Graph and Logic Lesson For The Day

A Shrinking Minority: The Continuing Decline of Gun Ownership in America

From 1977 to 2014, the percentage of American households that reported having any guns in the home dropped by 40 percent.

Major survey shows gun ownership declining

According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That's a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

Click your top link and watch what happens.

It's like you.....out to lunch.
I linked to the exact same page earlier in the topic. The link this time had a [B partial html tag accidentally in it, which is obvious and can be easily removed from your web address bar. So who is out to lunch?

Here it is again: http://www.vpc.org/studies/ownership.pdf

FirearmFacts.png
Having had her "logic lesson" obliterated, PC thinks bigger pictures will obscure the facts. :lol:

How did you know that you were the very dope I directed that to?

330xkyc.jpg

You posted this picture from the Left Wing University of Chicago....Bernie's alma mater....

So I provided the data via the equally Left Wing factcheck.org.

I win....I found data that even a Leftist source states that I'm right.

You like that?

Sometimes this is sooooooo much fun!

That's pretty funny coming from someone who used cnsnews as a source. :lol:

I've posted from more than one source the evidence the percentage of Americans who own guns has declined.

You obviously are realizing now your "logic lesson" has catastrophically blown up in your face, which is why you are now trying to challenge the sources which have obliterated you.

I find that morons general complain about a source when the data is unassailable.

So....prove you're not a moron by showing that CNS is not a reputable source.

Get this, you moron:
"Anyone have a link debunking CNSNEWS.com as a credible source?
I would be forever greatful. I've been Googling but unable to find anything yet. Figure someone might have something bookmarked."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.phpaz=view_all&address=104x2453998
I've debunked cnsnews bullshit on this forum many times. It's a well known right wing propaganda web site. It's partisan. Not objective. Biased.

Anyway, to the larger point, you cannot escape the FACT there are significantly less households with guns. Match that up with your giant graphic from FactCheck.org that gun crime has decreased, and your "logic lesson" blows up in your face.

"I've debunked cnsnews..."

Of course you haven't.

The only thing 'debunked' was your claim that you were a bomb expert.

You said this:
"I'm retired military and an electronics expert. I know what bombs look like, and I know what clocks look like."

Remember how I made you eat those words?

Gads....sometimes this is soooooo much fun!

From 1977 to 2014, the percentage of American households that reported having any guns in the home dropped by 40 percent.

According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That's a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

See the escapey words 'reported' and 'according to' in our links????

Get this:
"One obvious caution is that not everyone feels comfortable noting that they own guns. A recent Zogby Analytics survey asked, "If a national pollster asked you if you owned a firearm, would you determine to tell him or her the truth or would you feel it was none of their business?” Thirty-five percent of current gun owners said it was none of pollsters’ business. People who claim that they are not gun owners are slightly more likely to answer this way.

Ironically, the same GSS poll that finds gun ownership to be at a record low also finds that "confidence in all three branches of government is at or near record lows.” Those who don’t trust the government might also be less likely to admit to owning a gun.

We also know that recent events influence people’s willingness to acknowledge gun ownership. After mass shootings, the numbers fall. But, with gun sales soaring during the early to mid-1990s, it is hard to believe that gun ownership really fell according to the Gallup poll by 17 percentage points between 1994 and 1999. Most likely the mass public shootings simply made people reticent to acknowledge to pollsters that they owned guns."
Is gun ownership really down in America? | Fox News
:lol:

And now we are TOTALLY off the "logic lesson" and going with, "They must be lying about not having guns!"

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Your desperation is getting the better of you now.

You're done, PC. Totally done.

Last edited:
Having had her "logic lesson" obliterated, PC thinks bigger pictures will obscure the facts. :lol:

330xkyc.jpg

You posted this picture from the Left Wing University of Chicago....Bernie's alma mater....

You like that?

I've posted from more than one source the evidence the percentage of Americans who own guns has declined.

