"Greatest Generation" rethink?

Why was I told this sooner? :mad:

The Greatest Generation refers to the generation who grew up during the Great Depression and went on to fight and win The Second World War.

They aren't the generation who fought in the First World War.

So, if the Germans of The Second World War had bad things to say about their American occupiers well ...

I'm having a hard time working up any sympathy for The Nazis

Auschwitz-children-Yad-Vashem.jpg

After finding what they did in the Nazi Death Camps, and the German's total lack of remorse for their horrible crimes, it is the greatest testament to the mercy and compassion of The Greatest Generation that they didn't slaughter every man, woman, and child in the defeated Germany.

That punishment would have been completely and utterly deserved.

By 1918, most of the British, French and German forces were burnt out and were tired of four years of senseless stalemate and life in the trenches

The US brought in fresh troops that turned the tide of the war

By 1918, most of the British, French and German forces were burnt out and were tired of four years of senseless stalemate and life in the trenches

The US brought in fresh troops that turned the tide of the war

You're not very bright, and you hate America - which is why you failed to grasp the central theme of the article.

What distinguished the Americans was that the officers and the enlisted were of the same caste that officers were not "above" the enlisted, merely in charge of them.

The Greatest Generation refers to the generation who grew up during the Great Depression and went on to fight and win The Second World War.

So, if the Germans of The Second World War had bad things to say about their American occupiers well ...

I'm having a hard time working up any sympathy for The Nazis

View attachment 673577

After finding what they did in the Nazi Death Camps, and the German's total lack of remorse for their horrible crimes, it is the greatest testament to the mercy and compassion of The Greatest Generation that they didn't slaughter every man, woman, and child in the defeated Germany.

That punishment would have been completely and utterly deserved.
That's pretty harsh. :omg:

Agree

The OP doesn’t know what he is talking about

One thing that distinguished the American soldier in those wars is that they would often exercise the initiative on the battlefield in the absence of official/officer leadership if they knew what the objective was.

The OP has no clue as to who the Greatest Generation is……you obviously share his opinion
It's my OP.
If I were referring to the 'doughboys' as the "greatest generation" what in the link would lead one to believe it should be reconsidered?

Forum List

Back