Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

The language you use,the viewpoint , are all part of a dwindling mindset.

Even as I speak, things are not so rosy and approving for gays everywhere as Tommy would have others (and himself) think:

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say is biased against gay couples

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

Oops! Sorry Tommy. No matter how you paint it, homosexuality is still a deviant sexual perversion.
Obsessing about how other people have sex and who they love is a perversion
I don't believe that is the problem.
What is the problem then?
That they want their behaviors to be normalized by society. No one is persecuting them for their behaviors.

Even as I speak, things are not so rosy and approving for gays everywhere as Tommy would have others (and himself) think:

Oops! Sorry Tommy. No matter how you paint it, homosexuality is still a deviant sexual perversion.
That they want their behaviors to be normalized by society. No one is persecuting them for their behaviors.

To damned bad. It all ready is normalized as far as most people are concerned. Its only a few reactionaries like you who are still bitching about it. The rest have moved on . Get over it

And what is this horseshit about "behavior? Is heterosexuality just a behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

To damned bad. It all ready is as far as most people are concerned. Its only a few reactionaries like you who are still bitching about it. The rest have moved on . Get over it

I'm not the one bitching about it. I am the one telling you what people disagree with. It isn't what they do in their private lives. It is their attempt to normalize the deviance from the standard. It is illogical to define the rule for the exception. Normalization leads to predictable surprises and since we live in a shared society with shared outcomes we all have a say in the matter.

To damned bad. It all ready is as far as most people are concerned. Its only a few reactionaries like you who are still bitching about it. The rest have moved on . Get over it

I'm not the one bitching about it. I am the one telling you what people disagree with. It isn't what they do in their private lives. It is their attempt to normalize the deviance from the standard. It is illogical to define the rule for the exception. Normalization leads to predictable surprises and since we live in a shared society with shared outcomes we all have a say in the matter.
What the fuck are you talking about? Statistical norms ? That is just another attempt to dehumanize gay people and justify relegating them to the margins of society. Sure they are the exception , but what seems to escape you is that they are real human being who are more like the rest of us then they are different and have the same rights to full participation in society as you and I do. You damned sure are bitching. What "predictable surprises" are you concerned about. Same sex marriage has been the reality in some states for well over a decade now. Care to share what " surprises " there have been?

Wrong.

They wish only to express themselves as individuals as guaranteed by the Constitution, absent punitive measures by the state.

And many states and local jurisdictions would act to discriminate against gay Americans, prohibited from doing so only by 14th Amendment case law.

This is as ignorant as it is bigoted and a lie.

No one seeks to ‘normalize’ anything.

You and other bigots remain at liberty to hate gay Americans; 14th Amendment case law applies only to government, not private persons and organizations.

And fortunately that case law prevents you from codifying your bigotry and hate, such as denying gay Americans access to marriage contract law.

What the fuck are you talking about? Statistical norms ? That is just another attempt to dehumanize gay people and justify relegating them to the margins of society. Sure they are the exception , but what seems to escape you is that they are real human being who are more like the rest of us then they are different and have the same rights to full participation in society as you and I do. You damned sure are bitching. What "predictable surprises" are you concerned about. Same sex marriage has been the reality in some states for well over a decade now. Care to share what " surprises " there have been?
Calm down, bro. No one is dehumanizing anyone. It is because of emotion like that that leads you to erroneous conclusions and see boogie men in the closet where there are none.

This is as ignorant as it is bigoted and a lie.

No one seeks to ‘normalize’ anything.

You and other bigots remain at liberty to hate gay Americans; 14th Amendment case law applies only to government, not private persons and organizations.

And fortunately that case law prevents you from codifying your bigotry and hate, such as denying gay Americans access to marriage contract law.
Of course you are. You are trying to define the rule for the exception.

You want to make this about bigotry when it's not. I don't care what you do in the privacy of your home.

I'd say that the fact that you guys are unable to have a rational unemotional discussion on the subject means you can't be objective about this.

Wrong.

They wish only to express themselves as individuals as guaranteed by the Constitution, absent punitive measures by the state.

And many states and local jurisdictions would act to discriminate against gay Americans, prohibited from doing so only by 14th Amendment case law.
Discriminate how? By applying the same standard that they apply to everyone else?

You aren't looking at this correctly.

Calm down, bro. No one is dehumanizing anyone. It is because of emotion like that that leads you to erroneous conclusions and see boogie men in the closet where there are none.
I am quite calm, and you have some strange ideas about is actually going on in society and are clearly out of touch with what people agree about.

Wrong.

Discriminate how? By applying the same standard that they apply to everyone else?

Do you really have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine as to not know that gay folks have been, and are in some ways still discriminated against? Or, are you just lying?

I am quite calm, and you have some strange ideas about is actually going on in society and are clearly out of touch with what people agree about.
If you were actually calm you wouldn't have unfairly accused me of dehumanizing anyone. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a bigot or dehumanizes people. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions.

What exactly am I out of touch with?

Surely you aren't suggesting that mob rule determines what is right and just, right?

Most are indifferent to same sex marriage now

It is not that big a deal

If you were actually calm you wouldn't have unfairly accused me of dehumanizing anyone. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a bigot or dehumanizes people. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions.

Surely you aren't suggesting that mob rule determines what is right and just, right?
What mob rule?. Mob rule is when the right wingers deny rights to minorities that are guaranteed under the constitution. I support the rule of law and equal protection under the law

Wrong.

Do you really have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine as to not know that gay folks have been, and are in some ways still discriminated against? Or, are you just lying?
I don't believe they have. If you want an example of that you would have to go back to after the civil war when democrats refused to acknowledge that blacks were citizens after the 13th amendment and refused the right to marry. That was discrimination.

What you are describing isn't discrimination because the law was applied equally to all the exact same way.

What mob rule?. Mob rule is when the right wingers deny rights to minorities that are guaranteed under the constitution. I support the rule of law and equal protection under the law
You just suggested mob rule when you suggested I am out of touch with what people believe like that mattered or something. Like somehow if the majority of people believed something that is gospel. It isn't. We live in a Republic not a democracy.

Most are indifferent to same sex marriage now

It is not that big a deal
That's usually how normalization of deviance works. People forget why the standard existed in the first place and normalize their deviance from the standard. Of course that is usually followed by predictable surprises which then reminds people why the original standard existed in the first place. But some people have to learn things the hard way.

Forum List

Back