Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

Is it really progress to force the values of Sodom and Gomorrah on the American people? Sounds a bit regressive to me.

YES

So you're one of "THOSE PEOPLE". :th_believecrap:

What I don't believe is that anyone is forcing values on you.

Dear God man, I can't believe you said that. Everywhere you look, that is all you have now is people forcing gaybo values, acceptance and tolerance on you. From the bakeries, to parades, to schools, television, government, weddings and even your own employer. You must have an amazing cognitive blind spot to even suggest so ludicrous a statement!
Why is it so important to you to deny these people the right to the life that you enjoy ?

Look Imbecile, I couldn't give a FLYING CRAP about gays, if they would just go about their lives like normal people and LEAVE ME TO MINE. But everywhere I turn, I have someone trying to jam "gay rights" and "gay values" down my throat BY FORCE, censure by employers if you don't KISS THEIR ASS, you can't look at a gay wrong in Canada, special laws protecting them as a special class, every damn TV show going out of their way to portray gay couples as if they are APPLE PIE, everyone triggered by PC if you so much as even hint that maybe being a sexual deviant is not just a choice like growing long sideburns.

HOW DARE YOU come in here with your typical ass-backwards horseshit attitude trying to turn it around as if I am actually denying anything to these people. I'm not the one marching in parades in front of little kids half naked like some sick freak with my tongue down another guy's throat! I haven't tried to put anyone out of business just because someone wouldn't decorate a fucking cake to suit my needs or a wedding photographer wouldn't shoot certain pictures.

Every time you jackasses try to strong arm otherwise harmless and well-meaning people with fascist tactics because they didn't bend over backwards to kiss your ass, the only victory you score is to further alienate others from accepting you and show the world that you are indeed a corrosive immoral influence on society.

More ridiculous equine excrement.

Hey, I finally get it now. Your name's initials are PP, that's code word for PeePee, isn't it? But you are right about one thing, PP, acceptance occurs at home and the world and my parents raised me to believe in wholesome Christian family values and a moral upbringing, and up till a few years ago, even network TV shows treated gays as being undesirable sexual deviants. You see, if you truly are a homo, I guess you can't help it and no, no one should treat you like a leper, it isn't a crime, but its not normal either, there is no chemical basis for it so it must be some form of mental aberration; its not healthy, its not Christian, it encourages AIDS, and packing fudge is nothing I want to see children to be around, see on TV, see as being treated as just one more choice.

The great flaw to this "progressive" movement in socially "normalizing" homosexuality by law, subversion, and psych-ops, is that medicine will give up finding out why it happens and give up finding a treatment for it, so like everything else the Left does, like Welfare, Poverty, Drugs, we will simply get more of what you fund until the country is over run with illiterate, deviant people of some sub-normal counter-culture.

Congratulations on the New American Norm. Thanks to you, we now have 16 different sexual identities, cops get sanctioned for writing a ticket to some guy in a dress with hairy balls street racing his car and daring to call him a guy, and in the end, no nation can stay healthy and strong when the inmates begin running the prison.

Emerging Consensus on LGBT Issues: Findings From the 2017 American Values Atlas | PRRI

Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that same sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, support for same-sex marriage has increased substantially. Currently, more than six in ten (61%) Americans say gay and lesbian couples should be able to marry legally, while only about half as many (30%) are opposed.

Strength of support for same-sex marriage has increased dramatically over the past decade, while strength of opposition has fallen in nearly equal measure. Today, Americans who strongly favor same-sex marriage outnumber those who strongly oppose it by more than a two-to-one margin (30% vs. 14%). In 2007, only 13% of the public strongly favored same-sex marriage, while nearly one-quarter (24%) strongly opposed it.1 Much of this shift has occurred within the last five years. As recently as 2013, more than four in ten (42%) Americans opposed same-sex marriage, including about one in four (23%) who strongly opposed it.2 Over the last five years, strong supporters of same-sex marriage increased only modestly, from 25% to 30%.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.

Good for you. Next on your agenda, children and animals.
Most on the right are truly this ignorant.

Most of the right know the song, dumbass, they just don't want to sing it. And, for some strange reason, that bothers you losers.

I, personally, don't give a tinker's damn who you sleep with, or who you marry. I don't even care who supports your pathetic lifestyle. Hopefully you won't breed, and hopefully, you will keep it out of my face.

