Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

What the fuck are you talking about? Statistical norms ? That is just another attempt to dehumanize gay people and justify relegating them to the margins of society. Sure they are the exception , but what seems to escape you is that they are real human being who are more like the rest of us then they are different and have the same rights to full participation in society as you and I do. You damned sure are bitching. What "predictable surprises" are you concerned about. Same sex marriage has been the reality in some states for well over a decade now. Care to share what " surprises " there have been?
Calm down, bro. No one is dehumanizing anyone. It is because of emotion like that that leads you to erroneous conclusions and see boogie men in the closet where there are none.
I am quite calm, and you have some strange ideas about is actually going on in society and are clearly out of touch with what people agree about.
If you were actually calm you wouldn't have unfairly accused me of dehumanizing anyone. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a bigot or dehumanizes people. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions.

What exactly am I out of touch with?

Surely you aren't suggesting that mob rule determines what is right and just, right?
What mob rule?. Mob rule is when the right wingers deny rights to minorities that are guaranteed under the constitution. I support the rule of law and equal protection under the law
You just suggested mob rule when you suggested I am out of touch with what people believe like that mattered or something. Like somehow if the majority of people believed something that is gospel. It isn't. We live in a Republic not a democracy.

Exactly! That is why those referendums banning same sex marriage were invalid. We are a Constitutional Republic. Glad you agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the problem then?
That they want their behaviors to be normalized by society. No one is persecuting them for their behaviors.
Wrong.

They wish only to express themselves as individuals as guaranteed by the Constitution, absent punitive measures by the state.

And many states and local jurisdictions would act to discriminate against gay Americans, prohibited from doing so only by 14th Amendment case law.
Discriminate how? By applying the same standard that they apply to everyone else?

You aren't looking at this correctly.
Do you really have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine as to not know that gay folks have been, and are in some ways still discriminated against? Or, are you just lying?
I don't believe they have. If you want an example of that you would have to go back to after the civil war when democrats refused to acknowledge that blacks were citizens after the 13th amendment and refused the right to marry. That was discrimination.

What you are describing isn't discrimination because the law was applied equally to all the exact same way.
You have no understanding of discrimination

Applying your hatred equally is still discrimination

Most are indifferent to same sex marriage now

It is not that big a deal
That's usually how normalization of deviance works. People forget why the standard existed in the first place and normalize their deviance from the standard. Of course that is usually followed by predictable surprises which then reminds people why the original standard existed in the first place. But some people have to learn things the hard way.

Except that sometimes there is no reason why those standards exist except fear ignorance and bigotry

You still have not explained what those “predicable surprises “ are.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.

This is why I have no use for organized religion - no consistency. If it was bad ren years shonit must be bad now. Otherwise your religion is a lie.

That's usually how normalization of deviance works. People forget why the standard existed in the first place and normalize their deviance from the standard. Of course that is usually followed by predictable surprises which then reminds people why the original standard existed in the first place. But some people have to learn things the hard way.
The problem your side had in the courts was you could not provide a rationale for why the standard existed in the first place

You could not demonstrate a harm to society while the other side could demonstrate harm

And we have yet another thread filled with rightwing ignorance, fear, stupidity, hate, and bigotry – demonstrating that the Constitution and its case law that prohibits the codification of this rightwing ignorance, fear, stupidity, hate, and bigotry is very much needed to protect the rights and liberties of gay Americans.

Except that sometimes there is no reason why those standards exist except fear ignorance and bigotry

And no ‘explanation’ will be forthcoming, given the fact it’s bigoted idiocy.

And we have yet another thread filled with rightwing ignorance, fear, stupidity, hate, and bigotry – demonstrating that the Constitution and its case law that prohibits the codification of this rightwing ignorance, fear, stupidity, hate, and bigotry is very much needed to protect the rights and liberties of gay Americans.
Perhaps you could help me out. How are Gay folk discriminating against heteros by just asking for equal provision ?

I am struggling with this one.

What is the problem then?
That they want their behaviors to be normalized by society. No one is persecuting them for their behaviors.
Wrong.

They wish only to express themselves as individuals as guaranteed by the Constitution, absent punitive measures by the state.

