Gun violence at lowest level in the recorded history of the United States.

Then why has there been a marked increase in mass shootings that kill children?
It happens whenever a democrat is in office. FACT, feel free to check it.

You never told what made you so scared till you feel the need for a gun 24/7. What turned you into such a coward?

:rolleyes: A coward is so scared of guns that they'd rather let their family die than overcome their fear and master a tool that could protect them.

. We have a choice, whether to bear arms or not. I'm not afraid of guns, I just choose to not have one. I don't want them around my kids.

You've got a lot of nerve calling people who choose not to have guns cowards. It's all you paranoids that want them.

Yeah, you're real brave with your guns.

Read this:

The Psychology of Gun Ownership

A June 2015 study found that “310 million firearms estimated to be in private hands in the United States are disproportionately owned by people who are prone to angry, impulsive behavior and have a potentially dangerous habit of keeping their guns close at hand.” There is a “co-occurrence of impulsive angry behavior and possessing or carrying a gun among adults with and without certain mental disorders and demographic characteristics.”Almost 9% of people who “self-report patterns of impulsive angry behavior” also have a firearm at home, and 1.5% (or nearly 85 people out of 5,653 surveyed for this study) carry their guns in places other than their home. The authors found that, when studying violence and anger, it is more effective to look at the arrest history of individuals rather than seeing if they have a mental illness. Arrests could show “a history of impulsive or angry behavior (for example, criminal records of misdemeanor violence, DWIs and domestic violence restraining orders),” which “would likely serve as a more feasible and less discriminatory indicator of an individual’s gun violence risk.”

. We have a choice, whether to bear arms or not. I'm not afraid of guns, I just choose to not have one. I don't want them around my kids.

You've got a lot of nerve calling people who choose not to have guns cowards. It's all you paranoids that want them.

Yeah, you're real brave with your guns.

Hit a nerve I see.

Read this:

A June 2015 study found that “310 million firearms estimated to be in private hands in the United States are disproportionately owned by people who are prone to angry, impulsive behavior and have a potentially dangerous habit of keeping their guns close at hand.” There is a “co-occurrence of impulsive angry behavior and possessing or carrying a gun among adults with and without certain mental disorders and demographic characteristics.”Almost 9% of people who “self-report patterns of impulsive angry behavior” also have a firearm at home, and 1.5% (or nearly 85 people out of 5,653 surveyed for this study) carry their guns in places other than their home. The authors found that, when studying violence and anger, it is more effective to look at the arrest history of individuals rather than seeing if they have a mental illness. Arrests could show “a history of impulsive or angry behavior (for example, criminal records of misdemeanor violence, DWIs and domestic violence restraining orders),” which “would likely serve as a more feasible and less discriminatory indicator of an individual’s gun violence risk.”

That may well be the dumbest thing I've ever read...and I've been here 8 years, so that's really saying something.

Then why has there been a marked increase in mass shootings that kill children?
It happens whenever a democrat is in office. FACT, feel free to check it.

You never told what made you so scared till you feel the need for a gun 24/7. What turned you into such a coward?

:rolleyes: A coward is so scared of guns that they'd rather let their family die than overcome their fear and master a tool that could protect them.

I have plenty of guns and I'm not a bit scared of them. I just don't have an unreasonable fear that makes me want to hide behind them 24/7

Read this:

You know Dhara, when I read "studies" like this, I always ask myself "what is the reality of the situation today"? And when I realize that gun laws have been relaxed, more people can carry them, and there are now more guns than ever before, while the rate of gun deaths are at historic lows, I can quickly conclude the "study" is not worth the paper it is written on.

what does your logic tell you?

Mark

I have plenty of guns and I'm not a bit scared of them. I just don't have an unreasonable fear that makes me want to hide behind them 24/7

What unreasonable fear drives you to carry a spare tire every day?

My new car doesn't even have a spare. Tires aren't supposed to go flat.

What? No spare? Don't you feel like you should have one?

I've had run flat tires for a while on all my vehicles. That's another fear I don't have to deal with.

...Despite the President and his allies colluding to sell the illusion of a “gun violence epidemic,” the fact remains that per-capita homicides are the lowest they ever been in recorded history in the United States, since the Federal Bureau of Investigation began tracking that data in 1960.

Bitter Obama Starts New Year Grandstanding On Gun Control

Progressives never let facts get in the way of their Agenda.

The only reason gun violence statistics are so high is because of minorities. If it weren't for the millions of blacks and Latinos, we would have lower crime rates than all of Europe.

Forum List

Back