BTW, disagreeing with a pretentious ass is not ignorance.

Tommy, you mean people free to live their lives without any sense of a higher moral authority. Interestingly, as more and more people abandon the conventions of social and religious standards to "make it up as they go along (a loose analogy to anarchy)", precisely tracked along with your "progress" of the last few decades we see paralleling it sharp increases in senseless crime, violence, hatred, and moral and social decay.

Thanks for the progress.

Well in these enlightened times women can vote and go to work, people of colour can sit at the front of the bus and now Gay folk do not have to live a lie.
Those are pretty major step forwards for our society.
That's really more of a just a constructed definition than anything inherently meaningful.

In ancient Egypt, for example, a woman such as Nefertiti had the capacity to - whereas in the 21st century, a woman in America has yet to be elected President in lieu of a "pussy grabber".

So how do you quantify progress objectively, when the facts don't seem to corroborate the Western-centric myth?
No, its real. Women couldnt vote and now they can. We have just celebrated a century of womens suffrage in the UK. That is a fact. Gay acts are no longer illegal and Gays are no longer jailed. That is a fact.

Its progress and the world is a better place.
And conservatives have an unwarranted fear of progress and seek to return to a time when gay individuals could be lawfully discriminated against.

The more progress people make the less appealing ignorance becomes. The more educated people are the less effective deception is . .

Only in a climate of ignorance do the unscrupulous prosper. Thats why they defund education, deride the truth, extol the virtues of blind faith, incite divisions, and then try to sell the people on the urgent need to build walls, militarize the police and build more prisons....

Very clever, but stupid. They better start praying that God does not exist.

Wouldn't it be great if progressives were actually educated and fully capable of thinking for themselves? Wouldn't it be even greater, if they came out of college with a useful skill so they could actually contribute to our society?

You all better hope that God does exist. You will need him in a couple of decades. And, learn Chinese, you will also need that to plead with your new rulers.

What would the day of wickedness and vengeance be without the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah?

2 Nephi 28:16-17
16 Wo unto them that turn aside the just for a thing of naught and revile against that which is good, and say that it is of no worth! For the day shall come that the Lord God will speedily visit the inhabitants of the earth; and in that day that they are fully ripe in iniquity they shall perish.
17 But behold, if the inhabitants of the earth shall repent of their wickedness and abominations they shall not be destroyed, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1:18-32
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Dear God man, I can't believe you said that. Everywhere you look, that is all you have now is people forcing gaybo values, acceptance and tolerance on you. From the bakeries, to parades, to schools, television, government, weddings and even your own employer. You must have an amazing cognitive blind spot to even suggest so ludicrous a statement!
Why is it so important to you to deny these people the right to the life that you enjoy ?

Look Imbecile, I couldn't give a FLYING CRAP about gays, if they would just go about their lives like normal people and LEAVE ME TO MINE. But everywhere I turn, I have someone trying to jam "gay rights" and "gay values" down my throat BY FORCE, censure by employers if you don't KISS THEIR ASS, you can't look at a gay wrong in Canada, special laws protecting them as a special class, every damn TV show going out of their way to portray gay couples as if they are APPLE PIE, everyone triggered by PC if you so much as even hint that maybe being a sexual deviant is not just a choice like growing long sideburns.

HOW DARE YOU come in here with your typical ass-backwards horseshit attitude trying to turn it around as if I am actually denying anything to these people. I'm not the one marching in parades in front of little kids half naked like some sick freak with my tongue down another guy's throat! I haven't tried to put anyone out of business just because someone wouldn't decorate a fucking cake to suit my needs or a wedding photographer wouldn't shoot certain pictures.

Every time you jackasses try to strong arm otherwise harmless and well-meaning people with fascist tactics because they didn't bend over backwards to kiss your ass, the only victory you score is to further alienate others from accepting you and show the world that you are indeed a corrosive immoral influence on society.

You seem to be very concerned judging by your rant. maybe you could draw up a list of things that Gays are allowed to do in your Utopia.

They cant party,they cant get married, they cant get service in a public business, they cant go on television...........................................what can they do ?

It seems that same-sex marriage is based on sexual orientation theory.

Is there such a thing as sexual orientation? IOW can a person's sexual attraction, i.e. who they are attracted to sexually be immutable? Isn't orientation based on that which one is sexually attracted to?

