🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gun free Britain? Murders going to hit 10 year high...

teenage mothers raising young males without fathers

Prove it.

Here...

Births in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics
...over the last decade over 60% of all births registered outside marriage or civil partnership each year have been to a cohabiting couple. This is consistent with increases in the number of couples cohabiting rather than entering into marriage or civil partnership (Families and Households provides further information)...

You really must read your sources before posting. Point out to me where in your source it mentions "teenage mothers raising young males without fathers" Cohabiting COUPLES denotes the presence of a father or father figure and has nothing whatsoever to do with the welfare state in the UK. The FACT is that since the start of the UK welfare state, single parent families hovered around the 1-2 perentile until the 1960's and that includes families where one parent has died.

Number of children in poverty surges by 100,000 in one year

The number of children in poverty across the UK has surged by 100,000 in a year, new figures show, prompting calls for ministers to urgently review cuts to child welfare.

Government statistics published on Thursday show 4.1 million children are now living in relative poverty after household costs, compared with four million the previous year, accounting for more than 30 per cent of children in the country.

Compared to the overall population, children remained the most likely to be in relative poverty, at almost one in three compared with 21 per cent of working age adults and 16 per cent of pensioners.

Correct! Right wing Tory government ideological "austerity" policies cutting child welfare have had a disasterous effect on child poverty in this country.

So back to my previous reply to your

...teenage mothers raising young males without fathers

Prove it.

teenage mothers raising young males without fathers

Prove it.

Here...

Births in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics
...over the last decade over 60% of all births registered outside marriage or civil partnership each year have been to a cohabiting couple. This is consistent with increases in the number of couples cohabiting rather than entering into marriage or civil partnership (Families and Households provides further information)...

You really must read your sources before posting. Point out to me where in your source it mentions "teenage mothers raising young males without fathers" Cohabiting COUPLES denotes the presence of a father or father figure and has nothing whatsoever to do with the welfare state in the UK. The FACT is that since the start of the UK welfare state, single parent families hovered around the 1-2 perentile until the 1960's and that includes families where one parent has died.

Number of children in poverty surges by 100,000 in one year

The number of children in poverty across the UK has surged by 100,000 in a year, new figures show, prompting calls for ministers to urgently review cuts to child welfare.

Government statistics published on Thursday show 4.1 million children are now living in relative poverty after household costs, compared with four million the previous year, accounting for more than 30 per cent of children in the country.

Compared to the overall population, children remained the most likely to be in relative poverty, at almost one in three compared with 21 per cent of working age adults and 16 per cent of pensioners.

Correct! Right wing Tory government ideological "austerity" policies cutting child welfare have had a disasterous effect on child poverty in this country.

So back to my previous reply to your

...teenage mothers raising young males without fathers

Prove it.

You guys can blame the Torries all you want....single teenage women having children drives the crime and violence rates...but keep denying it as gun crime and violent crime increase in Britain....

...So nobody really knows how many guns there are here, or how many of us own them. But the answer is A LOT..

Interesting. So if that's the case how can you possibly assert that:

"17.25 million Americans carry guns. Gun murder in U.S. down 49% since 1990s.
17.25 million Americans carry guns. Gun crime in U.S. down 75% since 1990s.
17 .25 million Americans carry guns. Violent crime down 72% since the 1990s."

Clearly you are making things up to pursue your NRA schill agenda; sorry you are not convincing anyone.

You guys can blame the Torries all you want....single teenage women having children drives the crime and violence rates...but keep denying it as gun crime and violent crime increase in Britain...

Once again, prove it.

ever notice whenever there's a horrific act of gun violence like the shooting at the Hospital yesterday, TwoTinyGuy shows up to tell us that the UK is a bad place?
Doctors should be armed.
It's the only sensible thing to do.
I think that the gun nuts want the patients to be armed as well.What a mess.
They have to start taking some personal responsibility for their own safety and for those in the next bed.

Fewer Americans own guns now.
You must know this...you have so many statistics to hand.
It's just that gun owners own more guns each.

Yes...the theory that 2 guys in Idaho are the only guys buying guns now......

And the truth....from NBC no less...

And the fact is that more Americans aren't sharing their ownership of guns with anonymous pollsters...especially gun owners who know that after Sandy Hook left wing, democrat jouranlists tried to post the names of gun owners in their papers...allowing criminals to have shopping lists for theft and murder of gun owners.......

NBC Poll: Does Gun Ownership Increase Or Decrease Safety? Anti-Gun Activists Won't Like The Results.

nearly 6 in 10 Americans believe that getting guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens increases safety.

