Gun rights are necessary - gun obsession is not

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.

I bought three this week. :)

So far. ;)

Here's two of them.

"Paratrooper" SKS.....Look at the pre-Clinton ban evil bayonet.....Oh my, so scary.

p 002 (2).JPG

1971 Ruger MK I Target pistol.

p 003 (3).JPG

The other was just a parts SKS I brought up to snuff and consigned.

Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.
Most people "obsessed" with guns are just collecting them --- they've got money, why not?

Shoooooooo --- as my husband said yesterday, we could invade Delaware!

Joking, joking. :stir:

anti gun people are kind of obsessed with them too....

You are correct, but it isn't the gun owners who are obsessed.

It is the gun grabbers who are obsessed with guns. They want them gone, period. No other solution is ever considered, and the hatred just flies across the pages of our newsprint, and the raging and redfaced frothing across our screens.

They are even calling for the repeal of the 2nd when it isn't even a gun problem.

The problem is that you’re looking for a Minority Report solution that’s devoid of legal merit – it isn’t illegal to be obsessed with guns, there is no legal consensus as to what constitutes obsession, and even if enacted, such a law or laws would be impossible to enforce – in addition to not being able to pass Constitutional muster.

Do you really believe the government can protect you from the bad guys? All law enforcement agencies operate in a clean-up rather than a prevention capacity. People kill other people; the cops swoop in to clean-up the mess and hunt down the guilty party. Further, no gun law imaginable will protect you or anyone else from people who don't follow laws in the first place.

Speed limit signs deter no one who speeds and causes car accidents.

Further gun laws would serve only as shackles around the feet of people who choose to obey the law, and in doing so, are often left unprepared to defend themselves or the ones they love because the law told them they couldn't carry, or keep ready or own in the first place.

I bought three this week. :)

So far. ;)

Here's two of them.

"Paratrooper" SKS.....Look at the pre-Clinton ban evil bayonet.....Oh my, so scary.

View attachment 650654

1971 Ruger MK I Target pistol.

View attachment 650655

The other was just a parts SKS I brought up to snuff and consigned.
Is this the type of peron who should be brought to the attention of law enforcement. The mass killer in Texas braged about buying guns on social media before killing 21. It is one thing to buy guns. It is another thing to brag about it. Most mass shooters bragged about the guns thet had.

Do you really believe the government can protect you from the bad guys? All law enforcement agencies operate in a clean-up rather than a prevention capacity. People kill other people; the cops swoop in to clean-up the mess and hunt down the guilty party. Further, no gun law imaginable will protect you or anyone else from people who don't follow laws in the first place.

Speed limit signs deter no one who speeds and causes car accidents.

Further gun laws would serve only as shackles around the feet of people who choose to obey the law, and in doing so, are often left unprepared to defend themselves or the ones they love because the law told them they couldn't carry, or keep ready or own in the first place.
Regulations minimize infractions they do not eliminate them. Try taking all speed limits off highways and see what happens.

Every time Progs talk it is not the left that loses.

Is this the type of peron who should be brought to the attention of law enforcement. The mass killer in Texas braged about buying guns on social media before killing 21. It is one thing to buy guns. It is another thing to brag about it. Most mass shooters bragged about the guns thet had.
LOL....Drama much?

Hell, half the PD in town has came by at one time or another to have me trouble shoot a weapon for them. I'm glad to help them out as long as they pay for any needed parts if I don't have any on-hand.

It's usually just simple stuff that a real gunsmith would charge them $75 a hour for......That and it gives me something to do that I enjoy in my retirement.

It was the same thing when I was a young man and did not know my way around guns much....Our former Chief of Police (long passed) was a fair gunsmith so I would take stuff there for him to work on and watch/learn from him......I guess I'm just sort of paying it forward. ;)

Every mass shooter is already breaking multiple laws but you advocate more laws for them to ignore.
How many new rules do you think it will take to eliminate the psychos in our society?
Who decides what is an "obsession"?
Is it the number of guns?
The calibers or actions?
Are large capacity magazines to much?
Posting pics or simply mentioning them online?
Or is it just anything that makes you personally uncomfortable?

Try to absorb this comment without the influence of feelings.
Politicians(government) will never be able to protect you and yours. The only one that can do that is you.

Try to absorb this comment without the influence of feelings.
Politicians(government) will never be able to protect you and yours. The only one that can do that is you.
I agree. And I want to work with other sane people for common sense regulations and we will take it from there.

Every mass shooter is already breaking multiple laws but you advocate more laws for them to ignore.
How many new rules do you think it will take to eliminate the psychos in our society?
Who decides what is an "obsession"?
Is it the number of guns?
The calibers or actions?
Are large capacity magazines to much?
Posting pics or simply mentioning them online?
Or is it just anything that makes you personally uncomfortable?
Real world has shown us was is too little. 90% of the US want universal background checks. Why not. It will stop all but it will stop some, maybe most. Something has to be done. Thoughts and prayers are not working.

LOL....Drama much?

Hell, half the PD in town has came by at one time or another to have me trouble shoot a weapon for them. I'm glad to help them out as long as they pay for any needed parts if I don't have any on-hand.

It's usually just simple stuff that a real gunsmith would charge them $75 a hour for......That and it gives me something to do that I enjoy in my retirement.

It was the same thing when I was a young man and did not know my way around guns much....Our former Chief of Police (long passed) was a fair gunsmith so I would take stuff there for him to work on and watch/learn from him......I guess I'm just sort of paying it forward. ;)
You should be working for common sense solutions that will include common sense regulations.
You are posting like the crazy mass killers. Where do you think they get it from.
Guns are a tool not a badge.
Too many dumbass adults are showing kids that guns will make the strong, make them tough, will take care of the people that cross them.
People are doing it on this site.
It is sick and crazy.

Forum List

Back