Gun Control and Logic

I have gun(s) and I am not the least bit afraid the government will ever take it/them. Not because the right is mounting some brave fight to keep them but because the very idea is ludicrous. For every one of you people who see guns as a political statement there are many more who do not fetishize guns. People have guns for protection, hunting and leisure, that's fine, but when they start talking about civil wars and government conspiracies they are not helping their side of the argument.

that wasnt my question,,,
I'll answer your questions as I see fit. I understand your argument so I will answer specifically. I have a smoke detector but I do not think it protects me from the government. I wear a seat belt but I do not think it protects my individual rights.
it would be pretty stupid if you did think those things,,,
they arent a gun after all,,,which as we know not only protects you from not just the government but criminals as well,,,and it is what protects your rights,,,
My gun only ever protected me once, from a snake. I would have rather had a good stick.
What kind of gun? I hope it wasn’t semi-automatic. And what if that snake was a bear? Would you still prefer the stick? I live close to the Jersey border in PA. NJ has retarded bear hunting laws and surprise suprise, they have a brown bear problem. A bear problem that spills over into my neck of the woods. News flash, bears are huge dicks. They WILL fuck you up if you startle them, they have Cubs...or if they’re hungry they’ll eat you alive ass first (true story).
I live in bear country & have hunted deer in bear country for 40 years. I have never seen a bear in the woods. I usually see them while driving or maybe from my deck.

I'll answer your questions as I see fit. I understand your argument so I will answer specifically. I have a smoke detector but I do not think it protects me from the government. I wear a seat belt but I do not think it protects my individual rights.
they arent a gun after all,,,which as we know not only protects you from not just the government but criminals as well,,,and it is what protects your rights,,,
My gun only ever protected me once, from a snake. I would have rather had a good stick.
What kind of gun? I hope it wasn’t semi-automatic. And what if that snake was a bear? Would you still prefer the stick? I live close to the Jersey border in PA. NJ has retarded bear hunting laws and surprise suprise, they have a brown bear problem. A bear problem that spills over into my neck of the woods. News flash, bears are huge dicks. They WILL fuck you up if you startle them, they have Cubs...or if they’re hungry they’ll eat you alive ass first (true story).
I live in bear country & have hunted deer in bear country for 40 years. I have never seen a bear in the woods. I usually see them while driving or maybe from my deck.
I saw one running away in the woods in my back yard too. I live in the burbs. For a good 15 or so seconds, normalcy bias kicked in and I thought wow, that’s a really really big dog. A really big dog, with a really big and round hind quarters, with a bunch of mud caked to its ass. Then I was like holy shit, that was a bear.

Bears stay away when they can. Unless they’re hungry and desperate.

He's still an asshole who thinks courage comes from the barrel of a gun.
Courage comes from having the spine to confront a vicious criminal trying to hurt or kill you and shooting them. spineless cowards like you could not do it.

I've seen the bravest talking, most fearsome person get under fire and curl right up into a ball. You have no idea what you are going to do no matter how brave you talk. Most ones that talk the bravest are the ones that are the ones that you have to watch closely because they are the most likely to do something stupid under fire. It's the quiet ones that are the ones that generally are the best ones. You bare close observation.

No one is going to be getting into a firefight in any self defense situation

thats just stupid thinking from a future dead person,,,

So because you've never seen a bear no one else has right?

Courage comes from having the spine to confront a vicious criminal trying to hurt or kill you and shooting them. spineless cowards like you could not do it.

I've seen the bravest talking, most fearsome person get under fire and curl right up into a ball. You have no idea what you are going to do no matter how brave you talk. Most ones that talk the bravest are the ones that are the ones that you have to watch closely because they are the most likely to do something stupid under fire. It's the quiet ones that are the ones that generally are the best ones. You bare close observation.

One or two shots is not a firefight , Moron

duh,,,,that doesnt mean it will never happen

plan for the worst hope for the best,,,

ANd it's still not a firefight.

And I don't plan on shooting anyone even though I carry a gun.

