Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

I'm not impressed in the least bit.

I knew the facts wouldn't matter to you. What does the Bible have to say from 2000 years ago?

Genesis 1:27-28: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.' "

Malachi 2:14-15: “But you say, 'Why does he not?' Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant."

Ephesians 5:25: “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her."

Genesis 2:24: “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

Ephesians 5:25-33: “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, ..."

I don't see anything in there about two guys porking each other in the ass. In fact, isn't that the sort of thing that caused Moses to break the tablets and condemn the Israelites to wander the desert for 40 years for? See how much trouble being gay can get you in? Muslims marry 12 year old girls, but at least they are girls. Here in the West, we marry WOMEN. Been that way for 242 years. If you want to marry some guy, maybe the Netherlands can accommodate you?
th
did-someone-say-ithunderfury-blessed-blade-of-the-windseekerl-oh-2035842.png
Really not Impressed

Emerging Consensus on LGBT Issues: Findings From the 2017 American Values Atlas | PRRI

Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that same sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, support for same-sex marriage has increased substantially. Currently, more than six in ten (61%) Americans say gay and lesbian couples should be able to marry legally, while only about half as many (30%) are opposed.

Strength of support for same-sex marriage has increased dramatically over the past decade, while strength of opposition has fallen in nearly equal measure. Today, Americans who strongly favor same-sex marriage outnumber those who strongly oppose it by more than a two-to-one margin (30% vs. 14%). In 2007, only 13% of the public strongly favored same-sex marriage, while nearly one-quarter (24%) strongly opposed it.1 Much of this shift has occurred within the last five years. As recently as 2013, more than four in ten (42%) Americans opposed same-sex marriage, including about one in four (23%) who strongly opposed it.2 Over the last five years, strong supporters of same-sex marriage increased only modestly, from 25% to 30%.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.
Here is something interesting that I just came across. Your right about the 61% support among Americans. This also shows that Massachusetts , the first state that legalized same sex marriage well over a decade ago has 80% support. I guess things did not go all to shit there as some predicted. These idiots just have to get the fuck over it.

PRRI – American Values Atlas

Emerging Consensus on LGBT Issues: Findings From the 2017 American Values Atlas | PRRI

Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that same sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, support for same-sex marriage has increased substantially. Currently, more than six in ten (61%) Americans say gay and lesbian couples should be able to marry legally, while only about half as many (30%) are opposed.

Strength of support for same-sex marriage has increased dramatically over the past decade, while strength of opposition has fallen in nearly equal measure. Today, Americans who strongly favor same-sex marriage outnumber those who strongly oppose it by more than a two-to-one margin (30% vs. 14%). In 2007, only 13% of the public strongly favored same-sex marriage, while nearly one-quarter (24%) strongly opposed it.1 Much of this shift has occurred within the last five years. As recently as 2013, more than four in ten (42%) Americans opposed same-sex marriage, including about one in four (23%) who strongly opposed it.2 Over the last five years, strong supporters of same-sex marriage increased only modestly, from 25% to 30%.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.

Majority of Muslims?

You fucking liar.

Majority of Muslims?

You fucking liar.
Oh my-my. Don't have a cow. Tommy upset you. I'm sure he didn't mean to and that he is profoundly sorry. Chill out and get a life.

More ridiculous equine excrement.

Hey, I finally get it now. Your name's initials are PP, that's code word for PeePee, isn't it? But you are right about one thing, PP, acceptance occurs at home and the world and my parents raised me to believe in wholesome Christian family values and a moral upbringing, and up till a few years ago, even network TV shows treated gays as being undesirable sexual deviants. You see, if you truly are a homo, I guess you can't help it and no, no one should treat you like a leper, it isn't a crime, but its not normal either, there is no chemical basis for it so it must be some form of mental aberration; its not healthy, its not Christian, it encourages AIDS, and packing fudge is nothing I want to see children to be around, see on TV, see as being treated as just one more choice.

The great flaw to this "progressive" movement in socially "normalizing" homosexuality by law, subversion, and psych-ops, is that medicine will give up finding out why it happens and give up finding a treatment for it, so like everything else the Left does, like Welfare, Poverty, Drugs, we will simply get more of what you fund until the country is over run with illiterate, deviant people of some sub-normal counter-culture.

Congratulations on the New American Norm. Thanks to you, we now have 16 different sexual identities, cops get sanctioned for writing a ticket to some guy in a dress with hairy balls street racing his car and daring to call him a guy, and in the end, no nation can stay healthy and strong when the inmates begin running the prison.
This is the sort of rightwing fear, ignorance, stupidity, bigotry, and hate that warrants the Constitutional protections gay and transgender Americans are entitled to.

Majority of Muslims?

You fucking liar.
Oh my-my. Don't have a cow. Tommy upset you. I'm sure he didn't mean to and that he is profoundly sorry. Chill out and get a life.

Just pointing out that this is a flat out lie.

iu

Muslims showing support for gay marriage.

More ridiculous equine excrement.

Hey, I finally get it now. Your name's initials are PP, that's code word for PeePee, isn't it? But you are right about one thing, PP, acceptance occurs at home and the world and my parents raised me to believe in wholesome Christian family values and a moral upbringing, and up till a few years ago, even network TV shows treated gays as being undesirable sexual deviants. You see, if you truly are a homo, I guess you can't help it and no, no one should treat you like a leper, it isn't a crime, but its not normal either, there is no chemical basis for it so it must be some form of mental aberration; its not healthy, its not Christian, it encourages AIDS, and packing fudge is nothing I want to see children to be around, see on TV, see as being treated as just one more choice.

