CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty dismissive of the efforts of the Allies. America was critical to winning the War but America didn't win everything by itself.

Radar was jointly developed in the US and UK.

And if it weren't for a gay British dude inventing "computers" but also breaking the Enigma code, a lot (a lot a lot a lot) of Americans would have died. Even the atomic bomb which ended the war was originally predicated on work done in Europe by Europeans.

So let's not get TOO full of ourselves.

I'm afraid you seem to have the view of history that O'Brien had in 1984 : "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- for ever.'" You realize that the choice ISN'T just rampant murders in schools and grocery stores OR vicious murderous genocidal dictators.

THERE'S SPACE IN BETWEEN THERE.

You realize that the choice ISN'T just rampant murders in schools and grocery stores OR vicious murderous genocidal dictators.

No...it isn't...but guns are the way you prevent them....the Europeans forgot that ....

You realize that the choice ISN'T just rampant murders in schools and grocery stores OR vicious murderous genocidal dictators.

No...it isn't...but guns are the way you prevent them....the Europeans forgot that ....

I'm curious how you can simultaneous agree with my point and move along as if it was never made.

The numbers are all in the link.
So they are, and easy to spot, don't know how I missed it/them...my bad

I did find the articles honesty on v this matter v refreshing:
The FBI collects data on “active shooter incidents,” which it defines as “one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area.” Using the FBI’s definition, 38 people – excluding the shooters – died in such incidents in 2020.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people are shot, even if no one was killed (again excluding the shooters). Using this definition, 513 people died in these incidents in 2020.

Regardless of the definition being used, fatalities in mass shooting incidents in the U.S. account for a small fraction of all gun murders that occur nationwide each year.
The above means "mass shootings" are small and rare and are being used to sensationalize gun deaths while the real problem is a 60's mentality that now infects the culture...
...eliminate that mentality along with the media coverage of these shootings and the problem will solve itself...no more blaze of glory and celebrity status for the shooter = a step in the right direction while no longer being able to blame the constitution for the short comings of a failed counter culture mentality.

Utter rubbish. Privately held guns did not win your war for Independence, your wars and genocides against the indigenous peoples of America, the wars you fought against Mexico and Spain and certainly not in the world wars that followed, the war in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.

Since your opinion is common to Europeans, I say we withdraw all support for Europe and see how you do with your armies and your "guns" on your own, including Ukraine. Good luck with China and Russia. I'm sure your militaries are up to the task.

Since your opinion is common to Europeans, I say we withdraw all support for Europe and see how you do with your armies and your "guns" on your own, including Ukraine. Good luck with China and Russia. I'm sure your militaries are up to the task.
Well bless your heart. That's so Sweet. Attacking the man like that instead of addressing his point here in the CDZ. Is he right? Is he wrong? Who cares! Smear Europeans. You so win!

Well bless your heart. That's so Sweet. Attacking the man like that instead of addressing his point here in the CDZ. Is he right? Is he wrong? Who cares! Smear Europeans. You so win!

That is not a personal attack; it's a statement of my position. Europe has prospered because we are their defacto military. Like many Americans, I am fed up with that. Let's see how they do with their abundant social programs if they had to actually fund militaries that function in anything but name only.

That is not a personal attack; it's a statement of my position. Europe has prospered because we are their defacto military. Like many Americans, I am fed up with that. Let's see how they do with their abundant social programs if they had to actually fund militaries that function in anything but name only.
Your position failed to address his point. You know, the Founders wanted no standing army and Eisenhower warned us about the MIC. Our colonialist militarism is not Europe's problem. But none of that even touches upon private gun ownership.

Utter rubbish. Privately held guns did not win your war for Independence, your wars and genocides against the indigenous peoples of America, the wars you fought against Mexico and Spain and certainly not in the world wars that followed, the war in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.
Finland seems to think that privately held guns can help protect them from Russian aggression.

But none of that even touches upon private gun ownership.
The right of individuals to privately own guns means that militiamen can be provided with arms even if if the government declines to arm them.

Militiamen can use their own money to buy their own guns as private individuals.

Private individuals can also buy guns and donate them to the militia.

So it's not just Finland. Private gun ownership contributes to national security in the US as well.

There was no genocide against the indians......

There was a genocide in your neck of the woods, stopped by Americans with guns......and without American guns in your countries, you'd be slaughtering each other again...or speaking Russian.

There was no genocide against the indians......

There was a genocide in your neck of the woods, stopped by Americans with guns......and without American guns in your countries, you'd be slaughtering each other again...or speaking Russian.
If it wasn't for the French, the colonies would still be British.

So why didn't your "so called claimed guns" win, you needed the French?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back