Graph and Logic Lesson For The Day

330xkyc.jpg

Less households own guns than ever before. All the OP proves is that those households which do own guns, own a LOT of guns. But there are less people who own them, and that is what matters when it comes to the homicide rate.

When viewing the next graph, remember the Brady Bill was passed in 1993:

2cpoqbs.png
Doesnt matter.
I got laid in 1993. That must account for the difference.

Well...that would cause women to go into hiding....where they are theoretically safe from gunfire. Makes sense.

Lol. Another logic lesson. They assumed that the guns are evenly distributed among all of the population.

Hey...good news for you: you're not the only fool around:

1. Here's another fool:
"Obama’s executive-led gun control push is finally underway."
President Obama Has Let His Emotion Get the Better of His Judgment

2. Then, there's this:
"The CDC studied laws throughout the country, and found: “In summary, the Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence.” http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr5214.pdf

How ya' like dat, booooyyyyyeeeeeee????

That's a scatter plot of the data I did from the year 1994 to 2012. That's the years I could find murder incident data on the FBI website. The scatter plot uses the number of guns owned as the x-axis, and number of murders as the y-axis. As you can see, the relationship is not at all linear. I didn't even bother doing a regression once I saw the scatter plot. There's absolutely no point.

It's possible that if we went back to 1984 you might have more data, but I'd find that very doubtful.

That pretty much settles it. There's not really anything to learn from the data you posted.

BTW, I did that again for the murder rate, which is usually the data point that reputable scientists use to study violent crime. The scatter plot doesn't change at all. There's still no linear relation.
So the number of guns in circulation is irrelevant to the crime rate.
Thanks!
End gun control now.
That's one way to read it for sure. All I can say is that if you are going to make an argument relating these two datasets (gun sales vs. number of murders), you can't argue more guns makes you either more or less safe.
OK. You're right.
So why does the Left want to restrict all this? It doesnt work.

We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill.....to get their hands on them.

You know.....nut cases, wife beaters, toddlers and chicken shit losers who think they are going to get mugged at McDonalds.

"Gun-Homicide Rate Decreased as Gun Ownership Increased"
Gun-Homicide Rate Decreased as Gun Ownership Increased
"Guns per person". Another phrase which had to be invented by the propagandists to conceal the fact the percentage of gun ownership had declined.

You tards seem to think if one person buys MOAR guns, it has an effect on the homicide rate!

Let me show you what REAL logic looks like, PC.

1980: Bob owns 2 guns, Joe owns 2 guns, Bill owns 0 guns, Jennifer owns 0 guns.

Homicide rate: 6.6

Number of guns: 4
Percent of gun owners: 50%
"Guns per person": 1

2015: Bob owns 6 guns, Joe owns 0 guns, Bill owns 0 guns, Jennifer owns 0 guns.

Homicide rate 3.1

Number of guns: 6
Percent of gun owners: 25%
"Guns per person": 1.5

You retards want us to believe "guns per person" going up is the reason the homicide rate went down, while completely ignoring the FACT that the percent of gun owners had DECREASED. :lol:

You cannot escape from your own premise, because you drew the correlation between gun ownership and the homicide rate yourself. And by your own premise, the decrease in the percent of Americans who own guns led to the lower homicide rate, not the increase in the number of guns Bob bought. You've been hoisted by your own petard.

Idiot.

Having had her "logic lesson" obliterated, PC thinks bigger pictures will obscure the facts. :lol:

How did you know that you were the very dope I directed that to?

330xkyc.jpg

You posted this picture from the Left Wing University of Chicago....Bernie's alma mater....

So I provided the data via the equally Left Wing factcheck.org.

I win....I found data that even a Leftist source states that I'm right.

You like that?

Sometimes this is sooooooo much fun!

Having had her "logic lesson" obliterated, PC thinks bigger pictures will obscure the facts. :lol:

330xkyc.jpg

You posted this picture from the Left Wing University of Chicago....Bernie's alma mater....

You like that?

That's pretty funny coming from someone who used cnsnews as a source. :lol:

I've posted from more than one source the evidence the percentage of Americans who own guns has declined.

You obviously are realizing now your "logic lesson" has catastrophically blown up in your face, which is why you are now trying to challenge the sources which have obliterated you.

That's a scatter plot of the data I did from the year 1994 to 2012. That's the years I could find murder incident data on the FBI website. The scatter plot uses the number of guns owned as the x-axis, and number of murders as the y-axis. As you can see, the relationship is not at all linear. I didn't even bother doing a regression once I saw the scatter plot. There's absolutely no point.