You obviously are realizing now your "logic lesson" has catastrophically blown up in your face, which is why you are now trying to challenge the sources which have obliterated you.

I find that morons general complain about a source when the data is unassailable.

Get this, you moron:
I would be forever greatful. I've been Googling but unable to find anything yet. Figure someone might have something bookmarked."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.phpaz=view_all&address=104x2453998
I've debunked cnsnews bullshit on this forum many times. It's a well known right wing propaganda web site. It's partisan. Not objective. Biased.

Anyway, to the larger point, you cannot escape the FACT there are significantly less households with guns. Match that up with your giant graphic from FactCheck.org that gun crime has decreased, and your "logic lesson" blows up in your face.

Of course you haven't.

You said this:
"I'm retired military and an electronics expert. I know what bombs look like, and I know what clocks look like."

You are fantasizing. It wasn't a bomb. The school knew it wasn't a bomb. The cops knew it wasn't a bomb.

It wasn't a bomb. You can't make it a bomb no matter how many times you insist it is.

It wasn't a bomb. This is unequivocal.

I don't know why you lay awake at night obsessing over having your ass handed to you on that subject, and continue to bring it up over and over whenever you encounter me. I must terrify you and live in your head a lot!

You lost. Get over it.

So the number of guns in circulation is irrelevant to the crime rate.
Thanks!
End gun control now.
That's one way to read it for sure. All I can say is that if you are going to make an argument relating these two datasets (gun sales vs. number of murders), you can't argue more guns makes you either more or less safe.
OK. You're right.
So why does the Left want to restrict all this? It doesnt work.

We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill.....to get their hands on them.

You know.....nut cases, wife beaters, toddlers and chicken shit losers who think they are going to get mugged at McDonalds.

"We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill..."

And this is how normal folks recognize that Liberals are deficient.....
....they actually argue that criminals get their guns via the same process that law abiding folks do.

For clarity: licensed gun owners are the single most law abiding people in the nation.

Example:

“Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html

Charged with a crime..... .00086% of permit holders.

.00086%

Yeah. Great data picking.

I own a firearm. But it's under lock and key where nobody except me will ever lay hands on it.

You have failed in this thread and continue to fail. Wrong on every count.

If some called, or asked you to fill out a survey and one of the questions asked if you owned a firearm, or had one in your house, would you admit to owning one?

See the escapey words 'reported' and 'according to' in our links????

Get this:
"One obvious caution is that not everyone feels comfortable noting that they own guns. A recent Zogby Analytics survey asked, "If a national pollster asked you if you owned a firearm, would you determine to tell him or her the truth or would you feel it was none of their business?” Thirty-five percent of current gun owners said it was none of pollsters’ business. People who claim that they are not gun owners are slightly more likely to answer this way.

Ironically, the same GSS poll that finds gun ownership to be at a record low also finds that "confidence in all three branches of government is at or near record lows.” Those who don’t trust the government might also be less likely to admit to owning a gun.

We also know that recent events influence people’s willingness to acknowledge gun ownership. After mass shootings, the numbers fall. But, with gun sales soaring during the early to mid-1990s, it is hard to believe that gun ownership really fell according to the Gallup poll by 17 percentage points between 1994 and 1999. Most likely the mass public shootings simply made people reticent to acknowledge to pollsters that they owned guns."
Is gun ownership really down in America? | Fox News
:lol:

And now we are TOTALLY off the "logic lesson" and going with, "They must be lying about not having guns!"

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Your desperation is getting the better of you now.

You're done, PC. Totally done.

g5, if anyone asked me, (someone that knew me, and knew where I live) if I own a firearm, I'd lie my ass off.

That's one way to read it for sure. All I can say is that if you are going to make an argument relating these two datasets (gun sales vs. number of murders), you can't argue more guns makes you either more or less safe.
OK. You're right.

We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill.....to get their hands on them.

You know.....nut cases, wife beaters, toddlers and chicken shit losers who think they are going to get mugged at McDonalds.

