Gun Control - What's the Problem?

I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

Whatcha gonna do when big government decides YOU are the wrong hands?

If anyone actually had an accurate predictive way to know in advance whose hands would be truly wrong, we'd already be preventing 90% of all gun murders and would be able to re-institute automatic weapons while removing 90% of the gun laws off the books.
People who are deemed violent and or mentally unstable

And when Democrats are in power, who would decide that?
Whoever writes the bill and votes to pass it. Hopefully it is bipartisan
Lol
Universal background checks equals firearm registration equals firearm confiscation... At that point the rest the constitution will be meaningless Gibberish...

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771
Never trust a career politician like Obama... You can’t believe a word they say.
The only way for the federal government/deep state to control the population is to get rid of the Second Amendment the backbone of the constitution.
I’m not buying that fear tactic BS. None of that shit is happening
Lol
It’s impossible for the collective to control the population without getting rid of the Second Amendment... fact

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

If anyone actually had an accurate predictive way to know in advance whose hands would be truly wrong, we'd already be preventing 90% of all gun murders and would be able to re-institute automatic weapons while removing 90% of the gun laws off the books.

I'm talking about after the bill passes.

So we have this law that mentally unstable people and those who are "deemed" violent cannot own a firearm. Again, if Democrats are in power, who gets to decide that?

I'm currently having a gun discussion in another topic with JoeB whom I'm sure we all know. JoeB told me that he has no problem confiscating guns from people he deems as racist. He would have no problem with the government confiscating my gun because of my avatar.

This is what I'm talking about. We all know the ultimate goal for Democrats is a disarmed society. Such a law using the Thought Police to determine who can exercise their constitutional right of firearm ownership is a pandoras box. When in charge, Democrats could come take my guns away because of something stupid like my avatar. Democrat talking heads have stated repeatedly that Trump supporters are also racist. So if we had that law now, would that mean government could go out and revoke the ability to own a gun simply because we support Donald Trump???

Don't open that door. You don't want to see what's on the other side of it.

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

Lol
Universal background checks equals firearm registration equals firearm confiscation... At that point the rest the constitution will be meaningless Gibberish...
None of that is true. Stop lying

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771
Never trust a career politician like Obama... You can’t believe a word they say.
The only way for the federal government/deep state to control the population is to get rid of the Second Amendment the backbone of the constitution.
I’m not buying that fear tactic BS. None of that shit is happening
Lol
It’s impossible for the collective to control the population without getting rid of the Second Amendment... fact
The collective is the population dumbass

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

So we have this law that mentally unstable people and those who are "deemed" violent cannot own a firearm. Again, if Democrats are in power, who gets to decide that?

I'm currently having a gun discussion in another topic with JoeB whom I'm sure we all know. JoeB told me that he has no problem confiscating guns from people he deems as racist. He would have no problem with the government confiscating my gun because of my avatar.

This is what I'm talking about. We all know the ultimate goal for Democrats is a disarmed society. Such a law using the Thought Police to determine who can exercise their constitutional right of firearm ownership is a pandoras box. When in charge, Democrats could come take my guns away because of something stupid like my avatar. Democrat talking heads have stated repeatedly that Trump supporters are also racist. So if we had that law now, would that mean government could go out and revoke the ability to own a gun simply because we support Donald Trump???

A database and background check system would need to be put in place that is coordinated with law enforcement and medical doctors to flag at risk people. It’s not a simple solution as many conflicts exists I understand that. But progress needs to be made and those debates should be had

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

A database and background check system would need to be put in place that is coordinated with law enforcement and medical doctors to flag at risk people. It’s not a simple solution as many conflicts exists I understand that. But progress needs to be made and those debates should be had

I can't trust my doctor to get my cough medicine straight nor to put my interests ahead of the insurance company paying him, now you want him to decide if I get to own guns? No thank you.

"Law's won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals" I agree, if somebody really wants a gun then they will be able to get one. Just like if somebody wants to get into your house or car then can do it by just breaking a window, but we still lock our doors and get security systems."

I'm still not hearing an argument that I understand that counters the efforts being made to help solve a small part of a very big problem. Isn't something better than nothing? Why aren't we working together on this? Yes, efforts to improve law enforcement and focus on mental health will help, along with many other ideas, but those are a different conversation... Focusing on the simple propositions by the president... Why the opposition and how are they hurting our rights??
Because none of the "solutions" being floated will solve any problem.....Not even a small part of it.

You really cannot be so naive to believe that politicians are really interested in solving the problem, can you?

I can't trust my doctor to get my cough medicine straight nor to put my interests ahead of the insurance company paying him, now you want him to decide if I get to own guns? No thank you.
You think I’m calling on your cough doctor to determine if you should get a gun?! What a stupid way to frame the argument.

"Law's won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals" I agree, if somebody really wants a gun then they will be able to get one. Just like if somebody wants to get into your house or car then can do it by just breaking a window, but we still lock our doors and get security systems."

I'm still not hearing an argument that I understand that counters the efforts being made to help solve a small part of a very big problem. Isn't something better than nothing? Why aren't we working together on this? Yes, efforts to improve law enforcement and focus on mental health will help, along with many other ideas, but those are a different conversation... Focusing on the simple propositions by the president... Why the opposition and how are they hurting our rights??
Because none of the "solutions" being floated will solve any problem.....Not even a small part of it.

You really cannot be so naive to believe that politicians are really interested in solving the problem, can you?
I don’t think too much about what politicians want. It’s irrelevant to this discussion

The only time government tries to solve a problem, it ALWAYS results in individuals being relieved of money or liberty and it NEVER SOLVES THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

For this reason, the answer NO. We will not agree to any new regulations or restrictions.

Those concerned about it need to find a different solution.

I don’t think too much about what politicians want. It’s irrelevant to this discussion
It's relevant because the laws are being made by the politicians, fool.

You think I’m calling on your cough doctor to determine if you should get a gun?! What a stupid way to frame the argument.

You're the one who made it. At least the guy kinda sorta KNOWS ME. Maybe you have some shrink somewhere who knows you better? As a student of psychology, I know that some of the most fucked up people are psychologists.

The only time government tries to solve a problem, it ALWAYS results in individuals being relieved of money or liberty and it NEVER SOLVES THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

For this reason, the answer NO. We will not agree to any new regulations or restrictions.

Those concerned about it need to find a different solution.

I would only add that if government gets involved in trying to solve, fix or control anything, it is with only one objective in mind:
  1. Because it will grow them power.
  2. Because it will make them money.
  3. Because they will fuck it up while thinking they did good.

I would only add that if government gets involved in trying to solve, fix or control anything, it is with only one objective in mind:

I don't believe for a moment that any of them honestly believe that they're doing any good.

Who are the wrong hands?

Who gets to decide that?

Right, and who would be those doctors, the ones the left picks that agree with the disarmament of American citizens?

I don't believe for a moment that any of them honestly believe that they're doing any good.

Oh no, trust me, they really do (most of them) and that not only can they do a better job than the private sector, that somehow it is their destined right and duty to do it. They are above you. The rest simply don't care because it's their job and pays their bills.

Right, and who would be those doctors, the ones the left picks that agree with the disarmament of American citizens?

Ray, if I was your leftist-leaning doctor, you'd have three immediate strikes against you flagging you as a danger to society:
  1. You expressed conservative views.
  2. You were wearing a red MAGA hat when you entered my office. (red is the color of rage)
  3. You had a 2nd amendment or NRA pin on your lapel.
You wouldn't get out of my office without at least some Thorazine gel to calm you down + a few scripts for Mellaril and Etrafon Forte. ;)

Forum List

Back