🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

graphic and heart breaking

the dead baby in the sand is a kurd. his name is ---uhm I forgot how they spelled it QUORDI (?) --- ----IT MEANS ---a kurd. Most Kurds are muslims-----probably now in Syria----all. It is not entirely clear to me who is called "KURD" and by whom. There are some jews called "kurd" because they used to live up there in the hills -----in little separate enclaves of "Kurdistan" Up there in the hills seems to be something like the lifestyle of our APPALACHIANS -----don't quote me
"Kurd" means nomad in Farsi. Regardless, it was incumbent on his parents to protect him. Instead of trying to take him to safe haven in Kurd-held Northern Iraq or leave him in Turkey where Kurds are not being systematically slaughtered. Instead, they put him on some kind of rickety boat with no life jacket. I doubt anyone in the family knew how to swim in the first place.

I understand the need for a better life, but at what cost?

they took a chance-----so did the 'pilgrims' on the Mayflower
You take chances with your own life if you wish, but not that of your small children.
Desperation? Like any other refugees?
What were they so desperate for that they would risk the life of their toddler in some kind of boat obviously unsafe and without even a life jacket? They were already in western Turkey, far from ISIS's reach.

I don't know where you get your information from, but these people were trying to escape from Syria . . .

Shocking images of drowned Syrian boy show tragic plight of refugees

Greek authorities, coping with what has become the biggest migration crisis in living memory, said the boy was among a group of refugees escaping Islamic State in Syria.
OK, so you're not a whiz at geography, but they had already escaped Syria and were in one of the stablest countries of the region.

Show me some info where it says these people were trying to escape from Turkey and not Syria please. :)

12 people died after two boats carrying a total of 23 people, capsized after setting off separately from the Akyarlar area of the Bodrum peninsula.

23 people in two boats------what kind of boats? row boats?----
it is some kind of nightmare

Show me some info where it says these people were trying to escape from Turkey and not Syria please. :)
Because they were already in Turkey. IF YOU"RE IN FUCKING TURKEY, YOU"RE NOT IN SYRIA!

God, there are idiots, and then there are goddamned idiots!

ignorance is not always bliss
Thoreau's dictum of 'simplify, simplify, simplify' can be taken to extremes, I agree.

long ago ----I read an expose' on Thoreau------his sister was bringing him lunch every day and doing his laundry

I've read that people said they were abducted by aliens. That doesn't make it true.

It's getting worse and worse by the minute

Because they were already in Turkey. IF YOU"RE IN FUCKING TURKEY, YOU"RE NOT IN SYRIA!

God, there are idiots, and then there are goddamned idiots!

Thoreau's dictum of 'simplify, simplify, simplify' can be taken to extremes, I agree.

long ago ----I read an expose' on Thoreau------his sister was bringing him lunch every day and doing his laundry

I've read that people said they were abducted by aliens. That doesn't make it true.

so we can assume that the "story" you "allegedly" "read" about thoreau is also false?

"Kurd" means nomad in Farsi. Regardless, it was incumbent on his parents to protect him. Instead of trying to take him to safe haven in Kurd-held Northern Iraq or leave him in Turkey where Kurds are not being systematically slaughtered. Instead, they put him on some kind of rickety boat with no life jacket. I doubt anyone in the family knew how to swim in the first place.

I understand the need for a better life, but at what cost?

they took a chance-----so did the 'pilgrims' on the Mayflower
You take chances with your own life if you wish, but not that of your small children.
What were they so desperate for that they would risk the life of their toddler in some kind of boat obviously unsafe and without even a life jacket? They were already in western Turkey, far from ISIS's reach.

I don't know where you get your information from, but these people were trying to escape from Syria . . .

Greek authorities, coping with what has become the biggest migration crisis in living memory, said the boy was among a group of refugees escaping Islamic State in Syria.
OK, so you're not a whiz at geography, but they had already escaped Syria and were in one of the stablest countries of the region.

12 people died after two boats carrying a total of 23 people, capsized after setting off separately from the Akyarlar area of the Bodrum peninsula.

23 people in two boats------what kind of boats? row boats?----
it is some kind of nightmare
These boats are usually cheap inflatables which are to be punctured close to shore so the Greek coast guard cannot send them back.

Desperation? Like any other refugees?

you are a Monday morning quarterback at a funeral----

the "funeral" was caused by the parents.

Would you put your son in a rickety boat with no life jacket and try to sneak into another country illegally?

