Gun toting pastor defends self and wife from armed thugs.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah....I guess he won't have to worry about a mass shooter at his church....and he already has experience with gun fighting....

Pastor shot wife assaulted in north Nashville - WSMV Channel 4

The couple was coming home from church activities around 10 p.m. when they saw a group of men standing in the road near their house on the 3000 block of Patton Hill Road.

The men reportedly refused to move, so pastor Alonzo Hatchett drove around them.

"The victim states he wasn't able to understand what exactly they were saying to him, but they were obviously upset and armed, so that's when the gunfire erupted," said Metro Capt. Jason Starling.

The pastor returned fire, which is when the men fled.

He is now at Vanderbilt University Medial Center recovering from serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

The pastor's wife was also assaulted during the incident. She is said to have minor injuries.

Police have not released a description of the suspects. No arrests have been made.

Read more: Pastor shot wife assaulted in north Nashville - WSMV Channel 4

Yeah....I guess he won't have to worry about a mass shooter at his church....and he already has experience with gun fighting....

The couple was coming home from church activities around 10 p.m. when they saw a group of men standing in the road near their house on the 3000 block of Patton Hill Road.

The men reportedly refused to move, so pastor Alonzo Hatchett drove around them.

"The victim states he wasn't able to understand what exactly they were saying to him, but they were obviously upset and armed, so that's when the gunfire erupted," said Metro Capt. Jason Starling.

He is now at Vanderbilt University Medial Center recovering from serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

The pastor's wife was also assaulted during the incident. She is said to have minor injuries.

Police have not released a description of the suspects. No arrests have been made.

So because he has a gun he doesn't ever have to worry that a racist killer will ever target his church???...are you serious or stupid???

So because he has a gun he doesn't ever have to worry that a racist killer will ever target his church???...are you serious or stupid???

No asshole....if a killer comes to his church he can do something about it other than allowing the guy to murder people....are you fucking stupid or really fucking stupid......?

Friend, for a moment there, I misread this.

"Pastor shot wife assaulted in North Nashville."

Anyways, yes, being armed increases the chances of survival and repelling criminal elements, but is not always assured. I do strongly support the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. Though reconmark 's history is fairly well-known here, he does have a point, in that a pastor who owns and carries in no way shouldn't worry that the possibility of an attack like this may happen. At least he'll have a tool, unlike he would if without.

Anyways, yes, being armed increases the chances of survival and repelling criminal elements, but is not always assured. I do strongly support the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. Though reconmark 's history is fairly well-known here, he does have a point, in that a pastor who owns and carries in no way shouldn't worry that the possibility of an attack like this may happen. At least he'll have a tool, unlike he would if without.

In all fairness I didn't say that.....

Here you go moron....some stats....

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)

No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)

Might I add, any would be shooter could choose to attack the church with a know armed pastor with experience winning gun fights while wounded and outnumbered, OR,

another church were such would be unlikely.

Might I add, any would be shooter could choose to attack the church with a know armed pastor with experience winning gun fights while wounded and outnumbered, OR,

You may add that, but, I would have you clarify.

The shooter could decide to attack the church knowing someone is armed, and has experience with gun fights. There are some people like that in this world. If your clarification is unneeded, I'm thinking the last part of your post means that this person could decide then to attack a church that does not have this kind of protection. In that case, perhaps more pastors should arm themselves, or suffer the consequences of their own inactions.

Now I'm curious. Do you think only a pastor should be armed? We do live in a dangerous world, as we can see with that murderous loon who killed nine. If more apparently good people should be armed, in your opinion, who?

Last edited:

You may add, that, but I would have you clarify.

The shooter could decide to attack the church knowing someone is armed, and has experience with gun fights. There are some people like that in this world. If your clarification is unneeded, I'm thinking the last part of your post means that this person could decide then to attack a church that does not have this kind of protection. In that case, perhaps more pastors should arm themselves, or suffer the consequences of their own inactions.

Now I'm curious. Do you think only a pastor should be armed? We do live in a dangerous world, as we can see with that murderous loon who killed nine. If more apparently good people should be armed, in your opinion, who?

ANyone of sound mind, clean criminal record and who thinks they are capable.

Forum List

Back