Griner needs to be brought back home

Nations have laws, she broke those laws. That's on her. There's no doubt in my mind she wasn't told not to try and bring drugs into Russia. She did anyway

There is zero evidence of any intent or knowledge.
She might have been ignorant of the law, or she might simply have already had bags packed from a different trip.
Polls show that most people in the US and the rest of the world, do not consider THC to be a "drug" at all.
But even if it is, that does not imply she was aware the tiny capsule was in her luggage.

Exactly.
The principles of legal justice are not arbitrary and violation of inherent principles by any country should be strongly resisted.

What Russia did to Griner was simply wrong.
1) as punishment it is stupid because if they did not like her having THC, they could have just expelled her. Keeping her there as a prisoner does not reduce drug use in Russia, but instead just costs them more room and board for her imprisonment.
2) it is not justice to punish one who harmed no one else and likely had no deliberate intent to violate even.
3) she did not harm the community and imprisoning her does harm the community because they now have to pay for her imprisonment for 10 years.
No one is arguing that the Russian legal system is just or fair. It's simply what it is, and you should be aware of that if you break their laws.

What would those "basic legal principles" be and who established them?

I already said what those "basic legal principles" are and always have been, based on the science of law, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, etc.
The source of all legal authority comes from the defense of inherent rights of all individuals.
Governments then gain their authority by borrowing the delegated right of defense of other individuals.
So laws that do not defend the rights of others, but instead infringe upon individual rights, are inherently invalid.
They have no source of legal authority to borrow from or be based upon.

No one is arguing that the Russian legal system is just or fair. It's simply what it is, and you should be aware of that if you break their laws.

Fine.
I would have not gone to Russia, or would have been more careful.
Likely she would have been given a pass due to her benefit to Russian sports.
She might haver even been counting on that?
But she likely was deliberately targeted due to the illegal US economic sanctions imposed.
And as such, the US then did have the ability to negotiate for her, if they had been willing.

I already said what those "basic legal principles" are and always have been, based on the science of law, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, etc.
The source of all legal authority comes from the defense of inherent rights of all individuals.
Governments then gain their authority by borrowing the delegated right of defense of other individuals.
So laws that do not defend the rights of others, but instead infringe upon individual rights, are inherently invalid.
They have no source of legal authority to borrow from or be based upon.
wow

There is zero evidence of any intent or knowledge.
She might have been ignorant of the law, or she might simply have already had bags packed from a different trip.
Polls show that most people in the US and the rest of the world, do not consider THC to be a "drug" at all.
But even if it is, that does not imply she was aware the tiny capsule was in her luggage.

Go away already. Goddamn you just like to blabber and I don't care.

Let the dyke do her time a nation gave her for breaking their law

She broke the law of a foreign nation, had her day in court and pleaded guilty, correct? Then was sentence under Russian law. Game over, the only reason this thread exist is that she is a left-wing celebrity. There are plenty of American citizens searing time in foreign prison for similar crimes. You surely done give a shit about them, do you?

If she didn't know it was illegal to bring hash oil into Russia, she is the over privileged American that plenty of citizens of other countries despise.

Biden could have can bought for freedom anytime he wanted prior to the midterms, now that the house is in republican control he better act quickly.

If I were Putin, I'd ask for $1.5 Billion on worldwide media, and publish every response from the Whitehouse.

Why doesn't her celebrity supporters contribute $10 million each to purchase here freedom?

You should start a GOFUNDME. to truly gage the American public's desire to buy her freedom.

Exactly.
The principles of legal justice are not arbitrary and violation of inherent principles by any country should be strongly resisted.

What Russia did to Griner was simply wrong.
1) as punishment it is stupid because if they did not like her having THC, they could have just expelled her. Keeping her there as a prisoner does not reduce drug use in Russia, but instead just costs them more room and board for her imprisonment.
2) it is not justice to punish one who harmed no one else and likely had no deliberate intent to violate even.
3) she did not harm the community and imprisoning her does harm the community because they now have to pay for her imprisonment for 10 years.
1. you dont get to decide for Russia what is or isnt wrong in their country. How arrogant can a person get? Seriously. Why do you think your opinion on what's right and wrong is more valid than anyone else's?
2. Again that's your opinion.
3. See 2 and 3.

I am serious. She has been punished enough. The woke cult needs to take the loss and profess they understand that the US is not so bad.

She is a misguided soul fooled from very bad domestic communists trying to take down the USA.

She does NOT deserve to be in a Russian labor camp.

Biden, get her home.

I know I am a hardcore TRUMPER, but this is sincere.
only if she is required to sing God Bless America before every basketball game that she plays in

Perhaps my secular conservative counterparts may disagree.

The motherfucker who drove a vehicle into 25 police recruits is free today.

I cant make the moral equivalency.

That POS should trade places with the American hating lesbian.

Your 1st mistake is that you are making a false cross-cultural comparison.

You are all welcome to disagree
Trust me, I do. Whether I agree with the drug laws in Russia, they are what they are. This individual had been to Russia multiple times previously. I have to believe she was aware of the law. Either intentionally or by her own neglect, she broke that law.

Russia and the United States have been in some level of socio-political conflict since 1945. For her to believe that somehow she would/should receive special treatment in a case like this is ludicrous; especially given the current conflict in Ukraine.

she did the crime. She needs to accept the time. Even if it is likely higher than normal due to political issues. She would have been better off STAYING HOME.

Griner is obviously a dope. No doubt.

But does anybody deserve to serve any time in a Russian prison camp over some small amount of personal use hash oil?

Griner is obviously a dope. No doubt.

But does anybody deserve to serve any time in a Russian prison camp over some small amount of personal use hash oil?

This is my point.

I have humanity.

If this was a Trumper in a Russian Gulag, the cult would rejoice.

I will not rejoice in Griner’s suffering. I did for a bit. I cannot anymore.

Its a Gulag. My family knows.
I wouldn’t care if it was a club fed. The fact is, personal use amount of hash oil was a fucking stupid thing to bring into any foreign land unless they permit it. And bringing it to Russia? Incredibly retarded.

But even so, any significant period of incarceration for that minor a “crime” is uncivilized. Russia is uncivilized.

I am serious. She has been punished enough. The woke cult needs to take the loss and profess they understand that the US is not so bad.
Has she professed how wrong she was about the USA and loves it with all her heart and wants back?

She does NOT deserve to be in a Russian labor camp.
She can be the cellblock bitch. I'm sure Joe will do as much for her that Obama did for Sergeant Tahmooressi!

Forum List

Back