Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

Interesting.
The poll shows only those who identify as "strongly opposed" and puts everyone else as "supporters".
Moderately opposed are counted as supporters.

Emerging Consensus on LGBT Issues: Findings From the 2017 American Values Atlas | PRRI

Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that same sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, support for same-sex marriage has increased substantially. Currently, more than six in ten (61%) Americans say gay and lesbian couples should be able to marry legally, while only about half as many (30%) are opposed.

Strength of support for same-sex marriage has increased dramatically over the past decade, while strength of opposition has fallen in nearly equal measure. Today, Americans who strongly favor same-sex marriage outnumber those who strongly oppose it by more than a two-to-one margin (30% vs. 14%). In 2007, only 13% of the public strongly favored same-sex marriage, while nearly one-quarter (24%) strongly opposed it.1 Much of this shift has occurred within the last five years. As recently as 2013, more than four in ten (42%) Americans opposed same-sex marriage, including about one in four (23%) who strongly opposed it.2 Over the last five years, strong supporters of same-sex marriage increased only modestly, from 25% to 30%.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.

Sure, Tom! Just get your foot in the door with legitimizing homosexual perversion one place, then another, soon, everyone gets used to hearing about it and before you know it just get USED to the idea of fags and queers being equated as no different than a real marriage between man and woman sanctioned by the church under god for the sake of raising a family. Used to be that kids were raised that way and were taught strict moral and ethical upbringing, but now that anything goes, we are getting our first taste of the "new generation" of kids who bring rifles to school to shoot everybody because the fucking world doesn't make sense to them anymore.
You are just afraid that progress is leaving you behind. I get that.

Is it really progress to force the values of Sodom and Gomorrah on the American people? Sounds a bit regressive to me.

YES

Emerging Consensus on LGBT Issues: Findings From the 2017 American Values Atlas | PRRI

Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that same sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, support for same-sex marriage has increased substantially. Currently, more than six in ten (61%) Americans say gay and lesbian couples should be able to marry legally, while only about half as many (30%) are opposed.

Strength of support for same-sex marriage has increased dramatically over the past decade, while strength of opposition has fallen in nearly equal measure. Today, Americans who strongly favor same-sex marriage outnumber those who strongly oppose it by more than a two-to-one margin (30% vs. 14%). In 2007, only 13% of the public strongly favored same-sex marriage, while nearly one-quarter (24%) strongly opposed it.1 Much of this shift has occurred within the last five years. As recently as 2013, more than four in ten (42%) Americans opposed same-sex marriage, including about one in four (23%) who strongly opposed it.2 Over the last five years, strong supporters of same-sex marriage increased only modestly, from 25% to 30%.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.

Sure, Tom! Just get your foot in the door with legitimizing homosexual perversion one place, then another, soon, everyone gets used to hearing about it and before you know it just get USED to the idea of fags and queers being equated as no different than a real marriage between man and woman sanctioned by the church under god for the sake of raising a family. Used to be that kids were raised that way and were taught strict moral and ethical upbringing, but now that anything goes, we are getting our first taste of the "new generation" of kids who bring rifles to school to shoot everybody because the fucking world doesn't make sense to them anymore.

Is it really progress to force the values of Sodom and Gomorrah on the American people? Sounds a bit regressive to me.

Nope.You have a severely limited view of the world that is becoming less and less prevalent. People becoming free to live their own lives is progress.

Yeah, you tell that to the people who are blocked from speaking on college campuses by violent thugs and the Christians who lose their businesses because they refused to be forced to associate with people they don't approve of. I could provide more examples, is that what you call being free to live your life?

False equivalency logical fallacy. You're comparing people who want to bring hate speech to collage campuses and people who break the law by discriminating , with loving same sex couples who just want to marry.

Be pretend married and shut up about it already

legal marriage isn't "pretend" because some rabid religious zealot wants to call it that.

so why don't you just be quiet and leave everyone else alone

A marriage in the eyes of the law is nothing more than cohabitation. Unless that marriage exists in the eyes of God, it is only two people living together.
Bovine excrement. I have been married for 30 years. Officiated by a judge. Do not dare tell me that my marriage is any less valid that that of people married in church.

Nope.You have a severely limited view of the world that is becoming less and less prevalent. People becoming free to live their own lives is progress.

Tommy, you mean people free to live their lives without any sense of a higher moral authority. Interestingly, as more and more people abandon the conventions of social and religious standards to "make it up as they go along (a loose analogy to anarchy)", precisely tracked along with your "progress" of the last few decades we see paralleling it sharp increases in senseless crime, violence, hatred, and moral and social decay.

Thanks for the progress.

Well in these enlightened times women can vote and go to work, people of colour can sit at the front of the bus and now Gay folk do not have to live a lie.
Those are pretty major step forwards for our society.
That's really more of a just a constructed definition than anything inherently meaningful.

In ancient Egypt, for example, a woman such as Nefertiti had the capacity to - whereas in the 21st century, a woman in America has yet to be elected President in lieu of a "pussy grabber".

So how do you quantify progress objectively, when the facts don't seem to corroborate the Western-centric myth?
No, its real. Women couldnt vote and now they can. We have just celebrated a century of womens suffrage in the UK. That is a fact. Gay acts are no longer illegal and Gays are no longer jailed. That is a fact.

Its progress and the world is a better place.

