Gun violence at lowest level in the recorded history of the United States.

Read this:

The Psychology of Gun Ownership

A June 2015 study found that “310 million firearms estimated to be in private hands in the United States are disproportionately owned by people who are prone to angry, impulsive behavior and have a potentially dangerous habit of keeping their guns close at hand.” There is a “co-occurrence of impulsive angry behavior and possessing or carrying a gun among adults with and without certain mental disorders and demographic characteristics.”Almost 9% of people who “self-report patterns of impulsive angry behavior” also have a firearm at home, and 1.5% (or nearly 85 people out of 5,653 surveyed for this study) carry their guns in places other than their home. The authors found that, when studying violence and anger, it is more effective to look at the arrest history of individuals rather than seeing if they have a mental illness. Arrests could show “a history of impulsive or angry behavior (for example, criminal records of misdemeanor violence, DWIs and domestic violence restraining orders),” which “would likely serve as a more feasible and less discriminatory indicator of an individual’s gun violence risk.”
Yeah great source.
Not one of the so called "several studies" was footnoted or linked to

Last edited:
...Despite the President and his allies colluding to sell the illusion of a “gun violence epidemic,” the fact remains that per-capita homicides are the lowest they ever been in recorded history in the United States, since the Federal Bureau of Investigation began tracking that data in 1960.

Bitter Obama Starts New Year Grandstanding On Gun Control

It is great news. Also makes you wonder why so many think they need a gun for protection however. Crime is very low. If you aren't involved in criminal behavior you are really safe.

It is great news. Also makes you wonder why so many think they need a gun for protection however. Crime is very low. If you aren't involved in criminal behavior you are really safe.

I'd say it is the news cycle...I see this, and my mind says "you've got to make sure this NEVER happens to your family."

...Despite the President and his allies colluding to sell the illusion of a “gun violence epidemic,” the fact remains that per-capita homicides are the lowest they ever been in recorded history in the United States, since the Federal Bureau of Investigation began tracking that data in 1960.

When gun ownership increases crime decreases

imagine that

So if you want lower violent crime you are obligated to own a gun are you not?

I'd say it is the news cycle...I see this, and my mind says "you've got to make sure this NEVER happens to your family."

In a country of over 300 million the chance of that happening is about 0. Look at the stats. That said I'm fine with people choosing to have a gun, but the fact remains crime is very low and this is a safe country if you aren't involved in criminal activity.

When gun ownership increases crime decreases

imagine that

So if you want lower violent crime you are obligated to own a gun are you not?

No gun ownership does not effect crime rates.

Crime is down because of better policing and technology. Just about any crime committed is caught in a camera somewhere.

In a country of over 300 million the chance of that happening is about 0. Look at the stats. That said I'm fine with people choosing to have a gun, but the fact remains crime is very low and this is a safe country if you aren't involved in criminal activity.

Tell that to the family it happened to.

One family in a country of over 300 million. Do the math. To worry about one event is just paranoia.

One family in a country of over 300 million. Do the math. To worry about one event is just paranoia.

to worry about your law abiding fellow citizens all being gun crazed pyschos is more paranoia.

to worry about your law abiding fellow citizens all being gun crazed pyschos is more paranoia.

Good thing I'm not worried. I feel very safe and don't even carry a gun.

I don't see how you can post this and still expect me to be paranoid and scared and feel I need a gun at all times. The OP is completely counter to that.

Stupidity is a great cloak.

Look at the statistics. You are very safe, no need to be scared.

Typical of you to confuse statistics with reality, and macro data with individual circumstances.

Typical of you to confuse statistics with reality, and macro data with individual circumstances.

You are involved in criminal activity and hence more likely to be victim of violent crime?

You are involved in criminal activity and hence more likely to be victim of violent crime?

Not at all, however who the fuck are you, and who the fuck is government to decide if I choose or not choose to arm myself?

Its my right until you repeal the 2nd amendment, so kindly go pound sand.

Not at all, however who the fuck are you, and who the fuck is government to decide if I choose or not choose to arm myself?

Its my right until you repeal the 2nd amendment, so kindly go pound sand.

When did I say anything about disarming you? I said you have no reason to be so scared. That is supported by the op.

I reckon there are two types of folks in this country. Those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and do whatever possible to mitigate that threat...

And those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and depend of fate, luck and chance to keep keep them safe.

I reckon there are two types of folks in this country. Those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and do whatever possible to mitigate that threat...

And those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and depend of fate, luck and chance to keep keep them safe.

What other extremely unlikely events are you worrying about?

Some can look at stats and realize they don't need to worry all the time. Other people are scared and paranoid because something bad happened once.

Forum List

Back