Green New Deal

The energy savings would be great for those on the left. In the winter time, factories shutdown. They don't turn off the heat, but keep it low.

And on Friday you'd be heating your home or cooling it.

It's a fucking wash. Stop being stupid
All the people in the country driving a half hour each way or an hour each way. I think if we all stayed home on Friday's the savings would be huge.

Same way they are thinking about saving money with the post office and only delivering 5 days a week. I think it's a great idea.

That's another thing. We don't need mail every single day. Every other day would be fine with me. My bills can wait an extra day.
Eliminate junk mail.

That is a lot of trees processing CO2, less delivery trucks and less to deliver on the rout.

Shit, I am liking this green thing :D
The Post Office would close it's doors.
1 in every 5 pieces of mail is disposed of without opening. You can eliminate a lot of junk for $2
DMAchoice is a mail preference service offered by the DMA.

The energy savings would be great for those on the left. In the winter time, factories shutdown. They don't turn off the heat, but keep it low.

And on Friday you'd be heating your home or cooling it.

It's a fucking wash. Stop being stupid
All the people in the country driving a half hour each way or an hour each way. I think if we all stayed home on Friday's the savings would be huge.

Same way they are thinking about saving money with the post office and only delivering 5 days a week. I think it's a great idea.

That's another thing. We don't need mail every single day. Every other day would be fine with me. My bills can wait an extra day.
Eliminate junk mail.

That is a lot of trees processing CO2, less delivery trucks and less to deliver on the rout.

Shit, I am liking this green thing :D
The Post Office would close it's doors.
1 in every 5 pieces of mail is disposed of without opening. You can eliminate a lot of junk for $2
DMAchoice is a mail preference service offered by the DMA.

Yeah I tried something like that years ago. It never stopped coming.

Preliminary cost estimates are in, $7 Trillion. As with all government programs that estimate, no doubt, will double or triple.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is calling for a Green New Deal as the 'moonshot' of our generation. Here's everything we know about it so far.

It's worth it.

Instead of extreme weather disasters, famines and wars over natural resources, the Green New Deal envisions a future in which our nation overcomes its addiction to oil, gas and coal. The federal government would need so many workers to deploy renewable energy, retrofit buildings to be more energy efficient and construct more durable infrastructure that it could guarantee a job to every American who wants one. Those jobs would pay well and offer union protections. And because climate change touches on every facet of life, the transition away from fossil fuels would happen alongside a rapid expansion of safeguards for Americans already suffering the ill effects of dirty energy, from poisoned waterways to the coal industry’s monopolistic domination of entire regional economies.

And then we'd all be paying three times more for fuel than what we are paying today. No thank you.

EVs & hybrids cheaper to run.

Seriously? Are you that stupid? Do you have any idea what it costs to replace batteries in an EV?
What does it cost to replace an engine?

Preliminary cost estimates are in, $7 Trillion. As with all government programs that estimate, no doubt, will double or triple.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is calling for a Green New Deal as the 'moonshot' of our generation. Here's everything we know about it so far.

The far-left has their wall.

There's an unintentional genius to this...

An entire generation of millennials wants a planet to live on after us baby-booms die.

This can potentially ignite the progressive base while not scaring off moderates.

You see, moderates know not to take it seriously, it's an ideal, a symbol, like the wall.

It's like I stated earlier. We don't care if people want to go green. I'm all for it. What we do care about is them forcing everybody to go green at a great expense to us.

Buy a windmill, get solar panels on your home, ride a bike or take public transportation, get an electric car, Freeze in the winter and sweat like a pig in summer. We don't care. Just don't force us to do the same.

When they take these polls, they ask people "Would you like to have cleaner air and cleaner water?" Well duh, WTF do you think they're going to say? Now ask them if they'd like cleaner air and cleaner water at an expense to them of a thousand dollars a year? You'd get way different results in that poll.

So you want the benefits but not willing to put in the effort. Figures.

An entire generation of millennials wants a planet to live on after us baby-booms die.

This can potentially ignite the progressive base while not scaring off moderates.

You see, moderates know not to take it seriously, it's an ideal, a symbol, like the wall.

It's like I stated earlier. We don't care if people want to go green. I'm all for it. What we do care about is them forcing everybody to go green at a great expense to us.

Buy a windmill, get solar panels on your home, ride a bike or take public transportation, get an electric car, Freeze in the winter and sweat like a pig in summer. We don't care. Just don't force us to do the same.

When they take these polls, they ask people "Would you like to have cleaner air and cleaner water?" Well duh, WTF do you think they're going to say? Now ask them if they'd like cleaner air and cleaner water at an expense to them of a thousand dollars a year? You'd get way different results in that poll.

There are no benefits because I don't believe the same crap you people believe. Every time you leftists come up with an idea you like, it ends up costing everybody else money.

I don't say that we should force people to own firearms or penalize people for having a child out of wedlock. If I believe that people should be married before having children, then I'll get married before having my own children. If I believe I should have a firearm for protection of myself and family, I don't believe in forcing you to do the same.

If you want to spend money to be more green, I'll hold the door open for you. But don't expect me to be forced through that door as well. I like my gasoline. I like my car (although I need a new one) I like driving myself everywhere I go. I love my remote start so I can warm up my car in the winter and cool it off in the summer before I enter the vehicle.

It's worth it.

Instead of extreme weather disasters, famines and wars over natural resources, the Green New Deal envisions a future in which our nation overcomes its addiction to oil, gas and coal. The federal government would need so many workers to deploy renewable energy, retrofit buildings to be more energy efficient and construct more durable infrastructure that it could guarantee a job to every American who wants one. Those jobs would pay well and offer union protections. And because climate change touches on every facet of life, the transition away from fossil fuels would happen alongside a rapid expansion of safeguards for Americans already suffering the ill effects of dirty energy, from poisoned waterways to the coal industry’s monopolistic domination of entire regional economies.

