Gun Control - What's the Problem?

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771
When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor There WAS No Gun Control.

There also were no Snowflakes, men knew how to fix things, and actually thought the opposite sex was attractive

And Democrats had no issues rounding up people the country thought could be potential threats and placing them in detention centers.

We need Guns more than ever....because there are less and less "MEN" every day.

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

First, because it doesn't work. My brother-in-law bought a gun on the side of the highway. Got in touch with a guy, met him at a highway rest stop, gave him the cash, he gave him the gun. They drove off.

Now please explain to me how your background checks or whatever law, is going to stop that? It isn't. It simply will not prevent a single gun from getting in the hands of a single criminal. It never works.

And here's the other side.

You say you don't feel threatened. Yeah of course not. No politician is going to say openly "This is the first step to taking away all your guns!".

But in the end, what the hell do you think government is going to do with that information?

After Katrina hit, armed national guard went house to house, confiscating guns from people registered to owning weapons. They went to middle class and upper class areas, taking guns from home owners trying to defend their property.

You know where they didn't go? To the poor crime infested areas, because no one there registered their illegal guns.

Here are the two reasons conservatives are against endless new laws:

1. New laws do not stop criminals, they only stop good law abiding citizens. There is zero evidence, as in none, that laws have stopped a criminal from getting a gun, anymore than prohibition stopped people from getting a drink, and drug laws stop teenagers from overdosing on Heroin.

2. New laws are a way of moving toward totalitarianism, and government abuse of the public. The Jews in Europe went willingly towards their own death, because the government promised them all those laws were for their protection. It's one half step towards government control each time, until you end in a dictatorship. There is no surprise that every dictator in history, has first started with gun control.

Background checks and gun control laws wouldn’t stop people like your brother from getting a gun. But it will stop the people who don’t have the phone number of the guy that will sell them a gun at a rest stop.

Just in case someone needs that Number:

It is

1-800-EricHolder

View attachment 59771
When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor There WAS No Gun Control.

There also were no Snowflakes, men knew how to fix things, and actually thought the opposite sex was attractive

And Democrats had no issues rounding up people the country thought could be potential threats and placing them in detention centers.

We need Guns more than ever....because there are less and less "MEN" every day.
You are always good for a laugh... thanks :)

I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

Whatcha gonna do when big government decides YOU are the wrong hands?

If anyone actually had an accurate predictive way to know in advance whose hands would be truly wrong, we'd already be preventing 90% of all gun murders and would be able to re-institute automatic weapons while removing 90% of the gun laws off the books.
People who are deemed violent and or mentally unstable

Again, who decides the threshold for "violent" and "mentally unstable?" We already deny people with known violent past, crimes, threats to others the right to hold a gun. And we already do the same for the mentally institutionalized deemed not in good control of themself. What has it accomplished?

So now we are back in that gray area where someone must guess who might BECOME violent or has the CAPACITY to be so, and who is just a little goofy and who is dangerously so?

And that leads us right back to lopping off a whole bunch of totally innocent, harmless people who have not done a thing to deserve it in the hopes that we catch enough of the truly crazy, dangerous people in the process!

So that leads us full circle right back to the original questions:
  • Who gets to decide all that?
  • What if they rule against you for reasons other than actual things you've done?
  • Where is the governing watch dogs which keeps such power from being abused?
  • And why are we still blaming the guns and not going after the cause which drives these people in the first place?
We the people decide through the representatives that we elect. Hopefully there are town halls and public forums to gather input from the people but that’s how it works in a republic.

So:
  • Who elected all the knuckleheads in Washington then, because none of them are doing anything for me I want.
  • Who are the Democrats representing? Because the crap coming out of their mouths doesn't represent anything or anyone I've ever met!
  • Some of the stupidest people I've ever seen are found at town halls and public forums.
  • When are they going to start this process? What year? Because a lot of people are dying.
  • If that's how it works in a republic, then we must not live in one cause it ain't working here.
  • Last person I want deciding my fitness to carry firearms is some Washington bureaucrat who doesn't know me, doesn't know firearms, has no background in social psychology and doesn't ever represent me but just wants my vote.

To the OP....You won't feel threatened until they come for YOUR guns.
I don’t respond to those fear tactics. They are transparent and comical

Well watch your ass....!!!

upload_2019-8-13_13-6-56.jpeg

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

If anyone actually had an accurate predictive way to know in advance whose hands would be truly wrong, we'd already be preventing 90% of all gun murders and would be able to re-institute automatic weapons while removing 90% of the gun laws off the books.

Again, who decides the threshold for "violent" and "mentally unstable?" We already deny people with known violent past, crimes, threats to others the right to hold a gun. And we already do the same for the mentally institutionalized deemed not in good control of themself. What has it accomplished?

So now we are back in that gray area where someone must guess who might BECOME violent or has the CAPACITY to be so, and who is just a little goofy and who is dangerously so?