That does not mean I am not willing to as a last resort

there are other people in the world besides you,,,

Which means what exactly?

That you plan on shooting someone? That you think a self defense situation is a firefight where you trade shots from cover over an extended time?

Are you high?

That you plan on shooting someone? That you think a self defense situation is a firefight where you trade shots from cover over an extended time?

Are you high?

its happened before

Are you high?

its happened before

Maybe with the cops but how many times in a civilian self defense situation where the average number of shot fired is 2

Are you high?

its happened before

Maybe with the cops but how many times in a civilian self defense situation where the average number of shot fired is 2
once is enough,,,

Be sure to double your monthly donation to the NRA to make sure that never happens.
The NRA is too weak for my tastes. I donate to organizations dedicated to preserving my right to own a motherfucking machine gun and to walk the streets of any American city or school carrying said machine gun.

Precisely. Fuck the NRA. These are the same fuckers who couldn’t endorse “”background checks” quick enough; in an attempt to ingratiate themselves with the politburo. Where are the “background checks” for being a “journalist”? Or to engage in the practice of ones preferred religion?

Are you high?

its happened before

once is enough,,,

Whatever. I think you're a bit delusional.

Personally I feel a very real and very heavy weight of responsibility carrying a gun. I don't plan on shooting anyone and I hope to hell I never have to. I tend to avoid situations where I think there is even a remote possibility that I may have to draw a weapon.

In my humble opinion the cavalier attitude displayed by many regarding carrying a weapon is detrimental to the cause of preserving the 2nd Amendment

Are you high?

its happened before

once is enough,,,

Personally I feel a very real and very heavy weight of responsibility carrying a gun. I don't plan on shooting anyone and I hope to hell I never have to. I tend to avoid situations where I think there is even a remote possibility that I may have to draw a weapon.

In my humble opinion the cavalier attitude displayed by many regarding carrying a weapon is detrimental to the cause of preserving the 2nd Amendment
none of that means no fire fight has ever happened in a self defense situation,,,

and I have never met any person that wanted to shoot someone,,,well except for some lefty democrats on the internet,,,

Are you high?

its happened before

once is enough,,,

none of that means no fire fight has ever happened in a self defense situation,,,

and I have never met any person that wanted to shoot someone,,,well except for some lefty democrats on the internet,,,

It happens so rarely that it is statistically irrelevant. Maybe you can find some news coverage of these extended firefights that star a law abiding citizen just protecting himself.

its happened before

once is enough,,,

It happens so rarely that it is statistically irrelevant. Maybe you can find some news coverage of these extended firefights that star a law abiding citizen just protecting himself.
like I said, once is enough,,,

Patriots do not hate practically all Americans and talk about making war on them all the time.
You mean like the democrats who want to confiscate guns or the demo congressman who talked about using nukes on Americans.
During the war for independence from england Patriots not only had to fit the british but americans who were loyal to the crown this also happened during the civil war when Americans who wanted slaves tried to leave the union.
At times Americans have taken up arms aginst their fellow Americans to fight for the values they believe in.
In both instances the right side won and in both instances the gun settled the debate.
Or second Amendment is there to assure that freedoms of the American public are assured for those willing to fight for their rights and others to be free.

Tell me, when has the 2nd amendment been pertinent in the last century? I know of only one time but I bet you don't. How about educating the rest of us in this. So far, you have been just sniping away with little or no substance to anything. What happened after 1865 is a different world than before. So let's hear how it applies after 1910 all the way until today.
There was an instance in Alabama (I believe) with a very corrupt sherifs department trying to rig an election, and a bunch of armed WW2 vets got together and made sure the election wasn’t rigged by the sheriff who wanted to have his department count the votes.