"In the poll, 58 percent agree with the statement that gun ownership does more to increase safety by allowing law-abiding citizens to protect themselves," NBC News reports. "By contrast, 38 percent say that gun ownership reduces safety by giving too many people access to firearms, increasing the chances for accidental misuse."

------

NBC notes that the overall result is a "reversal" of the findings of a 1999 survey that found that 52 percent of respondents believed gun ownership reduced safety. The more positive perspective on gun ownership is partly reflected in gun ownership trends: "47 percent of American adults say they have a firearm in the household, which is up from 44 percent in 1999."

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN

An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and Rockland counties has infuriated many readers since it was posted Saturday on a newspaper's website.
The map, published by The Journal News, allows readers to zoom in on red dots that indicate which residents are licensed to own pistols or revolvers. It had prompted more than 1,700 comments as of Wednesday morning.
-------

Still, hundreds of residents were shocked to see their information posted without their being notified. Some said the map would prompt burglaries because thieves are now aware of where weapons might be found.
"Now everyone knows where the legal guns are kept, a valuable piece of information for criminals," a commenter wrote. "Why don't you do something helpful, like trying to find out where the illegal guns are kept?"
Ah...so that means that you're just guessing about the number of people that own guns.

I am using the same thing you do, research from left wing news sites..... and it says 47%..... and gun owners are now more likely to keep their gun owning a secret from pollsters...which means that number is likely low, as the biggest growth areas in gun ownership are women and minorities, two groups that in the past have been low in ownership rates.....but that is changing.
So you're guessing.

Here....a more detailed look at how many gun owners are in the U.S....

The 2nd Amendment is Obsolete, Says Congressman Who Wants To Nuke Omaha

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m a novelist now, but I retired from the Evil Military Industrial Complex, where I helped maintain those various advanced weapon systems you expect to bomb me with. Before that I was a gun dealer and firearms instructor. So basically I sold guns to the people you expect the people I trained to take them from.
-------

Nobody really knows how many people in America own guns, or how many guns are here. The estimates range wildly. I’ve noticed a trend over recent years of the news media trying to minimize that number, to make it seem like it’s actually a very low percentage of Americans who own firearms, a fading cultural anomaly if you will, and to explain the one to two million new backgrounds checks done every month for new purchases, a handful of us just own a few hundred guns each.

Uh huh…. Sure.

While trying to make gun ownership seem like an oddball thing, I’ve seen the media come up with some truly silly estimates about the total number of guns in this country.

The one that was going around earlier this year was really easy to debunk, because they used the number of NICS checks… Problem is, it didn’t take into account the millions guns sold before that (and they never really wear out), the fact that one NICS check can be used to buy multiples at a time, and that many US states (including the gun nuttiest) use their own state background check system, and don’t report to that federal number. Oh yeah, with advances in cheap machining, making your own guns at home has become increasingly popular.

When pollsters call to ask us if and how many guns we own—we think about things like a congressmen talking about nuking us—and immediately lie our asses off. The biggest recurring joke in the gun community is that I don’t own any guns, because I lost them all in a freak canoe accident.

So nobody really knows how many guns there are here, or how many of us own them. But the answer is A LOT.

Recently the WaPo ran an article called Americans Vastly Overestimate the Number of Gun Owners. As with most WaPo articles, it was about 90% bullshit, but they are claiming that only 20 to 30 percent of Americans own guns. That may sound plausible if you live in Manhattan, but out here in flyover country, that’s downright laughable, but anyways, to make the idea of mass gun confiscation as plausible as possible, let’s run with that rosy figure. We’ll even take the lower one of 20%. (snort)

Too bad America has over a third of a billion people, because even the unrealistic figure of 20% of 325 million is still a whopping 65 MILLION people. That’s about the same as the entire population of France. That’s about the same as the population of Great Britain, only with 500 times the firepower. Good thing we didn’t go with that 30%, because now the number is way bigger than the population of Germany (and you know what a pain beating them last time was!). Or ironically, about three times the population of Iraq.

It’s kind of funny, when it comes to us adopting social or economic programs, the left is always comparing the US to Denmark, which has the population of LA county, and that’s totally not apples and oranges, but declaring war on a percentage of the American population bigger than most nation states? That’s no biggie.
Like I said...you're guessing.
"A lot" isn't a real number.

Here's another FACT......
Most gun crime is committed by NON RIGHT WING people.
Only a complete fool would even attempt to deny that.