And that leads us right back to lopping off a whole bunch of totally innocent, harmless people who have not done a thing to deserve it in the hopes that we catch enough of the truly crazy, dangerous people in the process!

• What if they rule against you for reasons other than actual things you've done?
  • And why are we still blaming the guns and not going after the cause which drives these people in the first place?
We the people decide through the representatives that we elect. Hopefully there are town halls and public forums to gather input from the people but that’s how it works in a republic.

So:
  • Who elected all the knuckleheads in Washington then, because none of them are doing anything for me I want.
  • Who are the Democrats representing? Because the crap coming out of their mouths doesn't represent anything or anyone I've ever met!
  • Some of the stupidest people I've ever seen are found at town halls and public forums.
  • When are they going to start this process? What year? Because a lot of people are dying.
  • If that's how it works in a republic, then we must not live in one cause it ain't working here.
  • Last person I want deciding my fitness to carry firearms is some Washington bureaucrat who doesn't know me, doesn't know firearms, has no background in social psychology and doesn't ever represent me but just wants my vote.
Our system is not perfect and yes our country is full of stupid people. But that’s what we’ve got and it has evolved us to be the worlds super power and richest, most innovative and desirable country in the world on many levels. I’m sorry you’re so disgruntled but if you could gain a little perspective you might realize that we don’t got it so bad.

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

So:
Our system is not perfect and yes our country is full of stupid people. But that’s what we’ve got and it has evolved us to be the worlds super power and richest, most innovative and desirable country in the world on many levels. I’m sorry you’re so disgruntled but if you could gain a little perspective you might realize that we don’t got it so bad.

Never said I was disgruntled or said it was bad. Quite the opposite: just not crazy to rush into an idea that if wrong or misused, could ruin this great experiment we call: "America."

With freedom comes risk and responsibility. Just not too crazy to rush into giving up freedom for presumed safety. I prefer responsibility to regulations.

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

And when Democrats are in power, who would decide that?

View attachment 59771

Fast forward to 2019 and its Donald J Trump who thinks he should be able to take your guns with no due process and only on the word of your girlfriend or whoever. I can't wait to see how the rabid trumpkin smoke this okay. Even Bammer wasn't so bold as to go on national news and say he wants a law where one guy could have the cops go to your house and grab your guns because you are a dangerous racist who preaches hate ( or a guy at a Trump rally in a MAGA hat and T-shirt).

I am not a Trump supporter, but that is just a hysterical lie.
What Trump said is that with a red flag situation, you confiscate first and then litigate second.
You just claimed "no due process", which is false. Trump just said that due process comes after the weapon is confiscated. And while that has risks, it likely is the best way, because it put the decision making in the hands of the courts instead of the police, as long as police are held to a reasonable, "probable cause" standard.

The main thing I want is for it to be local police and local courts, instead of the BATF and federal courts.
We need to shift gun control back to being local, because that not only ensures less corruption, but also is the only legal way to do it. Federal weapons laws are all just inherently illegal.

Bull shit. You are the one telling lies. Get your shit together before running your penis holster dumbass.

Trump says take guns first and worry about 'due process second' in White House gun meeting

Trump says take guns first and worry about 'due process second' in White House gun meeting

So:

Never said I was disgruntled or said it was bad. Quite the opposite: just not crazy to rush into an idea that if wrong or misused, could ruin this great experiment we call: "America."

With freedom comes risk and responsibility. Just not too crazy to rush into giving up freedom for presumed safety. I prefer responsibility to regulations.
I agree with everything you said. But I also am open to regulation when deemed necessary

View attachment 59771
Never trust a career politician like Obama... You can’t believe a word they say.
The only way for the federal government/deep state to control the population is to get rid of the Second Amendment the backbone of the constitution.

View attachment 59771

Fast forward to 2019 and its Donald J Trump who thinks he should be able to take your guns with no due process and only on the word of your girlfriend or whoever. I can't wait to see how the rabid trumpkin smoke this okay. Even Bammer wasn't so bold as to go on national news and say he wants a law where one guy could have the cops go to your house and grab your guns because you are a dangerous racist who preaches hate ( or a guy at a Trump rally in a MAGA hat and T-shirt).

No....he just sold drug cartels over 3,000 guns, illegally, behind closed doors, and gave Iran, the number 1 sponsor of global murder 150 billion dollars in cash.....

And don't forget, fast and furious guns are still popping up here and there.

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

And when Democrats are in power, who would decide that?
Whoever writes the bill and votes to pass it. Hopefully it is bipartisan

View attachment 59771
Never trust a career politician like Obama... You can’t believe a word they say.
The only way for the federal government/deep state to control the population is to get rid of the Second Amendment the backbone of the constitution.
I’m not buying that fear tactic BS. None of that shit is happening

Forum List

Back