It’s a shortsighted view to say, well we haven’t had to use the second amendment in a while, therefore we don’t need it. It’s not a matter of if a government is going to use it’s powrt to abuse its citizens, it’s a matter of when. 100% of governments in the world today, and throughout history have used their power to abuse their citizens. We just have egocentric perceptions that think the world we live in will be a permanent constant (even though history screams bloody murder otherwise). The 2nd amendment main purpose is to be a decentralization of force. In a perfect world the government should be the only dealers of force, that’s what we want. Problem is government is made up of people with the proclivity to control others (why else take the job), and there are plenty of people with that proclivity who’d use their position to self serve rather than be “public servants”. It makes it much harder to control people who are armed too.

“When the Cambrian measures were forming, they promised perpetual peace. They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease. But when we disarmed they sold us and delivered us bound to our foe, and the gods of the Copybook Headings said: “Stick to the devil you know.”

IAW, the 2nd has run it's course. I don't mean completely throw it out but it needs to be brought up to apply to today's world.
Well now you’re moving into a realm where we need to clearly define a lot before we even start a convo. So what would you define as arms? I go off of the most widely used definition of small arms. Can we agree on that?

Yes we can agree it's a wide definition. One that does need to be defined. It's one that the courts have been trying to define for about a century and a half and have done poorly. The problem there is, the courts are primarily made up of political oppointees that really don't know much about anything and they are just lawyers. The same can be said about most legislators for the last 75 years. The other half of the problem is the two opposing sides really don't want a solution. They want it just their way and it doesn't work either way.

What's happening is, there are others like me that are starting to speak out that are not the fringe or the lawyers or the political appointees that are now getting our say in the form at the ballot boxes which gets around these people. And it's cost us millions to defend that would have been better spent on schools, roads and bridges because of the fringe groups of both sides have such deep pockets and know how to use the lawyers, political appointees, and media. In 2013, the NRA went after our Colorado Laws that were voted in because Colorado had become the Mass Murder Capital of the US. There were a lot of changes made. All done without preventing me from instant buying of a firearm at a gunshow or a dealer. It meant that even private sales had to go through a background check. It limited many of the mods that we saw on the more troublesome firearms. The NRA went nuts. They started in, at first, by going into the courts, taking each item, one by one, trying to bounce them. After a few million bucks were spent (and matched by the State of Colorado) the only one that was bounced was the 10 round limit which was changed on the same hour it was bounced to 15 rounds and that stood in court. Then the NRA and a few others went after the various weaker State Politicians. Here went a couple more million (the stated matched them). They forced 3 recalls. 2 were unsuccessful but one got a Republican to replace the Democrat. The next election cycle (2014) the Republican was replaced by a Democrat so no real change happened. Millions of dollars were spent by the Tax Payers that should have gone for the public good. Instead it was squandered because of a series of frivilous lawsuits. This could have been avoided if we had a loser pays. The good that came out of this is that the NRA and others like them spent so much so fast that they drained their coffers and pissed off a bunch of high dollar contributors in the process. They didn't see the hand writing on the wall. The Public was finally waking up and giving both loud mouthed fringe groups the boot.

In our Red controlled areas, what is said just before the elections isn't what is said AFTER the elections for Sheriffs. Delta County just went through an Election. Before the Election, all candidates said they would not enforce the Red Flag Law (google it). After the elections, the newly elected Sheriff, when face with being arrested by the state police if he didn't, changed his mind and said he would enforce it. Even a Sheriff can be jailed under contempt of court. OF course, this option was already stated by the newly elected Governor so what changed? The newly elected Sheriff just said what he needed to say to get elected so the loudmouths would scream their heads off before the election.

We are NOT coming for your guns if you are a law abiding citizen. Simple as that. That means, if there is a firearms regulation and you choose not to follow it you are no longer a law abiding citizen. MOST people are law abiding citizens. That's what makes everything work. It what makes the entire nation work. Even when we don't like the law, for the most part, we abide by it. Oh, it's okay to grumble about it but to go on a crusade about it day in and day out that's not the real American way. You work to get it changed and if you can't, you still abide by it. But go ahead and grumble.

Tirade done. Now what would YOU do to change things for the better. I am perfectly satisfied with our Colorado Firearms laws. They work and I see them work each and every day.

Forum List

Back