Gun owner shoots car thief dead, no charges filed

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
UPDATE: Subject in fatal thruway shooting will not be charged

This is from my local news. I've ridden on that road myself many times, in fact I just drove down this road about 2 hours ago. The guy was parked on the side of the road with him on the side of it and someone came up and tried to steal his truck. A fight ensued and the owner of the truck shot the attacker dead. No charges will be filed.

Notice two things:

1. The guy was on the side of the road yet when his truck was going to be stolen, he fought back. No need to retreat.

2. When he shot, he shot to kill.

Louisiana is a no-retreat state. You DO NOT have to run even if you can and you can shoot to defend property, your car is considered an extension of your home.

UPDATE: Subject in fatal thruway shooting will not be charged

This is from my local news. I've ridden on that road myself many times, in fact I just drove down this road about 2 hours ago. The guy was parked on the side of the road with him on the side of it and someone came up and tried to steal his truck. A fight ensued and the owner of the truck shot the attacker dead. No charges will be filed.

Notice two things:

1. The guy was on the side of the road yet when his truck was going to be stolen, he fought back. No need to retreat.

2. When he shot, he shot to kill.

Louisiana is a no-retreat state. You DO NOT have to run even if you can and you can shoot to defend property, your car is considered an extension of your home.
as long as it checks out I don't think anyone is going to have a problem with this...I do believe though that some on the left do not believe this crime rises to the level of smoking cigarettes where they can see you...hey there's and idea, lets make a federal law that says if you can escape cigarette smoke you cannot complain about it...let them see how ridiculous their own idea is.

Last edited:
From the report:
• The alleged robber and the vehicle owner engaged a “violent struggle,” and during that struggle, the owner’s gun fired, and the alleged robber was fatally wounded. •
==

I love the part of the report that uses passive voice and says: “the owner’s gun fired.” As if the fucking gun had a mind of its own. Lol...

Glad the truck owner is okay. There’s one more worthless scumbag who won’t be stealing from other people in the future. And as a bonus, taxpayers won’t have to pay for his room and board for the next five years, since he won’t be stinking up a prison cell.

Yea I noticed that too I thought it was funny.

The gun fired, like it hopped out of it's concealed holster, cocked itself and shot itself at this guy. Like an attack dog.....SICK EM!!!!!

Forum List

Back