"Gun show" "loophole"? Please explain.

The loophole is allowing non licensed sellers to sell with no background check. It is not specific to gun shows, but gun shows are one very visible place where a large amount of gun sales are completed with no background checks or records kept as are required by licensed dealers.

Many deals happen in one place on one day.

However....100x more happen in the ghetto....all day every day

The "ghetto loop hole" pours more private deal guns onto the streets than gun shows ever will. And....to people far more likely to use them wrongfully.

Sure, thugs use the loophole every day. Would you feel better by blaming it on black people? Here's a deal for you. Do away with it, and you can call it anything you want.

Who said anything about black people?

YOU FUCKING RACIST.....so do you assume only black people live in the ghetto? Or that all black people's neighborhoods are shitty ghettos??????

I'll be sure to not what racial bias you showed.

You do that sweetlips.

Sure, thugs use the loophole every day. Would you feel better by blaming it on black people? Here's a deal for you. Do away with it, and you can call it anything you want.
God damn! There's no law that says you can't sell your lawnmower to your neighbor without government permission. Is it a loophole if you do?

The loophole is allowing non licensed sellers to sell with no background check. It is not specific to gun shows, but gun shows are one very visible place where a large amount of gun sales are completed with no background checks or records kept as are required by licensed dealers.

The "ghetto loop hole" pours more private deal guns onto the streets than gun shows ever will. And....to people far more likely to use them wrongfully.

Sure, thugs use the loophole every day.
1537610_1437035899865970_2034030888_o.png

Really? take me to this "loophole", so I can see it for myself.

Thank you.

Who said anything about black people?

YOU FUCKING RACIST.....so do you assume only black people live in the ghetto? Or that all black people's neighborhoods are shitty ghettos??????

I'll be sure to not what racial bias you showed.
I know that about 13% of the population commits about 70% of the violent crimes in the country and the REAL issue, which no one honestly gives a shit about, including 'Bonobo', when it comes to gun related crimes is Black on Black crime/murder and having lived in a couple of the most violent shitholes in Chicagoland I KNOW who lives there.
About 90% of illegal guns on the street are in the hands of negroes. Address this issue and leave honest peace loving law abiding people who have or want to purchase of legal gun ALONE! They aren't the problem.
I don't give a fuck what you call me BTW.
You want to witness 'racism'? Go into any negro ghetto in any inner city in the country and listen to what the negroes call each other literally every second word.
This 'gun loophole' bullshit is a fucking smokescreen and a MYTH created by gun-grabber LIB pyjama-boy pansies to currently deflect from Hillary the chronic liar and grifter.
If the shooter had been a 'young negro man' the media and BLM would be falling over themselves making excuses for the thug.
Just like they always do.

Last edited:
The loophole is allowing non licensed sellers to sell with no background check.
So... there's nothing in the law that allows you to legally circumvent the requirements of the law.
Where's the "loophole"?
It is not specific to gun shows...
As this "loophole" exists for every private sale everywhere in the country, would you say that the "gun show" descriptor is best described as misleading, or dishonest?

Yes. I pointed that out to him.

These private sales happen all day every day in the ghetto. Guns get traded and sold there 100x more often than gun shows.

Libs just hate gun shows. They hate everything about them.

They start calling it the "ghetto loophole" and I'll start taking it serious.

Ignorant and dumb. I have lots of guns and go to gun shows all the time. I see you are willing to recognize that many people who shouldn't get guns are able to because of that flaw in the law only if you can blame it on black people. OK if that's what it takes.

Criminals steal guns, get someone with a clean record to buy their guns for them or get them from someone else who used the methods described……there is no way to stop either method…even if you install alleged universal background checks. The best way to stop illegal gun sales…catch criminals using guns, and get them to turn on whoever gave or sold them the gun…just like any other crime.

That is how we just stopped a gun trafficker in Chicago..he came to town with 43 guns to sell to criminals and an informant ratted him out……

The real problem in the gun control debate…….the trafficker…was only sentenced to 3 years…he will be out in less than 2.

If you want to get private sellers selling to criminals…that is easy…you send in undercover police officers to make purchases letting the seller know they can't pass background checks…if the sell the gun….you arrest them…..simple and easy…and you don't bother normal gun owners when you do it.

God damn! There's no law that says you can't sell your lawnmower to your neighbor without government permission. Is it a loophole if you do?

Or your computer….should you be required to do a criminal background check when you sell your computer to make sure you aren't selling it to a computer criminal? Or your car to a convicted bank robber, or someone with a DUI….

Guns just set the nutters off……..

The police can catch sellers who break the law using existing police techniques and existing laws……they just have to direct their efforts to do it..then prosecutors and judges have to sentence them to long jail terms….

Or your computer….should you be required to do a criminal background check when you sell your computer to make sure you aren't selling it to a computer criminal? Or your car to a convicted bank robber, or someone with a DUI….

Guns just set the nutters off……..

The police can catch sellers who break the law using existing police techniques and existing laws……they just have to direct their efforts to do it..then prosecutors and judges have to sentence them to long jail terms….
Good point.
The cops could arrest anyone who sells a gun illegally at a gun show by using undercover cops.
BUT this isn't happening. Why not?

Federal law requiring background checks for firearms purchases apply everywhere in the US.
There is no legal way to avoid the background check specified by that law.

How is there "loophole" in the law?
How is that "loophole" specific to gun shows?