"We'd like to make it more difficult for the people who are likely to use guns to kill..."

....they actually argue that criminals get their guns via the same process that law abiding folks do.

For clarity: licensed gun owners are the single most law abiding people in the nation.

Example:

“Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”

.00086%

I own a firearm. But it's under lock and key where nobody except me will ever lay hands on it.

If some called, or asked you to fill out a survey and one of the questions asked if you owned a firearm, or had one in your house, would you admit to owning one?

Depends on who was asking.

330xkyc.jpg

You like that?

Get this, you moron:

Of course you haven't.

You said this:

You are fantasizing. It wasn't a bomb. The school knew it wasn't a bomb. The cops knew it wasn't a bomb.

It wasn't a bomb. You can't make it a bomb no matter how many times you insist it is.

I don't know why you lay awake at night obsessing over having your ass handed to you on that subject, and continue to bring it up over and over whenever you encounter me. I must terrify you and live in your head a lot!

You lost. Get over it.

Now, now....I know it's embarrassing....but admit the truth.

You claimed to be an expert,and that you knew it looked nothing like a suitcase bomb....

Then....this:

"I'm retired military and an electronics expert. I know what bombs look like, and I know what clocks look like." Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"I am also an electronics expert. I worked at the top of the field for decades.... All these FACTS destroy"

So.....I provided the truth....as I always do.

29.jpg
Even an English teacher could tell it wasn't. Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

clip_image001.jpg

Briefcase-Clock-v-Bomb.jpg

The Express Tribune Blog

Really.....how much proof does one need to recognize that you are a hot-air filled blow-hard??????

OK. You're right.

Example:

.00086%

exactly

My family knows I own firearms, people at the range know I own firearms, places I've bought firearms know I own them.

Its no one else's business.

Not my doctors, my lawyer, my neighbors.

Here's how you do the graph and logic thing, if you believe PC is being logical:

NA-CG479_BUDGET_9U_20150713140009.jpg

Obama elected in 2009, deficit cut by almost a TRILLION dollars in 6 years.

Thank you Mr. President.

Example:

.00086%

exactly

My family knows I own firearms, people at the range know I own firearms, places I've bought firearms know I own them.

Obviously, most people feel the way you do....because Pew notes this:

"It is not clear, though, how many U.S. households own guns or whether that share has changed over time."
Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

So for those who are wondering about the out-of-left-field derangement involving a clock bomb is about, remember that kid who brought a clock to school and was taken away by the cops?

PC found some online blogger (yes, a blogger) who looked at a PHOTO of the "clock bomb" and concluded there was no way you could tell if it was a bomb or not.

This is key for you to understand. PC bought a blogger's line that it wasn't possible for an ordinary person to know if it was a bomb or not. She desperately wants to bleev this for some reason.

But here's the part PC blanks out. She's getting ready to blank it out right now as she reads this. It's happening in real time. While you read this next part, PC is going mentally blank.

So here's the thing:

1. The school teacher held onto the "bomb" for a couple hours before doing anything about it. Would she have done that if she couldn't tell if it wasn't a bomb? Nope.

2. The school staff did not evacuate the school. Wouldn't they have done that if they couldn't tell if it wasn't a bomb? Yep.

3. The bomb squad was not called in. A regular cop showed up. Wouldn't they have called the bomb squad if they thought it MIGHT be a bomb? Yep.

4. The cop put the "bomb" in his car! Yes, in his car! Would HE have done that if he thought it might be a bomb? Nope.

But for some strange fucking reason, PC bleevs a blogger instead of the MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE that EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS NOT A BOMB. The school and the cops, in fact, COULD tell the difference.

PC blanks all that out. She desperately wants to bleev an anonymous blogger. Because it fits with her pre-conceived delusions in her mind instead of the facts on the ground.

And, as ex-military and an electronics technician for many years, I could tell it wasn't a bomb. But you don't have to have any expertise at all to know it isn't a bomb. After all, even an ENGLISH TEACHER COULD TELL.