It's possible that if we went back to 1984 you might have more data, but I'd find that very doubtful.

That pretty much settles it. There's not really anything to learn from the data you posted.

BTW, I did that again for the murder rate, which is usually the data point that reputable scientists use to study violent crime. The scatter plot doesn't change at all. There's still no linear relation.
Thanks!
End gun control now.
That's one way to read it for sure. All I can say is that if you are going to make an argument relating these two datasets (gun sales vs. number of murders), you can't argue more guns makes you either more or less safe.
OK. You're right.

We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill.....to get their hands on them.

You know.....nut cases, wife beaters, toddlers and chicken shit losers who think they are going to get mugged at McDonalds.

"We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill..."

And this is how normal folks recognize that Liberals are deficient.....
....they actually argue that criminals get their guns via the same process that law abiding folks do.

For clarity: licensed gun owners are the single most law abiding people in the nation.

Example:

“Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html

Charged with a crime..... .00086% of permit holders.

.00086%

330xkyc.jpg

You like that?

I've posted from more than one source the evidence the percentage of Americans who own guns has declined.

You obviously are realizing now your "logic lesson" has catastrophically blown up in your face, which is why you are now trying to challenge the sources which have obliterated you.

I find that morons general complain about a source when the data is unassailable.

So....prove you're not a moron by showing that CNS is not a reputable source.

Get this, you moron:
"Anyone have a link debunking CNSNEWS.com as a credible source?
I would be forever greatful. I've been Googling but unable to find anything yet. Figure someone might have something bookmarked."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.phpaz=view_all&address=104x2453998

Thanks!
End gun control now.
OK. You're right.

"We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill..."

....they actually argue that criminals get their guns via the same process that law abiding folks do.

For clarity: licensed gun owners are the single most law abiding people in the nation.

Example:

“Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”

.00086%

Yeah. Great data picking.

I own a firearm. But it's under lock and key where nobody except me will ever lay hands on it.

You have failed in this thread and continue to fail. Wrong on every count.

A Shrinking Minority: The Continuing Decline of Gun Ownership in America

From 1977 to 2014, the percentage of American households that reported having any guns in the home dropped by 40 percent.

Major survey shows gun ownership declining

According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That's a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

Thanks!
End gun control now.
OK. You're right.

Example:

.00086%

Yeah. Great data picking.

I own a firearm. But it's under lock and key where nobody except me will ever lay hands on it.

You have failed in this thread and continue to fail. Wrong on every count.

"Wrong on every count."

So......why are you unable to show any place I've been wrong?

What are you...a Liberal or something??????

From 1977 to 2014, the percentage of American households that reported having any guns in the home dropped by 40 percent.

According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That's a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

Click your top link and watch what happens.

It's like you.....out to lunch.

330xkyc.jpg

You like that?

I find that morons general complain about a source when the data is unassailable.

So....prove you're not a moron by showing that CNS is not a reputable source.

Get this, you moron:
"Anyone have a link debunking CNSNEWS.com as a credible source?
I would be forever greatful. I've been Googling but unable to find anything yet. Figure someone might have something bookmarked."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.phpaz=view_all&address=104x2453998
I've debunked cnsnews bullshit on this forum many times. It's a well known right wing propaganda web site. It's partisan. Not objective. Biased.

Anyway, to the larger point, you cannot escape the FACT there are significantly less households with guns. Match that up with your giant graphic from FactCheck.org that gun crime has decreased, and your "logic lesson" blows up in your face.

See the escapey words 'reported' and 'according to' in our links????

Get this:
"One obvious caution is that not everyone feels comfortable noting that they own guns. A recent Zogby Analytics survey asked, "If a national pollster asked you if you owned a firearm, would you determine to tell him or her the truth or would you feel it was none of their business?” Thirty-five percent of current gun owners said it was none of pollsters’ business. People who claim that they are not gun owners are slightly more likely to answer this way.

Ironically, the same GSS poll that finds gun ownership to be at a record low also finds that "confidence in all three branches of government is at or near record lows.” Those who don’t trust the government might also be less likely to admit to owning a gun.

We also know that recent events influence people’s willingness to acknowledge gun ownership. After mass shootings, the numbers fall. But, with gun sales soaring during the early to mid-1990s, it is hard to believe that gun ownership really fell according to the Gallup poll by 17 percentage points between 1994 and 1999. Most likely the mass public shootings simply made people reticent to acknowledge to pollsters that they owned guns."
Is gun ownership really down in America? | Fox News

Forum List

Back