The VAST majority of gun crimes are committed by you Leftist.
In a twisted way, it's no wonder you blame the guns, you're too egotistical to call it like it is and blame yourselves....even when the evidence is staring you right in the face.

Again...GUNS are not the problem....defective, unbalanced leftist mentality and the enormous rise in social problems associated with it is THE PROBLEM.

Don't even TRY it.....
Number of Deaths Due to Firearms per 100,000 Population by Race/Ethnicity

Last edited:
A hypothetical Island, with a freely available stockpile of 5,000 guns of various types and 100,000 rounds of ammunition for those guns. NO PEOPLE yet.

As odd is it is to the Left, ZERO gun deaths will occur. (Proves guns cannot kill without people present)

Now Add a population of 1000 Conservative right wing Bible thumpers.....Statistics prove shootings are unlikely. Not impossible, but statistically unlikely.

Now remove all the Right Wing conservatives and replace them with all Left wing, Democrat, progressives and the criminals they harbor and provide sanctuary to.

What are the odds that anyone would survive? Statistically, it would quickly become a war zone.

Here's another FACT......

Prove it.

Analysis | The surprising way gun violence is dividing America

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.

The Democrats, and the Media are using "gun violence" (actually people violence, but I digress) as another way to divide the nation, the same way they use IDENTITY POLITICS.

ever notice whenever there's a horrific act of gun violence like the shooting at the Hospital yesterday, TwoTinyGuy shows up to tell us that the UK is a bad place?
Doctors should be armed.
It's the only sensible thing to do.
I think that the gun nuts want the patients to be armed as well.What a mess.
They have to start taking some personal responsibility for their own safety and for those in the next bed.
If you are laying out a lot of money for healthcareyou should expect the hospital to send you home without gun wounds. Thats just good service.

answer the question:
why is UK's murder rate 4 times lower?
or France's/Germany's?

Tell me why NH has a murder rate more than 4 times lower than CA despite CA having the harshest gun laws in the country
very bad, terrible comparison--WRONG
......anyone that graduated high school science/math knows for a hypothesis to be valid/etc using comparisons, the test subjects have be comparable/etc--ETC
..NH population 1.3 million
..Cali 39 million with twice the density

that's why
AND the laws are not federal

Funny how you talk about education yet you do not understand ratios

The murder RATE is murders per 100,00 it matters not if you compare different states because the RATIO accounts for population size

But if I didn't understand ratios and used your argument then your comparison of murder rates between the UK and the US is invalidated because the UK has a population od 66 million and the US has a population of 350 million

And no the laws are not federal which is why the comparison between states is relevant.

There are 23 states that have murder RATES less than CA and CA has the harshest gun laws in the country so if gun laws actually lowered murder rates then CA would have the lowest rate in the country and NH would have a much higher murder rate.

Our murder rate is driven by relatively few very distinct areas in the country that are ultra violent. These areas are those that are historically plagued by segregation, poverty, unemployment , underemployment, substandard education, crime, drugs and gangs.

70% of all murders occur in these areas which tend to be inner city neighborhoods that exist in very small areas of just 2% of all the counties in the US.

We do not have a gun problem. We have a cancer in our inner cities that breeds enough violence and murder so as to skew the rates for the entire country
wrong--
they are not comparable
density is twice as much
population much more
LA, NYCity and Chi population density MUCH more than STL
you expect more problems with higher density--but we see STL has more problems

• Population density and degree of urbanization.
Variables Affecting Crime

answer the question:
or France's/Germany's?

Tell me why NH has a murder rate more than 4 times lower than CA despite CA having the harshest gun laws in the country
......anyone that graduated high school science/math knows for a hypothesis to be valid/etc using comparisons, the test subjects have be comparable/etc--ETC

that's why

The murder RATE is murders per 100,00 it matters not if you compare different states because the RATIO accounts for population size

But if I didn't understand ratios and used your argument then your comparison of murder rates between the UK and the US is invalidated because the UK has a population od 66 million and the US has a population of 350 million

And no the laws are not federal which is why the comparison between states is relevant.

There are 23 states that have murder RATES less than CA and CA has the harshest gun laws in the country so if gun laws actually lowered murder rates then CA would have the lowest rate in the country and NH would have a much higher murder rate.

Our murder rate is driven by relatively few very distinct areas in the country that are ultra violent. These areas are those that are historically plagued by segregation, poverty, unemployment , underemployment, substandard education, crime, drugs and gangs.