Do you think these people can just go to Walmart and pick up some life jackets or something??? :ack-1: Obviously, you don't understand their plight. It's not like these are the only ones. It is reported that at least 2500 people have died trying to escape.

tens of millions of people have "died trying to escape" government oppression or terrorism in human history.That's how the real world works...Life is rough. Not everyone will make it.

Let the u.n know you're interested in taking in some syrian or Rwandan refugees and you'll pay for their housing, education and food for life...maybe you could move in 6 or 8 of them.

Where did I say anything like that??? What is WRONG with you people? :cuckoo: Nucking futs angry is what you are! Take a pill or something.

Iran has a huge airforce------I propose a UN action------get those planes and rescue the Syrians and the people in Iraq and in Yemen under siege------and grab part of Iran and set up a refuge area------administered by the red cross

Would you put your son in a rickety boat with no life jacket and try to sneak into another country illegally?

Do you think these people can just go to Walmart and pick up some life jackets or something??? :ack-1: Obviously, you don't understand their plight. It's not like these are the only ones. It is reported that at least 2500 people have died trying to escape.

tens of millions of people have "died trying to escape" government oppression or terrorism in human history.That's how the real world works...Life is rough. Not everyone will make it.

Let the u.n know you're interested in taking in some syrian or Rwandan refugees and you'll pay for their housing, education and food for life...maybe you could move in 6 or 8 of them.

Where did I say anything like that??? What is WRONG with you people? :cuckoo: Nucking futs angry is what you are! Take a pill or something.

I'm not "angry"...people die all the time trying to "escape" or illegally sneak into other countries...tough. That's how the real world works.

so we can assume that the "story" you "allegedly" "read" about thoreau is also false?

no reason-----he had a sister nearby and she brought him food-----he just did not mention it in his book ------for DRAMATIC APPEAL. He was trying to teach people survival -----sorta

I'm not "angry"...people die all the time trying to "escape" or illegally sneak into other countries...tough. That's how the real world works.

Whatever. Most of you need some intensive therapy, IMO.

Your stupid post has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've posted at all.

ok..yes it's "graphic"..AND "heartbreaking"...life is tough...not everyone will make it...trying to sneak into foreign countries illegally may not be a good idea...

a better idea------allied forces land in the Kurdish mountain ranges ---from Iran all the way to Turkey------and render that
area ------REFUGE for all people-----muslims and Christians under siege by the current ongoing conflict------some people would have to be airlifted

I think you really need to take a look at a map of the eastern Mediterranean before mindlessly driveling.

a better idea------allied forces land in the Kurdish mountain ranges ---from Iran all the way to Turkey------and render that
area ------REFUGE for all people-----muslims and Christians under siege by the current ongoing conflict------some people would have to be airlifted

let israel lead the charge, then...What are you waiting for?

Iran has a huge airforce------I propose a UN action------get those planes and rescue the Syrians and the people in Iraq and in Yemen under siege------and grab part of Iran and set up a refuge area------administered by the red cross

Claudette-----I am just brainstorming-----there has to be a way------swams of people ---desperate

The truth is Turkey is pretty much calling the shots. They see ISIS as largely a Arab, Christian and Kurd problem, none of whom care for much.

Israel does not have the resources for that kind of operation---AND does not have enough popular support. Were Israel to do it------Berkeley jerks would be screaming ----BOMB them

Claudette-----I am just brainstorming-----there has to be a way------swams of people ---desperate

arm them

sure----like we armed the TALIBAN in the 1980s

I think you really need to take a look at a map of the eastern Mediterranean before mindlessly driveling.

Hey dummy! What does it say here? And there is a map included if you would only click on the link and educate yourself, but continue to make a fool of yourself. Makes no difference to me. :)

A second image portrays a grim-faced policeman carrying the tiny body away. Within hours it had gone viral becoming the top trending picture on Twitter under the hashtag #KiyiyaVuranInsanlik (humanity washed ashore).

Turkish media identified the boy as three-year-old Aylan Kurdi and reported that his five-year-old brother had also met a similar death. Both had reportedly hailed from the northern Syrian town of Kobani, the site of fierce fighting between Islamic state insurgents and Kurdish forces earlier this year.

The truth is Turkey is pretty much calling the shots. They see ISIS as largely a Arab, Christian and Kurd problem, none of whom care for much.

Turkey is almost as dangerous as is IRAN----and more dangerous than is ISIS

Forum List

Back