not comatose, vegetative or dying may be suffering the same fate. Keep your eyes on it. Surely, if this quote is accurate, we are standing upon a terrible precipice:

"Grandmama is old and I think it is time she went home to Jesus," Gaddy told Magouirk's brother and nephew, McLeod and Ken Mullinax. "She has glaucoma and now this heart problem, and who would want to live with disabilities like these?"

I wanted to link to Wittingshire, who have a link and excerpt regarding Intelligent Design that I thought was pretty interesting. I confess I don't know enough about it. Anyone who reads me knows I am no scholar...but it's still pre-tty compelling stuff. :)

I kinda liked this young man's experience at St. Peter's.

The publication ban in Canada has been lifted. All props must begin by acknowledging Ed Morrissey as the force behind this good news.

DO go read Bernard Higgins's A Certain Slant of Light. Just keep scrolling; it's all good.

Finally, I must send out public thanks to three bloggers who came to understand that I was in serious "blogger-distress" last night and who were extremely generous in their help, Dirty Harry at Jackson's Junction, Matt at Cartago Delenda Est and most especially, Sigmund, Carl and Alfred who did the work of three men in one! Thank you, guys, for your thoughtful kindness; I hope I can someday repay the favor.

Bonnie said:
Id be very interested to hear what he has to say to you about this.

Alas I didnt get to talk to him. he left too fast. but it was an uplifting evening even though. Glenn was sharing how he found God. Ive heard it before but its always entertaining to hear it over and over again.

The post Free put up with the radio call from the nephew to Glenn is hair raising. It takes about 15 min to listen all the way thru but worth while. He talks about even having a top heart surgeon stading by with a helicopter to take his aunt to a hospital, and all the horrible mishandlings of this woman based on one grandaughter who has only the financial power of attorney, not medical, and the judge who gave the orders to pull the feeding tube. And then there's the doctor who claims her quality of life is not great!

See this represents all the things we were worrying about happening, and now it has.

Merlin 1047....I disagree that the Schiavo case created any slippery slopes except the one created by foolish and inept legislative meddling. If the Schiavo case and this case prove anything it is the fact that we need to revamp our laws regarding the removal of either life support or feeding tubes.

Merlin I hope you are right abou that. The way I see it is that case gave credence to a horrible act by a horrible cold hearted husband under the auspice of doing the "right or noble thing" and then having the law agree over and over again. People view her death (murder) as validation for their twisted ideas that human life is only good when we are young and beautiful, and that somehow we are doing people a favor by deciding when to send them on their way out of this life.

I hope this is an isolated incident, but I don't give people or society in general that much credit, sadly!

Someone once said, "There's a sucker born every minute". What I'm finding hard to believe is that there are so many members naive and gullible enough to take this entire article at face value. Move this thread to the humor section...it's hillarious! :laugh:

MissileMan said:
Someone once said, "There's a sucker born every minute". What I'm finding hard to believe is that there are so many members naive and gullible enough to take this entire article at face value. Move this thread to the humor section...it's hillarious! :laugh:
I tend to feel the same way...we'll see.

MissileMan said:

"Captain Alexander Williams, a New York City police inspector
at the time, attributed "There's a sucker born every minute, but
none of them ever die" to Joseph Bessimer, a notorious confidence
trickster of the early 1880s known to the police as "Paper Collar
Joe". See _P. T. Barnum: the Legend and the Man_, by A. H. Saxon
(Columbia University Press, 1989)."

As far as so many members being naive and gullible ... Why the surprise?

Log on to any forum like web site, Conservative, Leftist, Libertarian, etc, and lurk around a bit.

Why even a Nigerian can sell unimaginative scams to the intellectual deficient. ;)

MissileMan said:

For what reason would this man and his family be making this up? Let's hope this is a total sham as you suggest, but that makes even less sense than taking it at face value.

I don't believe Glenn Beck would have put the guy on is he weren't for real. It's also hard to believe the guy would put his personal phone number all over the internet for hundreds or thousands to call.

krisy said:
I don't believe Glenn Beck would have put the guy on is he weren't for real. It's also hard to believe the guy would put his personal phone number all over the internet for hundreds or thousands to call.

Makes no difference if it's true or not----the real issue is that it's done everyday. It's how we let people die-----someone is in charge--tells the docs to pull the tube and they die of dehydration. Some people just don't have a problem with that--others do. I won't EVEN go into how many times I've seen Dr.s stop treatment with no legal authority whatsoever !

http://straightupwsherri.blogspot.com/2005/04/mae-is-out-of-hospice.html

Saturday, April 09, 2005
MAE IS OUT OF HOSPICE!!!
I JUST TALKED WITH KENNETH. MAE IS AT UAB HOSPITAL!

OUT OF HOSPICE!

HE IS ON HIS WAY TO HER NOW!!

STAND BY FOR A BETTER MORE THOROUGH ACCOUNT OF DETAILS-- JUST WANTED TO GET THE INFO OUT

PRAISE GOD!!

UPDATE:

EMAIL FROM KENNETH:

THANKS TO THE SUPPORT OF ALL OF THE FRIENDS OF TERRI, MY AUNT MAE MAGOUIRK HAS BEEN AIR LIFTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM MEDICAL CENTER

... and receiving IV fluids, nourishment and some of the finest medical care available in the United States!

Praise be the name of the Lord GOD...
Thanks to Terri's friends...
It would NEVER ever have been possible without bloggers who love life , and the truth!!

I am racing from my home to UAB now and will type a detailed update after I see my Aunt Mae!

Thanks guys, your calls, emails, blogs and prayers did it ALL!!!

I so love you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Mullinax, nephew of Mae

IT IS NOT OVER YET - THE OPPOSITION IS STILL TRYING TO GET HER BACK TO THE HOSPICE - SO KEEP FIGHTING BLOGGERS!

Crossposted at BlogsForTerri

Apparently Grandma is safer now than when I heard about her on Sirius Talkright. Awesome.

Google News Link on her story.

Great job to those who called and got the bloggers on it as well. Y'all rock.

music-smiley-011.gif

Mr. P said:
I have to say, this still smells funny to me. No National nor local coverage, just blogs..hell I'm local, haven't heard a peep...

Is grandmaMae unable to communicate?

Forum List

Back