Please try to respond w/o resorting to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Were loopholes at the Cow Palace gun show I bought my .45 at in San Francisco once upon a time. Because it was classified a curios, it wasn't subject to a waiting period. Went right home with it. Took it the range to wring it out, then discovered 50+ year old firearms don't handle modern JHP ammo very well getting repeated stovepipe jams. While I got really good at clearing them, I had to have a gunsmith 'modernize' it. After that, it worked fine.

Federal law requiring background checks for firearms purchases apply everywhere in the US.
There is no legal way to avoid the background check specified by that law.

How is there "loophole" in the law?
How is that "loophole" specific to gun shows?

Please try to respond w/o resorting to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Were loopholes at the Cow Palace gun show I bought my .45 at in San Francisco once upon a time. Because it was classified a curios, it wasn't subject to a waiting period. Went right home with it. Took it the range to wring it out, then discovered 50+ year old firearms don't handle modern JHP ammo very well getting repeated stovepipe jams. While I got really good at clearing them, I had to have a gunsmith 'modernize' it. After that, it worked fine.
That's not a loophole in the federal law requiring background checks, however..
You can get a C+R FFL that allows you to interstate transfer and USPS ship any firearm that is at least 50 years old.

Once upon a time there were no background checks, period. You could mail order a gun. 1911 were not originally designed for anything but FMJ ammo, hollow points came along much later. Looks like you found out the hard way.

So... there's nothing in the law that allows you to legally circumvent the requirements of the law.
Where's the "loophole"?
As this "loophole" exists for every private sale everywhere in the country, would you say that the "gun show" descriptor is best described as misleading, or dishonest?

These private sales happen all day every day in the ghetto. Guns get traded and sold there 100x more often than gun shows.

Exactly that.

Closing the "gun show loophole" would prevent private sales on gun show, while still not covering privates ales in ghettos. Maybe that's what they want?

Where's the "loophole"?

Exactly that.

Closing the "gun show loophole" would prevent private sales on gun show, while still not covering privates ales in ghettos. Maybe that's what they want?

Gun grabbers are like snakes…they slowly constrict the life our of our rights….

In the case of guns…they know that universal background checks will not stop criminals from getting guns from private sellers at gun shows….since all they have to do is get someone with a clean record to get the gun for them from the private seller….just like they do now.

What they want to do…..once they implement universal background checks, and mass shootings still happen and criminals still get guns and murder people….then they will come back for universal gun registry….they will say…obviously you can't have universal background checks without universal registry……and then they will get that…and mass shooters and criminals will still get guns…and then on to the next constriction of our Right…...

There is an easy way to keep felons out of gun stores, gun shows and to prevent private direct sales to felons……when they are convicted of their crimes and can no longer own guns…put a tattoo on their shoulder that states this.

This way, if someone is in a gun store, or gun show, it can easily be determined if they should be there by any sales clerk or owner simply asking to see their shoulder. That way if they walk in with a straw buyer, and the owner sees the tattoo on their shoulder, he can ask both people to leave his store….

No paperwork needed, it is immediate, it identifies felons easily where before it would be impossible to identify them….and it doesn't target normal gun owners.

There is an easy way to keep felons out of gun stores, gun shows and to prevent private direct sales to felons……when they are convicted of their crimes and can no longer own guns…put a tattoo on their shoulder that states this.

This way, if someone is in a gun store, or gun show, it can easily be determined if they should be there by any sales clerk or owner simply asking to see their shoulder. That way if they walk in with a straw buyer, and the owner sees the tattoo on their shoulder, he can ask both people to leave his store….

No paperwork needed, it is immediate, it identifies felons easily where before it would be impossible to identify them….and it doesn't target normal gun owners.
I prefer a brand.
Circle F

I prefer a brand.
Circle F

Works for me too….but some around here are a little squeamish when it comes to convicted, violent sociopaths…...

Where's the "loophole"?

Exactly that.

Yep. All it would do is result in law abiding gun folks no longer doing private sales at gun shows. That's all.

BUT the ghetto? You think the 10x felon who sells Crack and guns is gonna tell a customer "Nah homie...I can't sell you a 9...I gotta do a background check on you bro".

Private ghetto sales put more weapons on the street....100x more....than any 50 gun shows combined.

What if they get multiple tattoos to cover it?? Also...some religions forbid tattoos. Wouldn't wanna violate religious rights.

And....ghettos account for most private gun deals. Not gun shows. And in the ghetto...they don't give a fuck.

The loophole is that a table, two or more at a gun show is like having a gun store or shop without the need for a license. As long as the guns are used and you represent yourself as a "private collector" you can buy and sell unlimited numbers of firearms without the inconvenience of paperwork or background checks. New guns can be sold also, but that will draw the ire of licensed dealers and draw attention. That could cause authorities to start checking serial numbers on your firearms and the chances of finding one that is on the stolen list could cause big problems. As long as you are willing and able to travel, you can deal firearms every weekend somewhere.

The loophole is that a table, two or more at a gun show is like having a gun store or shop without the need for a license. As long as the guns are used and you represent yourself as a "private collector" you can buy and sell unlimited numbers of firearms without the inconvenience of paperwork or background checks.
Private sales. I am not a dealer, I am not engaged in the business of wholesale or retail selling of guns.
This is not a loophole.
New guns can be sold also...
False. New guns come from licensed dealers, whose businesses own the guns.. You buy it, its no longer new.

Forum List

Back