And many states and local jurisdictions would act to discriminate against gay Americans, prohibited from doing so only by 14th Amendment case law.
Discriminate how? By applying the same standard that they apply to everyone else?

Do you really have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine as to not know that gay folks have been, and are in some ways still discriminated against? Or, are you just lying?
I don't believe they have. If you want an example of that you would have to go back to after the civil war when democrats refused to acknowledge that blacks were citizens after the 13th amendment and refused the right to marry. That was discrimination.

What you are describing isn't discrimination because the law was applied equally to all the exact same way.

Thank you for acknowledging that your head is so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine

The regulation of LGBT employment discrimination in the United States varies by jurisdiction. Many, but far from all, states and localities prohibit bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation, as well as harassment on the basis of one's sexual orientation. Fewer extend those protections to cover sexual identity.
LGBT employment discrimination in the United States - Wikiped…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_employment_discrimina…

And then you think that you can get away with interjecting a red herring fallacy about southern democrats and blacks during the Jim Crow era? Just another logical fallacy. Besides being a red herring its a false equivalence fallacy. I'm not taking the bait.

Calm down, bro. No one is dehumanizing anyone. It is because of emotion like that that leads you to erroneous conclusions and see boogie men in the closet where there are none.
I am quite calm, and you have some strange ideas about is actually going on in society and are clearly out of touch with what people agree about.
If you were actually calm you wouldn't have unfairly accused me of dehumanizing anyone. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a bigot or dehumanizes people. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions.

What exactly am I out of touch with?

Surely you aren't suggesting that mob rule determines what is right and just, right?
What mob rule?. Mob rule is when the right wingers deny rights to minorities that are guaranteed under the constitution. I support the rule of law and equal protection under the law
You just suggested mob rule when you suggested I am out of touch with what people believe like that mattered or something. Like somehow if the majority of people believed something that is gospel. It isn't. We live in a Republic not a democracy.

Exactly! That is why those referendums banning same sex marriage were invalid. We are a Constitutional Republic. Glad you agreed

I wouldn't get too excited about that. We used to have laws that allowed people to own other people.

Wrong.

I don't hate anyone. Stop being so emotional about this.

Standards always exist for a reason.

The problem your side had in the courts was you could not provide a rationale for why the standard existed in the first place

You could not demonstrate a harm to society while the other side could demonstrate harm
My side?

The standard exists because nature established it.

The harm to society is lowering their standard and the predictable surprises that will follow.

Wrong.

Thank you for acknowledging that your head is so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine

The regulation of LGBT employment discrimination in the United States varies by jurisdiction. Many, but far from all, states and localities prohibit bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation, as well as harassment on the basis of one's sexual orientation. Fewer extend those protections to cover sexual identity.

And then you think that you can get away with interjecting a red herring fallacy about southern democrats and blacks during the Jim Crow era? Just another logical fallacy. Besides being a red herring its a false equivalence fallacy. I'm not taking the bait.
False equivalence? That's what you are doing.

Blacks were denied marriage period. People who prefer to have sex with the same gender were not denied the right to marriage.

Wrong.

Blacks were denied marriage period. People who prefer to have sex with the same gender were not denied the right to marriage.

Gays are still not allowed to marry in some places. I bet one of them is where you live.

The 13 states that still ban same-sex marriage - CNN

Gays are still not allowed to marry in some places. I bet one of them is where you live.

You can't be serious Sparky. Did you not check the date on the article? It's pre Obergefell! Gays can in fact marry in every state. Could you possibly be that in attentive to detail? Or, did you think that it would really be that easy to bullshit people ?

Wrong.

I don't hate anyone. Stop being so emotional about this.
OK.......if it is not hate, how do you describe your emotion towards gays that makes you want to block them from forming loving, committed relationships

Might still be on the books, but the marriages are binding

Wrong.

Same ridiculous logic used in Loving v Virginia

They can marry their own kind so it is not discrimination

Wrong.

Jesus fucking Christ! Can you really be that god damned obtuse!! They were denied the right to marry the person of their choice who they are sexually and romantically attracted to!

Forum List

Back