The great flaw to this "progressive" movement in socially "normalizing" homosexuality by law, subversion, and psych-ops, is that medicine will give up finding out why it happens and give up finding a treatment for it, so like everything else the Left does, like Welfare, Poverty, Drugs, we will simply get more of what you fund until the country is over run with illiterate, deviant people of some sub-normal counter-culture.

Congratulations on the New American Norm. Thanks to you, we now have 16 different sexual identities, cops get sanctioned for writing a ticket to some guy in a dress with hairy balls street racing his car and daring to call him a guy, and in the end, no nation can stay healthy and strong when the inmates begin running the prison.
This is the sort of rightwing fear, ignorance, stupidity, bigotry, and hate that warrants the Constitutional protections gay and transgender Americans are entitled to.

Which, by making gays and transgenders a special, protected class over the VAST MAJORITY of normal people now, creates the fear, anger, resentment, and hate you so much worry and complain about. You see, we've gone from one insane extreme of treating gays as though they were a blight upon society to be stamped out like vermin (Alan Turing, case in point, one of the great men of the 20th century and a personal icon of mine),
Alan Turing - Wikipedia
to the other bizarre extreme of making gays now a special, privileged class of people protected by the DOJ.

It was just too hard for the government to do one thing right for a change and simple stop at making them equal and undifferentiated from others.

220px-Alan_Turing_Aged_16.jpg

Majority of Muslims?

You fucking liar.

iu

Majority of US Muslims now support same-sex marriage

Just pointing out that you are a willfully ignorant moron

Majority of Muslims?

You fucking liar.

iu

Majority of US Muslims now support same-sex marriage

Just pointing out that you are a willfully ignorant moron

Yeah. I believe some leftist site that contradicts virtually ALL observed data...

I mean, it's not like you Stalinist lie incessantly... :eusa_whistle:

they can't get married because that takes two different sexes
Errrrrr...is it possible that you are so out of touch with reality, or so deeply in denial that you do not know that they can and do get married? And, they can and do get married both legally and religiously. You're saying that they can't get married does not make it true except in the deep recesses of your diseased mind.

Not in God's eyes.

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

People that allow their genitalia to rule their life are mostly going to have a bad time.

they can't get married because that takes two different sexes
Errrrrr...is it possible that you are so out of touch with reality, or so deeply in denial that you do not know that they can and do get married? And, they can and do get married both legally and religiously. You're saying that they can't get married does not make it true except in the deep recesses of your diseased mind.

Not in God's eyes.

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

People that allow their genitalia to rule their life are mostly going to have a bad time.

Have you been watching the Handmaids tail?

Under his eye

Blessed day

Blessed be the fruit

That is what you religious extremists will visit upon us given the chance.

to the other bizarre extreme of making gays now a special, privileged class of people protected by the DOJ.
How exactly are they privileged? How is equality a special status?

Equality?

No one is required to "bend the knee" to normal people.

Homosexuals are the favored aristocracy. One word not praising and fawning over our gay masters, and one is ruined - never to work or succeed again.

Like the fonze religions have a hard time admitting they were wrong.

Luckily the Bible has a saying for every situation so what’s a sin today may be good tomorrow.

Who cares if your priest is gay? As long as he’s not a pedo

Which, by making gays and transgenders a special, protected class over the VAST MAJORITY of normal people
What exactly is "normal" Hate, bigotry , discrimination and psychotic religiosity is not normal. YOU are not "normal"

Right, PeePee, the 96.6% of the US population that is straight isn't normal, and the tiny, insignificant, triggered, snowflake 3.4% of the population which is gay and full of hate, bigotry, violence, lewdness and deviant public displays of perversion seeking special attention, special privilege to ruin and destroy any cake baker, any photographer, any priest, any media outlet, any news anchor, any business that doesn't bend over and kiss your dirty AIDS filled ass and kowtow to your every desire, they are normal. :laughing0301:

That is what you religious extremists will visit upon us given the chance.

RELIGIOUS EXTREMIST: Blanket discriminatory hate term now thrown at any person by the Left who actually takes their religion as a serious part of their life with values which dominated this country from the time it was founded up until a few years ago, when gays, radicals and atheists took over the media and proclaimed religious values the new form of backward extremism, while being godless, immoral, and promoting "if it feels good, just DO IT in your buddy's ass" as the new American morality. o_O

TRANSLATE TO PLAIN ENGLISH: Keep pushing the gay agenda with increasing legal consequences until the mass populace has been herded by fear and threat into generally accepting, tolerating and going along with a hateful, activist gay strong-arm of our society that once they gain a majority power can't wait to unleash their wrath of hate and retribution against the Church and all that opposed them as an immoral way of life and crush them like a bug under their tyrannical wheels.

TRANSLATE TO PLAIN ENGLISH: Keep pushing the gay agenda with increasing legal consequences until the mass populace has been herded by fear and threat into generally accepting, tolerating and going along with a hateful, activist gay strong-arm of our society that once they gain a majority power can't wait to unleash their wrath of hate and retribution against the Church and all that opposed them as an immoral way of life and crush them like a bug under their tyrannical wheels.
The language you use,the viewpoint , are all part of a dwindling mindset as evinced by the poll in the OP. Your insistence on being the victim in all of this is risible and beyond laughable.
Meanwhile the rest of us are just getting on with our lives without the need to hate Gods children. .

Forum List

Back