70% of all murders occur in these areas which tend to be inner city neighborhoods that exist in very small areas of just 2% of all the counties in the US.

We do not have a gun problem. We have a cancer in our inner cities that breeds enough violence and murder so as to skew the rates for the entire country
also, France, Great Britain, and Germany--lower murder rates
the numbers are too large and right there to argue

Gun crime is going down in the U.S. it is going up in the U.K........
You do understand statistics I assume?
A small increase in numbers from a small base will be a large increase in percentage.
E.g. if you have five murders in one year...then six murders the following year...what is the percentage increase?
Gun crime is going down in the U.S. it is going up in the U.K........
I count 8 firearm deaths in the UK in the year to March 2017.

Homicide in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics

Yes...you focus on gun murder which has always, always been low in Britain even when they had access to guns.....it was always lower than here...you focus on that because you have to hide the fact that criminals in Britain are getting more guns...illegal guns, and they are using them for crime....currently, they are not using them for murder....but they are getting more guns and using them in increasing levels for crime against unarmed civilians....with a police force hamstrung by policies straight from our democrat party play book....cut manpower, cut the money, cripple them with P.C. policies....

"even when they had access to guns", like they don't have access to guns.

We've done this before so many fucking times. THEY HAVE GUNS.

What's DIFFERENT is that access is LIMITED and RESTRICTED whereas in the US it isn't.

The issue here is that there are more guns than before, the Yardies brought in guns for the first real time. Gun murders WENT UP.

Homicide - Office for National Statistics

You can look on this interactive map and see. April 2002 to March 2003 was the highest murder rate. It got up to 1.7 murders per 100,000 people. Massively lower than the US's rate. This is for England and Wales rather than the UK.

By April 2014-March 2015 this has dropped to 0.9, nearly half.

That's with guns being in the country. So why did the murder rate go down?

Better policing, the left wing Labour Party increased spending on the police force.

You know what's changed since then? The right wing Tory Party reducing spending on policing.

The murder rate is going up. But by 2017 it was 10.7.

So, the murder rate fluctuates, and it often fluctuates based on police spending and the like. But the UK is more likely to deal with the problems from every aspect, social, economic etc, whereas in the US politicians ignore all the problems, and people like you do too.
The regular point that 2aguy makes is that gun laws don't prevent gun crimes 100% so should be scrapped.
The answer just writes itself.
Why have drug laws, abortion laws, immigration laws...?

The point that 2Aguy makes is that he's an absolute fraud and "fake news" reporter.

No, gun laws don't stop things 100%, who said they do?

The UK's murder rate is 4 time or more lower than the US's. A rise in crime is inevitable as is a drop in crime at other times. That's what happens in life.

The fraud is trying to claim that a rise is worse than a drop in crime and murders, REGARDLESS of what the rate is in the first place. This is just ridiculous.

to repeat your point…

The UK's murder rate is 4 time or more lower than the US's. A rise in crime is inevitable as is a drop in crime at other times. That's what happens in life.

You do understand statistics I assume?
A small increase in numbers from a small base will be a large increase in percentage.
E.g. if you have five murders in one year...then six murders the following year...what is the percentage increase?
I count 8 firearm deaths in the UK in the year to March 2017.

Yes...you focus on gun murder which has always, always been low in Britain even when they had access to guns.....it was always lower than here...you focus on that because you have to hide the fact that criminals in Britain are getting more guns...illegal guns, and they are using them for crime....currently, they are not using them for murder....but they are getting more guns and using them in increasing levels for crime against unarmed civilians....with a police force hamstrung by policies straight from our democrat party play book....cut manpower, cut the money, cripple them with P.C. policies....

"even when they had access to guns", like they don't have access to guns.

We've done this before so many fucking times. THEY HAVE GUNS.

What's DIFFERENT is that access is LIMITED and RESTRICTED whereas in the US it isn't.

The issue here is that there are more guns than before, the Yardies brought in guns for the first real time. Gun murders WENT UP.

Homicide - Office for National Statistics

You can look on this interactive map and see. April 2002 to March 2003 was the highest murder rate. It got up to 1.7 murders per 100,000 people. Massively lower than the US's rate. This is for England and Wales rather than the UK.

By April 2014-March 2015 this has dropped to 0.9, nearly half.

That's with guns being in the country. So why did the murder rate go down?

Better policing, the left wing Labour Party increased spending on the police force.

You know what's changed since then? The right wing Tory Party reducing spending on policing.

The murder rate is going up. But by 2017 it was 10.7.