I don't think there is sexual orientation. Sexual attraction can change. That's the kind of world we live in. If it could not change, then you'd have a point with orientation. I think sexual attraction usually starts with some body part and then grows to encompass the whole gender.

And your point is.... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for asking. My point is that "sexual orientation theory" just confuses people and is made up BS. People aren't born LGBT, but something happens to get their sexual attraction to same sex or both. They should deal with their sexual attraction and feelings instead of trying to come up with their "orientation." The psychologists even put a timeline of six months of same sex or both relationship in order to determine this orientation. That's just crock. Trust the sexual feelings instead of what you think you're labeled as.

Romans 1:18-32
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
th
th

It seems that same-sex marriage is based on sexual orientation theory.

Is there such a thing as sexual orientation? IOW can a person's sexual attraction, i.e. who they are attracted to sexually be immutable? Isn't orientation based on that which one is sexually attracted to?

I don't think there is sexual orientation. Sexual attraction can change. That's the kind of world we live in. If it could not change, then you'd have a point with orientation. I think sexual attraction usually starts with some body part and then grows to encompass the whole gender.

And your point is.... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for asking. My point is that "sexual orientation theory" just confuses people and is made up BS. People aren't born LGBT, but something happens to get their sexual attraction to same sex or both. They should deal with their sexual attraction and feelings instead of trying to come up with their "orientation." The psychologists even put a timeline of six months of same sex or both relationship in order to determine this orientation. That's just crock. Trust the sexual feelings instead of what you think you're labeled as.
You know not what you blather about.

Hey, I finally get it now. Your name's initials are PP, that's code word for PeePee, isn't it? But you are right about one thing, PP, acceptance occurs at home and the world and my parents raised me to believe in wholesome Christian family values and a moral upbringing, and up till a few years ago, even network TV shows treated gays as being undesirable sexual deviants. You see, if you truly are a homo, I guess you can't help it and no, no one should treat you like a leper, it isn't a crime, but its not normal either, there is no chemical basis for it so it must be some form of mental aberration; its not healthy, its not Christian, it encourages AIDS, and packing fudge is nothing I want to see children to be around, see on TV, see as being treated as just one more choice.

The great flaw to this "progressive" movement in socially "normalizing" homosexuality by law, subversion, and psych-ops, is that medicine will give up finding out why it happens and give up finding a treatment for it, so like everything else the Left does, like Welfare, Poverty, Drugs, we will simply get more of what you fund until the country is over run with illiterate, deviant people of some sub-normal counter-culture.

Congratulations on the New American Norm. Thanks to you, we now have 16 different sexual identities, cops get sanctioned for writing a ticket to some guy in a dress with hairy balls street racing his car and daring to call him a guy, and in the end, no nation can stay healthy and strong when the inmates begin running the prison.
Holy shit! Have you considered an anger management group?. Maybe an Rx for Xanax? Actually, you seem to be afflicted with a dangerous and pathetic combination of rage and ignorance. There is so much wrong with your rant, both factually and logically that I wont even try to unravel it.

I have to wonder what on earth happened to you to make you like this. Perhaps you can explain exactly how gays and same sex marriage have personally impacted you and conspired to make your life the living hell that it appears to be

Last edited:

Holy shit! Have you considered an anger management group?. Maybe an Rx for Xanax? Actually, you seem to afflicted with a dangerous and pathetic combination of rage and ignorance. There is so much wrong with your rant, both factually and logically that I wont even try to unravel it.

I have to wonder what on earth happened to you to make you like this. Perhaps you can explain exactly how gays and same sex marriage have personally impacted you and conspired to make your life the living hell that it appears to be

It is an indication of an indwelling perversity that makes so called religious people see perversion everywhere they look.

If their norm is worshipping a guy who lived 2000 years ago and praying to him for favors or advice as if he was a god or a genie in a bottle anyone who rejects that garbage would seem perverse to them, even evil, but the exact opposite is true.

No one screams louder about everything and everyone else going to hell except for the people who are already in it.

You seem to be very concerned judging by your rant. maybe you could draw up a list of things that Gays are allowed to do in your Utopia.

They cant party,they cant get married, they cant get service in a public business, they cant go on television...........................................what can they do ?