And then we'd all be paying three times more for fuel than what we are paying today. No thank you.

Seriously? Are you that stupid? Do you have any idea what it costs to replace batteries in an EV?

Heck of a lot less.

It's worth it.

Here, maybe this will give you a clue.
How much is a replacement Chevy Bolt EV electric-car battery?

So what you're saying is you will do anything to make our country greener except work two extra hours a day.......figures.

What a twit. What do you think those workers are doing with that extra day off?

Yes moron. USing the same amount of energy they would otherwise...heating/cooling their homes...travelling..

Dumass

No you SF, they are doing what they do on any other weekend. Do you see any rush hour on weekends?
I used to work an hour away. That's 2 hours driving and eating up all that gas.

If I had Friday off or worked from home on Friday's that would have saved a lot of gas. Now multiply that by every driver who drives on Friday's and that's a lot of gas.

Gas prices would go down right?
That would depend on what you do on your day off.
Do you ever go to work on Presidents’ Day or mlk? The roads are empty.

That’s the answer to your question. Most people are going to stay home or stay local.

Do you think Americans drive more on tuesdays or saturdays? I bet we drive less on weekends when everyone is off work.

That’s the answer to your question. Most people are going to stay home or stay local.

They are still heating their homes and they still get out. They may be going to different places (traffic happens when masses of people go to the same place at the same time)

A four day week is basically a wash as far as energy goes. If that appeals to you, go for it.

There are many businesses that do that (primarily in the summer...ya know when it's nicer to get out and drive)

They are still heating their homes and they still get out. They may be going to different places (traffic happens when masses of people go to the same place at the same time)

A four day week is basically a wash as far as energy goes. If that appeals to you, go for it.

There are many businesses that do that (primarily in the summer...ya know when it's nicer to get out and drive)
In your defense I looked it up and Saturday is the busiest day on the roads.

I’m going to do more research. I still think we drive more miles on weekdays.

I used to drive 2 hours a day Monday through Friday. If I took fridays off that would be huge savings but now I’m 7 minutes from work so now when I’m off I drive MORE

I can’t seem to google do we drive more on weekends or weekdays. You can googl anything but apparently not this. Lol

which humans were burning fossil fuels 2 to 14 millions years ago? you just defeated your entire argument and don't even realize it. LOL.

Wait...you mean you actually think there can only be one cause of CO2 increase ever?

You're that fucking stupid?

you lefties blame humans for it. So, let me rephrase the question, What human activity caused climate change 2 to 14 million years ago?

OR, are you saying that you have no idea what causes CO2 changes, or that you don't know that CO2 is .039% of the atmosphere and has been at that same level since we have been able to measure it, and based on ice core and fossil data it was at that same level millions of years ago.

OR, are you saying that you don't know that CO2 is a trace gas that is necessary for all live and that it is not a pollutant?

OR, are you just fricken stupid?

When sea levels rise rapidly, as they have been doing, even a small increase can have devastating effects on coastal habitats. As seawater reaches farther inland, it can cause destructive erosion, wetland flooding, aquifer and agricultural soil contamination, and lost habitat for fish, birds, and plan.When large storms hit land, higher sea levels mean bigger, more powerful storm surges that can strip away everything in their path.

Sea Level Rise

"rising rapidly" In most places the rise is not even measurable. I have lived on the coast for over 40 years, the water level is where it was 40 years ago.

your prophet algore said that florida would be under water by now and that there would be no ice at the poles----------he lied and you bought it, what does that say about you?

It's worth it.

Here, maybe this will give you a clue.
How much is a replacement Chevy Bolt EV electric-car battery?
Did you read the part that none have had to be replaced?

When sea levels rise rapidly, as they have been doing, even a small increase can have devastating effects on coastal habitats. As seawater reaches farther inland, it can cause destructive erosion, wetland flooding, aquifer and agricultural soil contamination, and lost habitat for fish, birds, and plan.When large storms hit land, higher sea levels mean bigger, more powerful storm surges that can strip away everything in their path.

Sea Level Rise

"rising rapidly" In most places the rise is not even measurable. I have lived on the coast for over 40 years, the water level is where it was 40 years ago.

your prophet algore said that florida would be under water by now and that there would be no ice at the poles----------he lied and you bought it, what does that say about you?
"Between 1900 and 1990 studies show that sea level rose between 1.2 millimeters and 1.7 millimeters per year on average. By 2000, that rate had increased to about 3.2 millimeters per year and the rate in 2016 is estimated at 3.4 millimeters per year. Sea level is expected to rise even more quickly by the end of the century."

The Smithsonian. I think they knoew more than you.

Sea Level Rise

There are no benefits because I don't believe the same crap you people believe. Every time you leftists come up with an idea you like, it ends up costing everybody else money.

I don't say that we should force people to own firearms or penalize people for having a child out of wedlock. If I believe that people should be married before having children, then I'll get married before having my own children. If I believe I should have a firearm for protection of myself and family, I don't believe in forcing you to do the same.

If you want to spend money to be more green, I'll hold the door open for you. But don't expect me to be forced through that door as well. I like my gasoline. I like my car (although I need a new one) I like driving myself everywhere I go. I love my remote start so I can warm up my car in the winter and cool it off in the summer before I enter the vehicle.

"If you don;t want to piss in our water supply, that is up to you. Don't try to force me to quit it."

Forum List

Back