So, the murder rate fluctuates, and it often fluctuates based on police spending and the like. But the UK is more likely to deal with the problems from every aspect, social, economic etc, whereas in the US politicians ignore all the problems, and people like you do too.
The regular point that 2aguy makes is that gun laws don't prevent gun crimes 100% so should be scrapped.
The answer just writes itself.
Why have drug laws, abortion laws, immigration laws...?

The point that 2Aguy makes is that he's an absolute fraud and "fake news" reporter.

The fraud is trying to claim that a rise is worse than a drop in crime and murders, REGARDLESS of what the rate is in the first place. This is just ridiculous.

to repeat your point…

No...we are not talking about a rise and a drop, we are not talking "don't stop 100%" ...we are talking a steady increase in gun crime in Britain, after they took guns away from law abiding, good people....more violence as well..... meanwhile, we had a massive decrease in gun and violent crime as more people own and carry guns over the last 25 years.......

answer the question:
or France's/Germany's?

that's why

also, France, Great Britain, and Germany--lower murder rates
the numbers are too large and right there to argue

Yes.... because their criminals don't murder their victims...a different mind set....guns are easily acquired in France...in fact, fully automatic military rifles are a status symbol for French criminals, they just don't commit murder with them......

You guys have to hide behind the murder rate because the increasing gun crime shows taking guns away from law abiding people does not decrease the gun crime rate...

France....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/02/gun-control-in-europe-is-almost-total-it-hasnt-stopped-mass-shooting-attacks-like-las-vegas.html

You heard that right: Countries such as France may have made all semi-automatic guns illegal, but that hasn’t stopped killers from getting fully automatic machine guns to use in mass shooting attacks.
All four of the 2015 mass public shooting in France involved machine guns, including the 130 people killed in November of that year in multiple attacks including one at a concert venue.
=====
Hundreds of guns, grenades, ammo seized from French sports shop owner

Hundreds of assault rifles, shotguns, and pistols, along with hand grenades and 100 kilos of ammunition, have been confiscated from a sports shop owner in the northern French port town of Boulogne-sur-Mer.

In total, 488 guns, 13 grenades, 1,309 weapons parts, and more than 100 kilos of cartridges and ammunition were seized, customs officials said in a statement.

France’s real gun problem

Despite these strict laws, France seems to be awash with guns. The guns used in high-profile terror attacks are really just the tip of the iceberg. In 2012, French authorities estimated that there were around 30,000 guns illegally in the country, many likely used by gangs for criminal activities. Of those guns, around 4,000 were likely to be "war weapons," Le Figaro reported, referring to items such as the Kalashnikov AK-variant rifles and Uzis. Statistics from the National Observatory for Delinquency, a government body created in 2003, suggest that the number of guns in France has grown by double digits every year.

The attackers who hit Paris on Friday were clearly armed to the teeth. During raids conducted by French authorities over the weekend, more weapons have been found — including a rocket launcher, according to some unconfirmed reports.

Marseilles gangland violence claims fourth victim in 2 days - France - RFI

A man was shot dead Monday in Marseille, bringing to 11 the number of people killed in gun violence since the start of the year in the crime-ridden southern French port, rescue workers said.
A man in his 50s was killed by gunshots to the chest after several shots were fired in the car park of a social housing building.
He was killed two days after a triple homicide.
On Saturday, three men were killed while watching a football match at a cafe with friends, with investigators suspecting a settling of scores in a drug-related affair.
Nineteen people were killed in gun violence in the city in the whole of last year.
Shootings are a regular occurrence in Marseille.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve has said 6,000 weapons a year were being seized from criminal groups in Marseille, of which 1,200 were combat rifles and other weapons of war.
-------------------------

Paris attacks highlight France's gun control problems

The arsenal of weapons deployed by the eight attackers who terrorised Paris on Friday night underlined France’s gun control problems and raised the spectre of further attacks.

The country has extremely strict weapons laws, but Europe’s open borders and growing trade in illegal weapons means assault rifles are relatively easy to come by on the black market.

Belgium....

Running guns to the heart of Europe: 'Need a Kalashnikov in Belgium? No problem'

But for all the new resolve of the European Union to tighten borders and close loopholes in laws that already effectively ban private ownership of rapid-fire assault weapons, Nemac, Milan and a jaded Serbian policeman doubt it can end the trade.