No, they can't party lasciviously and lewdly in public in front of children, but they can act like normal, reasonable adults, no they can't get married because that takes two different sexes but they can form legal civil unions which is pretty much the same thing except not being called a "marriage," no they don't have a right to force others to act against their own beliefs if the requested service is offensive to them, and no one is ever stopping them going on TV you idiot.

they can't get married because that takes two different sexes
Errrrrr...is it possible that you are so out of touch with reality, or so deeply in denial that you do not know that they can and do get married? And, they can and do get married both legally and religiously. You're saying that they can't get married does not make it true except in the deep recesses of your diseased mind.

..is it possible that you are so out of touch with reality, or so deeply in denial that you do not know that they can and do get married?

Etymology
The word "marriage" derives from Middle English mariage, which first appears in 1250–1300 CE. This in turn is derived from Old French, marier (to marry), and ultimately Latin, marītāre, meaning to provide with a husband or wife and marītāri meaning to get married. The adjective marīt-us -a, -um meaning matrimonial or nuptial could also be used in the masculine form as a noun for "husband" and in the feminine form for "wife".[5] The related word "matrimony" derives from the Old French word matremoine, which appears around 1300 CE and ultimately derives from Latin mātrimōnium, which combines the two concepts: mater meaning "mother" and the suffix -monium signifying "action, state, or condition." In The History of Human Marriage (1922), Edvard Westermarck defined marriage as "a more or less durable connection between male and female lasting beyond the mere act of propagation till after the birth of the offspring."In The Future of Marriage in Western Civilization (1936), he rejected his earlier definition, instead provisionally defining marriage as "a relation of one or more men to one or more women that is recognized by custom or law". The anthropological handbook Notes and Queries (1951) defined marriage as "a union between a man and a woman such that children born to the woman are the recognized legitimate offspring of both partners."

A few liberal judges and a few years of liberal practice cannot undo hundreds and thousands of years of entrenched social belief and behavior. You can call it what you want, but gays do not get married in the truest and strict sense of the word.

..is it possible that you are so out of touch with reality, or so deeply in denial that you do not know that they can and do get married?

Etymology
The word "marriage" derives from Middle English mariage, which first appears in 1250–1300 CE. This in turn is derived from Old French, marier (to marry), and ultimately Latin, marītāre, meaning to provide with a husband or wife and marītāri meaning to get married. The adjective marīt-us -a, -um meaning matrimonial or nuptial could also be used in the masculine form as a noun for "husband" and in the feminine form for "wife".[5] The related word "matrimony" derives from the Old French word matremoine, which appears around 1300 CE and ultimately derives from Latin mātrimōnium, which combines the two concepts: mater meaning "mother" and the suffix -monium signifying "action, state, or condition." In The History of Human Marriage (1922), Edvard Westermarck defined marriage as "a more or less durable connection between male and female lasting beyond the mere act of propagation till after the birth of the offspring."In The Future of Marriage in Western Civilization (1936), he rejected his earlier definition, instead provisionally defining marriage as "a relation of one or more men to one or more women that is recognized by custom or law". The anthropological handbook Notes and Queries (1951) defined marriage as "a union between a man and a woman such that children born to the woman are the recognized legitimate offspring of both partners."

A few liberal judges and a few years of liberal practice cannot undo hundreds and thousands of years of entrenched social belief and behavior. You can call it what you want, but gays do not get married in the truest and strict sense of the word.
I'm not impressed in the least bit. You're stuck in 1936, or perhaps 1300 CE Definitions change . Marriage has never been static. It also used to defines a a man being given a woman as property,

What Is The Meaning Of Marriage?

Does the fact that has changed assail you snowflake sensibilities also?

I'm not impressed in the least bit.

I knew the facts wouldn't matter to you. What does the Bible have to say from 2000 years ago?

Genesis 1:27-28: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.' "

Malachi 2:14-15: “But you say, 'Why does he not?' Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant."

Ephesians 5:25: “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her."

Genesis 2:24: “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

Ephesians 5:25-33: “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, ..."

I don't see anything in there about two guys porking each other in the ass. In fact, isn't that the sort of thing that caused Moses to break the tablets and condemn the Israelites to wander the desert for 40 years for? See how much trouble being gay can get you in? Muslims marry 12 year old girls, but at least they are girls. Here in the West, we marry WOMEN. Been that way for 242 years. If you want to marry some guy, maybe the Netherlands can accommodate you?

Forum List

Back