Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

Do you really have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine as to not know that gay folks have been, and are in some ways still discriminated against? Or, are you just lying?
I don't believe they have. If you want an example of that you would have to go back to after the civil war when democrats refused to acknowledge that blacks were citizens after the 13th amendment and refused the right to marry. That was discrimination.

What you are describing isn't discrimination because the law was applied equally to all the exact same way.

Thank you for acknowledging that your head is so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine

The regulation of LGBT employment discrimination in the United States varies by jurisdiction. Many, but far from all, states and localities prohibit bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation, as well as harassment on the basis of one's sexual orientation. Fewer extend those protections to cover sexual identity.
LGBT employment discrimination in the United States - Wikiped…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_employment_discrimina…

And then you think that you can get away with interjecting a red herring fallacy about southern democrats and blacks during the Jim Crow era? Just another logical fallacy. Besides being a red herring its a false equivalence fallacy. I'm not taking the bait.
False equivalence? That's what you are doing.

Blacks were denied marriage period. People who prefer to have sex with the same gender were not denied the right to marriage.

Gays are still not allowed to marry in some places. I bet one of them is where you live.

The 13 states that still ban same-sex marriage -
Do you really have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine as to not know that gay folks have been, and are in some ways still discriminated against? Or, are you just lying?
I don't believe they have. If you want an example of that you would have to go back to after the civil war when democrats refused to acknowledge that blacks were citizens after the 13th amendment and refused the right to marry. That was discrimination.

What you are describing isn't discrimination because the law was applied equally to all the exact same way.

Thank you for acknowledging that your head is so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine

The regulation of LGBT employment discrimination in the United States varies by jurisdiction. Many, but far from all, states and localities prohibit bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation, as well as harassment on the basis of one's sexual orientation. Fewer extend those protections to cover sexual identity.
[URL='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_employment_discrimination_in_the_United_States']LGBT employment discrimination in the United States - Wikiped…

And then you think that you can get away with interjecting a red herring fallacy about southern democrats and blacks during the Jim Crow era? Just another logical fallacy. Besides being a red herring its a false equivalence fallacy. I'm not taking the bait.

Blacks were denied marriage period. People who prefer to have sex with the same gender were not denied the right to marriage.

Gays are still not allowed to marry in some places. I bet one of them is where you live.

The 13 states that still ban same-sex marriage - CNN

You can't be serious Sparky. Did you not check the date on the article? It's pre Obergefell! Gays can in fact marry in every state. Could you possibly be that in attentive to detail? Or, did you think that it would really be that easy to bullshit people ?

CNN[/URL]

You can't be serious Sparky. Did you not check the date on the article? It's pre Obergefell! Gays can in fact marry in every state. Could you possibly be that in attentive to detail? Or, did you think that it would really be that easy to bullshit people ?
Which would make you wrong, fartsack.

LGBT employment discrimination in the United States - Wikiped…

CNN

upload_2018-5-11_9-1-31.jpeg
Fartsack???:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:

You got caught in a lie. Own it and shut up

CNN

View attachment 193020Fartsack???:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:

Go stink up some other thread with your unsubstantiated fartsmoke.

CNN

Feel free to continue making a complete jackass of yourself:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

CNN

Feel free to continue making a complete jackass of yourself:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
Says the guy who can't back up what he says. :rolleyes:

Let's recap Sparky and let the audience decide who can't back up what they say.

YOU posted a false statement to the effect that there are 13 states where gay people can't marry, AND YOU included a link to an out dated article to try to prove it.

I, rather gently, point out your error with out using fowl language or insults

YOU retaliated with vitriol like an emotionally disturbed 12 year old with anger problems who went off his meds.

Now, YOU have the fucking temerity to say I can't back up what I say?

YOU posted a false statement to the effect that there are 13 states where gay people can't marry, AND YOU included a link to an out dated article to try to prove it.

YOU retaliated with vitriol like an emotionally disturbed 12 year old with anger problems who went off his meds.

Now you got it. Sheesh, that took a while. :biggrin:

What the fuck are you talking about? I got what? That you are an emotionally disturbed 12 year old with anger problems who went off his meds.?

I don't think that you got it though. Do you even know what the Obergefell decision was and when it was decided. Something tell me "no"

What the fuck are you talking about? I got what? That you are an emotionally disturbed 12 year old with anger problems who went off his meds.?

I don't think that you got it though. Do you even know what the Obergefell decision was and when it was decided. Something tell me "no"
Something tells me that you don’t know how to back up what you say. Please learn. Or I can show you how it’s done.

Something tells me that you don’t know how to back up what you say. Please learn. Or I can show you how it’s done.
Sure. Go ahead and show me sparky.

For the record , you posted the moronic statement that 13 states still do not allow same sex marriage. You linked to a news article to back it up EXCEPT that article pre-dated the SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage. Clearly it was shear stupidity or intentional deceit on your part.

Now, what the fuck are you going to show me?

For the record , you posted the moronic statement that 13 states still do not allow same sex marriage. You linked to a news article to back it up EXCEPT that article pre-dated the SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage. Clearly it was shear stupidity or intentional deceit on your part.

Look at my original post, I made a statement and backed it up with a link. If you want me to acknowledge what you said as credible, post a link that backs up what you say. That's how it's done. And lose the attitude, you sound childish.