What you seem to overlook though Tommy is that it was people like you who were holding them back in the first place.

YES

So you're one of "THOSE PEOPLE". :th_believecrap:

Yeah, you tell that to the people who are blocked from speaking on college campuses by violent thugs and the Christians who lose their businesses because they refused to be forced to associate with people they don't approve of. I could provide more examples, is that what you call being free to live your life?

False equivalency logical fallacy. You're comparing people who want to bring hate speech to collage campuses and people who break the law by discriminating , with loving same sex couples who just want to marry.

No we're talking about everyone being free to live their lives the way they see fit, pay attention.

Tommy, you mean people free to live their lives without any sense of a higher moral authority. Interestingly, as more and more people abandon the conventions of social and religious standards to "make it up as they go along (a loose analogy to anarchy)", precisely tracked along with your "progress" of the last few decades we see paralleling it sharp increases in senseless crime, violence, hatred, and moral and social decay.

Thanks for the progress.

Well in these enlightened times women can vote and go to work, people of colour can sit at the front of the bus and now Gay folk do not have to live a lie.
Those are pretty major step forwards for our society.
That's really more of a just a constructed definition than anything inherently meaningful.

In ancient Egypt, for example, a woman such as Nefertiti had the capacity to - whereas in the 21st century, a woman in America has yet to be elected President in lieu of a "pussy grabber".

So how do you quantify progress objectively, when the facts don't seem to corroborate the Western-centric myth?
No, its real. Women couldnt vote and now they can. We have just celebrated a century of womens suffrage in the UK. That is a fact. Gay acts are no longer illegal and Gays are no longer jailed. That is a fact.

Its progress and the world is a better place.

What you seem to overlook though Tommy is that it was people like you who were holding them back in the first place.
Would you please be so kind as to elaborate?

YES

What I don't believe is that anyone is forcing values on you. Your values are your own unless your so weak minded as to allow others to influence what you believe by their actions. Are you?

What I DO believe is that it is moronic to equate same sex marriage with something that has come to symbolize decadence and perversion.

Last edited:

No we're talking about everyone being free to live their lives the way they see fit, pay attention.

Everyone! Good! So that of course includes gay people who want to live THEIR lives as they see fit, with includes being married. Right??

I live across the road from a Gay couple. They have been there about 20 years. We are on first name terms and they are nice enough folks but very boring to talk to. Neighbourhood Watch fanatics.

When they moved in the Presbyterian couple next door to them put up a big fence in order to block the Gay death rays emanating from their homo neighbours.

This obviously had no effect as they sold up and left a few months later. How deep is the hate when you would do that ?

PS: It is also a red herring logical fallacy, intended to distract from the topic. In other words, see how much excrement you can throw at the wall and see what sticks in the hope that others will forget what this is about.

I live across the road from a Gay couple. They have been there about 20 years. We are on first name terms and they are nice enough folks but very boring to talk to. Neighbourhood Watch fanatics.

When they moved in the Presbyterian couple next door to them put up a big fence in order to block the Gay death rays emanating from their homo neighbours.

This obviously had no effect as they sold up and left a few months later. How deep is the hate when you would do that ?
Hate, stupidity and a good dose of fear I would say. But it does not have to be that way.

We had a gay couple living next door to us for a while. Nice guys who we became friends with. The next house over, on the other side of the gay couple lived a conservative Christian couple who we managed to alienate by pushing our politics on them. However, they became friendly with the gay couple and ultimately we all got along. So, even conservative people, Christian people , do not have to be assholes if they just see others who are different as human beings . A philosophy that I'm sure is lost on many people here. Being an asshole is a choice. Being gay is not.

Last edited:
And likewise realize that they are a deviate subgroup of our culture and law or no law, two guys can do whatever they want in private, they can join in a legal civil union as a joined couple living together with certain legal rights, but they can never be a MARRIED couple and can never have as family of their own.
What colossal horseshit. !! Civil unions? Separate but equal? That worked real well in the past, right? Can never have a family? Never be married? What alternative universe are you living in.? Are you off of your meds?

If they want to try to adopt kids who otherwise have no other options, then that should be contingent upon the child's willingness to agree to such an arrangement!
What would the age of consent be? A special needs or minority 3 year old- who is hard to place - should remain in the foster care system or a group home until what age exactly ?

YES

What I don't believe is that anyone is forcing values on you. Your values are your own unless your so weak minded as to allow others to influence what you believe by their actions. Are you?

What I DO believe is that it is moronic to equate same sex marriage with something that has come to symbolize decadence and perversion.

Ya think?

th.jpg

th (1).jpg

And those are some of the milder images of perverted faghadist.

YES

Ya think?

View attachment 191604

View attachment 191605

And those are some of the milder images of perverted faghadist.

Oh, is that Mardi Gras? Or spring break in Fort Lauderdale?

Everyone! Good! So that of course includes gay people who want to live THEIR lives as they see fit, with includes being married. Right??

Only if it includes the opinions that disagree and a businesses right not to associate with them outside the walls of the business.

YES

What I don't believe is that anyone is forcing values on you.

Dear God man, I can't believe you said that. Everywhere you look, that is all you have now is people forcing gaybo values, acceptance and tolerance on you. From the bakeries, to parades, to schools, television, government, weddings and even your own employer. You must have an amazing cognitive blind spot to even suggest so ludicrous a statement!

Forum List

Back