Graph and Logic Lesson For The Day

Briefcase-Clock-v-Bomb.jpg
"You expect schools to tell the difference?"

Yes, they COULD tell the difference. Even an ENGLISH TEACHER could tell the difference. She held onto it for hours. The school was not evacuated. The cop put it in his car.

In short, EVERYONE knew the difference.

Except "Bob Owens" and PC. :lol:

Depends on who was asking.

exactly

My family knows I own firearms, people at the range know I own firearms, places I've bought firearms know I own them.

Its no one else's business.

Not my doctors, my lawyer, my neighbors.

Obviously, most people feel the way you do....because Pew notes this:

"It is not clear, though, how many U.S. households own guns or whether that share has changed over time."
Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Since 1993 peak? Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later, gun violence is down.

Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later,

Clinton, Obama and ?

Who was the third Democrat president since 1993?

You named the 2 out of the 3, Cletus.

I'm aware of that Jethro.

who was the third?

So for those who are wondering about the out-of-left-field derangement involving a clock bomb is about, remember that kid who brought a clock to school and was taken away by the cops?

PC found some online blogger (yes, a blogger) who looked at a PHOTO of the "clock bomb" and concluded there was no way you could tell if it was a bomb or not.

This is key for you to understand. PC bought a blogger's line that it wasn't possible for an ordinary person to know if it was a bomb or not. She desperately wants to bleev this for some reason.

But here's the part PC blanks out. She's getting ready to blank it out right now as she reads this. It's happening in real time. While you read this next part, PC is going mentally blank.

So here's the thing:

1. The school teacher held onto the "bomb" for a couple hours before doing anything about it. Would she have done that if she couldn't tell if it wasn't a bomb? Nope.

2. The school staff did not evacuate the school. Wouldn't they have done that if they couldn't tell if it wasn't a bomb? Yep.

3. The bomb squad was not called in. A regular cop showed up. Wouldn't they have called the bomb squad if they thought it MIGHT be a bomb? Yep.

4. The cop put the "bomb" in his car! Yes, in his car! Would HE have done that if he thought it might be a bomb? Nope.

But for some strange fucking reason, PC bleevs a blogger instead of the MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE that EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS NOT A BOMB. The school and the cops, in fact, COULD tell the difference.

PC blanks all that out. She desperately wants to bleev an anonymous blogger. Because it fits with her pre-conceived delusions in her mind instead of the facts on the ground.

And, as ex-military and an electronics technician for many years, I could tell it wasn't a bomb. But you don't have to have any expertise at all to know it isn't a bomb. After all, even an ENGLISH TEACHER COULD TELL.

Poor PC. So retarded, she doesn't even experience the embarrassment and shame normal people would feel at having her ass handed to her.

Everyone can see the pictures, recognize that you were lying about any ability to judge what is and what is not a bomb or clock.

And....I caught you lying....today, in this post.

"You are fantasizing. It wasn't a bomb. The school knew it wasn't a bomb. The cops knew it wasn't a bomb.

It wasn't a bomb. You can't make it a bomb no matter how many times you insist it is.

It wasn't a bomb. This is unequivocal.

I don't know why you lay awake at night obsessing over having your ass handed to you on that subject,.... "

Are you ready to recant this lie,....and apologize?

Or....shall we take another trip down memory lane and remind you that you claimed that it was Democrat racist Woodrow Wilson for whom I can give thanks for women's suffrage....

...and I had to teach you that it was the Republicans who are responsible for women's right to vote.

I admit that you didn't lie then....you were simply stupid.
"Everyone can see the pictures, recognize that you were lying about any ability to judge what is and what is not a bomb or clock."

You see, folks? She went mentally blank!

Amazing to see in real time, isn't it? Really freaky!

I think what PC meant to say is "homicides are on the decline.....THANKS OBAMA !"

Well I will admit that Obama has turned out to be the nation's greatest gun salesman.

"Obama is the best gun salesman in America
Obama's call for more gun control has accelerated the recent surge in gun sales that began last month with the mass shooting in San Bernardino that claimed 14 lives.

"Tremendous, literally tremendous," said Bob Irwin, owner of The Gun Store in Las Vegas, shortly after Obama delivered a speech on expanding background checks. "It started with San Bernardino but Obama has just added to it. We can't keep guns in stock. Some of our major wholesalers are basically out of all the stuff that sells." Obama is the greatest gun salesman in America

"You expect schools to tell the difference?"