The Serbian police officer, who is involved in counter-trafficking operations, said investigators uncovered maybe a third of shipments at best. The problem was the sheer volume of weapons, he explained, recounting a tale of a man who told customs officers at Serbia's border with the EU that he was a musician and had nothing to declare but his old accordion.--
-----

Indeed, there is some irony that Brussels, self-styled "capital" of the European Union and also home to the NATO military alliance, has become a marketplace for such hardware.

"If you have 500 to 1,000 euros you can get a military weapon within half an hour," said Bilal Benyaich, an expert on Islamist radicals at the city's Itinera Institute think-tank.

Somewhere in Europe?

http://time.com/3687334/arms-smuggling-europe-balkans/

But although the police quickly traced the weapons source in the Paris attacks, stopping criminals and other jihadist cells in Europe from acquiring assault weapons for further attacks might not be so easy, according to police officials.

French police believe rifles are on sale in French cities for between €1,000 and €1,500. Earlier this month, Philippe Capon, head of the French police union UNSA, told Bloomberg News, “The French black market for weapons has been inundated with eastern European war artillery and arms.” A French police source told TIME that the weapons from the Charlie Hebdoattack came from the Balkans.

That is not the only source of weaponry. Donald says he fears that the continent might be facing a fresh influx of weapons from North Africa in the wake of the Arab Spring revolts. In August, 2011, Libyan rebels looted large quantities of mortars, tank shells and other munitions when Moammar Gaddafi’s regime collapsed. Although most of those weapons are believed to have filtered across North and West Africa, some could also have made their way to Europe.

The arms traffickers have flourished in the absence of well-financed antiweapons units in Europe, where law enforcement has for years tended to plow money into stopping drug-dealing and other crimes. “We don’t fully understand the scale of the problem because we have not had specialized units,” says Donald, referring to law-enforcement agencies in different E.U. countries. “It is a question of priorities. Any police officer will tell you it [resources] is a constant struggle.”

The trade in illegal weapons can earn enormous profits for organized criminal gangs — enough to make the risk of capture worthwhile. Donald says recent investigations have found arms traffickers investing about €30,000 in a shipment of Balkan-era weapons, refurbishing them in their garages, then selling them for them for about 10 times the price. “That’s a huge mark-up,” he says.

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

answer the question:
or France's/Germany's?

that's why

wrong--
they are not comparable
density is twice as much
population much more
LA, NYCity and Chi population density MUCH more than STL
you expect more problems with higher density--but we see STL has more problems

• Population density and degree of urbanization.
Variables Affecting Crime

You have been shown that the problem in St. Louis is not normal, law abiding gun owners. The problem in St. Louis is that the democrats have contolled that city for 49 years and keep letting violent gun criminals out of jail, the ones actually shooting people but with illegal guns....

New York had Rudy Guilliiani and his police commissioner actually arresting criminals and their policies are still in place....Chicago has had democrats in control for close to 100 years, and they too have a revolving door for gun criminals...since the criminals often work hand in hand with the city government....

Rise in Murders Has St. Louis Debating Why

Jennifer M. Joyce, the city’s circuit attorney, or prosecutor, an elected position, complains that in St. Louis, the illegal possession of a gun is too often “a crime without a consequence,” making it difficult to stop confrontation from turning lethal.

At the same time, deeper social roots of violence such as addiction and unemployment continue unchecked. And city officials also cite what they call a “Ferguson effect,” an increase in crime last year as police officers were diverted to control protests after a white officer shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager in the nearby suburb on Aug. 9.

-----------

Now, an overstretched department is forced to pick one neighborhood at a time to flood with officers. Last month, Chief Dotson even asked the state highway patrol if it could lend a dozen men to help watch downtown streets; the agency declined.
----
When the police discover a gun in a car with several passengers, including some with felony records, but no one admits to owning the gun, criminal charges are often impossible, Mr. Rosenfeld said.

In addition, according to a 2014 study by Mr. Rosenfeld and his colleagues, a majority of those who are convicted of illegally possessing a gun but not caught using it in a crime receive probation rather than jail time. Gun laws and enforcement are stiffer in many other cities.

Violence down in St. Louis but homicides hold steady. Are tougher penalties for gun crimes the answer?

But many challenges remain, official said. The department is still down more than 130 officers. Witnesses to crimes remain reluctant to come forward for fear of retaliation, making it difficult to close cases. And a lack of state laws to deter gun crimes has forced the police to turn to federal courts to indict some suspects.

On Tuesday, Edwards made a new pitch: He wants to see the mandatory minimum sentence for armed criminal action raised from its current ceiling of three years to at least 15 years for nonfatal shootings, and 25 years for fatal shootings.

=

Forum List

Back