Great Question.Proposed Reparations In California.If It Goes Thru.Anyone Wanna Guess What Famous Restaurants Will Shut Down? Vital Jobs Vanish?

I think this would cause severe societal stress for those who do not get such favorable treatment.
But not everyone would be against the move...

Some industries that would enjoy windfall profits......
--- 22" and larger wheel manufacturers
--- Nike
--- Rolls Royce and Mercedes Benz

oh, and also. you tell every black person in san fran/or all of california. we won the case, you get 85/90K of free money every year for the rest of your life, but there is one minor consequence. no more KFC, no more chicken McNuggets. no more dominos pizza. no more McDonalds/Burger King. In general, many restaurants will shut down and you will have to cook all of your meals.

No more POPEYE'S!!!!!!!!!!

How did Germany do the reparations?

Maybe they need to find a way to do it without going bankrupt. How about cutting some programs for the liberals and using those funds to give a monthly stipend to those who are African American born for maybe 200 years?

We can cut a program studying whales that costs 2 billion and use that or cut some other program. I believe we need to honor our African Americans and acknowledge the pain and the wrongdoing in order to move forward. This way we can become stronger than ever and united.

We owe it and it's the right thing to do on a spiritual level.

If we can use taxpayer money to fund a prisoner's sex change, can't we cut the funding and give it to someone who deserves it?

That would be great in theory. But these people only know how to give away money that they didnt work for. At the same time we have now and will be having for year after year millions more immigrants... illegal and assylum seekers who will not have enough jobs... and will be going onto public assistence.
Meaning that for those of us who have to work, and dont get a check from the government will see our property tax go up... insurance costs and everything else go up. We can work harder and longer but all of our life quality will go down.
Of course, those in government positions are not affected adversely whatsoever. Its just the middle class that takes the hit and feels the pain.

Maybe they need to find a way to do it without going bankrupt. How about cutting some programs for the liberals and using those funds to give a monthly stipend to those who are African American born for maybe 200 years?

We can cut a program studying whales that costs 2 billion and use that or cut some other program. I believe we need to honor our African Americans and acknowledge the pain and the wrongdoing in order to move forward. This way we can become stronger than ever and united.

If we can use taxpayer money to fund a prisoner's sex change, can't we cut the funding and give it to someone who deserves it?
There are no slaves still alive today. Slavery was horrible, but if it wasn't for their ancestors, they wouldn't live in the greatest country in the world. That in itself is enough. Why should I pay for mistakes made almost 200 years ago?

But seriously, this ain't gonna happen and here's why........

Politicians and lawmakers don't give a shit about your personal problems.
Those who actually run things only want THEIR pockets lined and handing out this kind of money might threaten their deep pockets.

So nope. Dream on. Nice Unicorn fairy tale. But I can assure you...you aint gettin shit Bro.
(Well, they might put an extra $100 on your EBT card ONE TIME....and that's your "reparations" paid in full.

This is nothing more than a Democrat political stunt, just like student debt forgiveness. And the fish keep taking the bait.

I now identify as...

Rambunctious Tupac shakur....

images

There are no slaves still alive today. Slavery was horrible, but if it wasn't for their ancestors, they wouldn't live in the greatest country in the world. That in itself is enough. Why should I pay for mistakes made almost 200 years ago?
California wasn't a slave state.

oh, and also. you tell every black person in san fran/or all of california. we won the case, you get 85/90K of free money every year for the rest of your life, but there is one minor consequence. no more KFC, no more chicken McNuggets. no more dominos pizza. no more McDonalds/Burger King. In general, many restaurants will shut down and you will have to cook all of your meals.

Black women are the BEST cooks!

As long as you don't mind looking like you're shoplifting a half dozen throw pillows!

"Assuming" as we all know whats being proposed in San Fran. OK, so all blacks get an annual check for 90K. So then what happens when we all go to our favorite fast food place? And what about restaurants in general? Imagine if this went State Wide? Blacks work many vital/important jobs that keep many small businesses running. We have to assume that most blacks will quit their jobs knowing they will get a huge 5 digit check every year. Yah, anyone wanna guess what restaurants will shut down soon? And if this goes thru, their goes the economy in California!
The most amazing thing to me is that there are several minorities in the area, most notably Asians, and Asians have been stomped on over the decades they have lived there. I wonder what they think about the whole reparations things aimed solely at blacks?

I think this would cause severe societal stress for those who do not get such favorable treatment.
But not everyone would be against the move...

Some industries that would enjoy windfall profits......
--- 22" and larger wheel manufacturers
--- Nike
--- Rolls Royce and Mercedes Benz
true.. there are some who would benefit.... they would do a lot of spending. But yes..all of that is TAX money and has to come from someone. We will see inflation go through the roof even more... those of us who are stuck working for a living will suffer, and honestly....I think there will be another exodus OUT of California by working people.
Unintended consequencces will be a bitch.

You are at least hinting at solutions, but all your solutions are coming off of the back of the working class.

How about a bit more sincerity by suggesting the fix needs to come off of the backs of the very wealthy or the military?

Forum List

Back