Look at my original post, I made a statement and backed it up with a link. If you want me to acknowledge what you said as credible, post a link that backs up what you say. That's how it's done. And lose the attitude, you sound childish.
Look moron, I showed you why that link was worthless. Are you really so fucking stupid as to think that there are still 13 states that do not allow same sex marriage? You don't even know what the Obergefell decision was, do you? Google it dumb fuck. I'm not doing your homework for you.

Look moron, I showed you why that link was worthless. Are you really so fucking stupid as to think that there are still 13 states that do not allow same sex marriage? You don't even know what the Obergefell decision was, do you? Google it dumb fuck. I'm not doing your homework for you.
Then you have nothing except fartsmoke. Now go away, you're stinking up the thread.

Then you have nothing except fartsmoke. Now go away, you're stinking up the thread.
I'll take that as an admission that you are to fucking stupid to know that the Obergefell decision struck down all state bans on same sex marriage. Having to prove that is about the same as having to prove that Washington was the first president. Only the lowest functioning people do not know those things.

"Most" Americans are too shallow and disinterested to have a cogent opinion on the subject. This goes in spades for most people who were born after 1980.

There are many reasons why the state legislatures might decide that they will sanction same-sex marriages in pretty much the same way that they sanction normal marriages. There are many reasons why this is stupid, but that's up to the legislature to decide, and I have no problem if they decide differently than I would.

As for the United States Supreme Court, marriage is a STATE issue entirely, and the only Federal concerns are that all the states and the Federal government recognize the legitimate actions of the other states. Specifically, that if a state recognizes a couple as married, the Feds and the other states must acknowledge this status when a legal issue arises within their jurisdiction.

But as for the "Right of Privacy" and the "Constitutional" right to marry someone of the same gender, these are patent nonsense. There is no right of privacy in the Constitution, and although there are privacy interests that are protected by the Fourth Amendment, a "right" that would encompass various forms of homosexual sodomy is pure fiction.

If such a "right of privacy" existed, then it is absolutely certain that plural marriages would also be protected, as would incestuous marriages (adults only), and probably inter-species marriages...you know how much single women LOVE their dogs.

We have had "gay marriage" for several years now, and while it is a part of our society going to shit, it's probably been no more harmful than everything Kardashian.

There are many reasons why the state legislatures might decide that they will sanction same-sex marriages in pretty much the same way that they sanction normal marriages. There are many reasons why this is stupid, but that's up to the legislature to decide, and I have no problem if they decide differently than I would.
Normal marriages? Dude, we are way beyond that. Few people are even thinking in terms of gay vs. straight marriage anymore. It is just marriage.

As for the United States Supreme Court, marriage is a STATE issue entirely, and the only Federal concerns are that all the states and the Federal government recognize the legitimate actions of the other states. Specifically, that if a state recognizes a couple as married, the Feds and the other states must acknowledge this status when a legal issue arises within their jurisdiction.
Wrong! It is not a state issue entirely. It is a state issues until state law violates the constitution. Apparently you have not read the Obergefell decision. .In addition, you might want to look at this: 14 Supreme Court Cases: Marriage is a Fundamental Right | American Foundation for Equal Rights

But as for the "Right of Privacy" and the "Constitutional" right to marry someone of the same gender, these are patent nonsense. There is no right of privacy in the Constitution, and although there are privacy interests that are protected by the Fourth Amendment, a "right" that would encompass various forms of homosexual sodomy is pure fiction.
There most certainly is a right to privacy in the constitution:
The right to Privacy Amendment
The Fifth Amendment protects against self-incrimination, which in turn protects the privacy of personal information. The Ninth Amendment says that the "enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people.".
Right to Privacy: Constitutional Rights & Privacy Laws
www.livescience.com/37398-right-to-privacy.html

And the right to marry someone of the same gender was decided on the equal protection and due process principle of the constitution

And we have yet another thread filled with rightwing ignorance, fear, stupidity, hate, and bigotry – demonstrating that the Constitution and its case law that prohibits the codification of this rightwing ignorance, fear, stupidity, hate, and bigotry is very much needed to protect the rights and liberties of gay Americans.
Perhaps you could help me out. How are Gay folk discriminating against heteros by just asking for equal provision ?

I am struggling with this one.
They’re not.

American conservatives are, for the most part, fearful of change, diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty – frightened by those who refuse to conform to what most on the right perceive to be ‘normal.’

By disadvantaging gay Americans through force of law, conservatives believe that will compel homosexuals to ‘conform,’ or otherwise drive them back to the margins of society where they belong.

You struggle with it because it’s bigoted idiocy – bigoted idiocy common to far too many on the American right.

f such a "right of privacy" existed, then it is absolutely certain that plural marriages would also be protected, as would incestuous marriages (adults only), and probably inter-species marriages...you know how much single women LOVE their dogs.

Maybe so, but someone with standing would have to bring a case before the courts. Same sex marriage came about because the states failed to show a compelling government interest -or even a rational basis -in banning them. Plural marriage opponents may or may not be able to justify laws against the practice. The issue would have to be argued on its own merits as there are different legal and social implications. It does not follow that because bans on same sex marriage did not pass constitutional must, that bans on plural marriage would not.

Forum List

Back