Yes, they COULD tell the difference. Even an ENGLISH TEACHER could tell the difference. She held onto it for hours. The school was not evacuated. The cop put it in his car.

In short, EVERYONE knew the difference.

Except "Bob Owens" and PC. :lol:

When you're in this deep a hole.....you should stop digging.

I think what PC meant to say is "homicides are on the decline.....THANKS OBAMA !"

Well I will admit that Obama has turned out to be the nation's greatest gun salesman.

"Obama is the best gun salesman in America
Obama's call for more gun control has accelerated the recent surge in gun sales that began last month with the mass shooting in San Bernardino that claimed 14 lives.

"Tremendous, literally tremendous," said Bob Irwin, owner of The Gun Store in Las Vegas, shortly after Obama delivered a speech on expanding background checks. "It started with San Bernardino but Obama has just added to it. We can't keep guns in stock. Some of our major wholesalers are basically out of all the stuff that sells." Obama is the greatest gun salesman in America

Smith & Wesson Hit By a Triple-Downgrade: 3 Things You Need to Know

Thing No. 1: Survey says...
Cowen cited new data out of the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, on inquiries attendant to gun purchases by would-be buyers, as sparking its concern over Smith & Wesson stock. According to TheFly.com, Cowen noted a 13.2% sequential decline in the number of background checks related to handgun purchases in March, alongside an 8% slide in background checks for long gun purchasers.

Smith & Wesson Hit By a Triple-Downgrade: 3 Things You Need to Know -- The Motley Fool

exactly

My family knows I own firearms, people at the range know I own firearms, places I've bought firearms know I own them.

Its no one else's business.

Not my doctors, my lawyer, my neighbors.

"It is not clear, though, how many U.S. households own guns or whether that share has changed over time."

Since 1993 peak? Gee so 2 out of 3 Democratic presidencies later, gun violence is down.

Clinton, Obama and ?

who was the third?

Do you want a lolly for noting my imperfect usage? Here. Suck on it. Don't choke.

Clinton, Obama and ?

who was the third?

Do you want a lolly for noting my imperfect usage? Here. Suck on it. Don't choke.

th

Clinton, Obama and ?

who was the third?

th

Drag yourself back into adulthood and tell why homicides have declined more in Democratic presidencies in the last 20+ years than in that awful Bush presidency.

Clinton, Obama and ?

who was the third?

th

Drag yourself back into adulthood and tell why homicides have declined more in Democratic presidencies in the last 20+ years than in that awful Bush presidency.
It's because murderers feel empowered by Democrats but alienated by Republicans so they go on killing sprees to make up for it.
Obviously.
LOL!

who was the third?

th

It's because murderers feel empowered by Democrats but alienated by Republicans so they go on killing sprees to make up for it.
Obviously.
LOL!

You have the chart upside down. Either turn your monitor over or stand on your head.

Clinton, Obama and ?

who was the third?

th

What did any of those presidents do to curtail homicides?

I can't seem to remember all those great bills, or EOs they signed preventing them.

who was the third?

th

What did any of those presidents do to curtail homicides?

I can't seem to remember all those great bills, or EOs they signed preventing them.

According to the OP, causation is not an issue. All you need is correlation. Repudiate her nonsense, and then I'll give you the answer to your question.

Oops, I think I just did.

A lot of the things I said about the first post apply here again. At first glance the graphic looks impressive, but again you see a lot of clear signs of data manipulation. Notice how the stats above reference data from only two years, some from multi year trends, and none of them match up over the same period of time. All of that makes the above graphic very very fishy.

Note: I'm not saying there isn't the possibility of truth in there. Just that the data is so cherry picked and manipulated I can't tell if the message its trying to send is true or not.

If we were to take the categories above, track them over the same time periods, then we could look for correlation either through straight up linear regression on pairs of data categories or multivariable regression. This isn't hard by the way. It isn't hard math. Excel can do it. Wolfram alpha can compute this.

However the person who made this graphic made a conscious choice NOT to do this and to instead cherry pick data. That doesn't exactly instill faith in the data.

Tell you what: give me a few data sources acceptable to you and I'll run a few scatter plots like before. If the correlation looks good I can run a few regression models.

Forum List

Back