Poor PC. So retarded, she doesn't even experience the embarrassment and shame normal people would feel at having her ass handed to her.

Example:

.00086%

exactly

"It is not clear, though, how many U.S. households own guns or whether that share has changed over time."

Since 1993 peak? Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later, gun violence is down.

I think what PC meant to say is "homicides are on the decline.....THANKS OBAMA !"

exactly

Since 1993 peak? Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later, gun violence is down.

Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later,

Clinton, Obama and ?

Who was the third Democrat president since 1993?

So for those who are wondering about the out-of-left-field derangement involving a clock bomb is about, remember that kid who brought a clock to school and was taken away by the cops?

PC found some online blogger (yes, a blogger) who looked at a PHOTO of the "clock bomb" and concluded there was no way you could tell if it was a bomb or not.

This is key for you to understand. PC bought a blogger's line that it wasn't possible for an ordinary person to know if it was a bomb or not. She desperately wants to bleev this for some reason.

But here's the part PC blanks out. She's getting ready to blank it out right now as she reads this. It's happening in real time. While you read this next part, PC is going mentally blank.

So here's the thing:

1. The school teacher held onto the "bomb" for a couple hours before doing anything about it. Would she have done that if she couldn't tell if it wasn't a bomb? Nope.

2. The school staff did not evacuate the school. Wouldn't they have done that if they couldn't tell if it wasn't a bomb? Yep.

3. The bomb squad was not called in. A regular cop showed up. Wouldn't they have called the bomb squad if they thought it MIGHT be a bomb? Yep.

4. The cop put the "bomb" in his car! Yes, in his car! Would HE have done that if he thought it might be a bomb? Nope.

But for some strange fucking reason, PC bleevs a blogger instead of the MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE that EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS NOT A BOMB. The school and the cops, in fact, COULD tell the difference.

PC blanks all that out. She desperately wants to bleev an anonymous blogger. Because it fits with her pre-conceived delusions in her mind instead of the facts on the ground.

And, as ex-military and an electronics technician for many years, I could tell it wasn't a bomb. But you don't have to have any expertise at all to know it isn't a bomb. After all, even an ENGLISH TEACHER COULD TELL.

Poor PC. So retarded, she doesn't even experience the embarrassment and shame normal people would feel at having her ass handed to her.

Everyone can see the pictures, recognize that you were lying about any ability to judge what is and what is not a bomb or clock.

And....I caught you lying....today, in this post.

"You are fantasizing. It wasn't a bomb. The school knew it wasn't a bomb. The cops knew it wasn't a bomb.

I don't know why you lay awake at night obsessing over having your ass handed to you on that subject,.... "

Are you ready to recant this lie,....and apologize?

Or....shall we take another trip down memory lane and remind you that you claimed that it was Democrat racist Woodrow Wilson for whom I can give thanks for women's suffrage....

...and I had to teach you that it was the Republicans who are responsible for women's right to vote.

I admit that you didn't lie then....you were simply stupid.

exactly

Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later,

Clinton, Obama and ?

Who was the third Democrat president since 1993?

You named the 2 out of the 3, Cletus.

So here's the thing:

Everyone can see the pictures, recognize that you were lying about any ability to judge what is and what is not a bomb or clock.

And....I caught you lying....today, in this post.

"You are fantasizing. It wasn't a bomb. The school knew it wasn't a bomb. The cops knew it wasn't a bomb.

I don't know why you lay awake at night obsessing over having your ass handed to you on that subject,.... "

Are you ready to recant this lie,....and apologize?

Or....shall we take another trip down memory lane and remind you that you claimed that it was Democrat racist Woodrow Wilson for whom I can give thanks for women's suffrage....

...and I had to teach you that it was the Republicans who are responsible for women's right to vote.

I admit that you didn't lie then....you were simply stupid.

Your thread is a bomb. A big fat festering odoriferous bomb.

Forum List

Back