Gun violence at lowest level in the recorded history of the United States.

I reckon there are two types of folks in this country. Those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and do whatever possible to mitigate that threat...

And those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and depend of fate, luck and chance to keep keep them safe.

What other extremely unlikely events are you worrying about?

Some can look at stats and realize they don't need to worry all the time. Other people are scared and paranoid because something bad happened once.

So, you leave your doors unlocked and your windows open at night, and when you are away...correct?

One uses common sense. I don't know a single person who has ever needed a gun for defense. Look at the OP we are very safe! Trying to save you some years on your life from too much worrying, not take your gun bro!

Gotcha...it's just common sense to protect yourself from the low probability of crime by locking your doors and windows...

...but it is somehow not common sense to protect yourself and your loved ones by the simple act of carrying a small, unobtrusive firearm for self defense.

I suppose these two diametrically opposed positions are forced into some kind of convoluted reconciliation by your anti-gun agenda...but for the rest of us...they make no sense whatsoever.

Are you the same person who posted the op and how crime is really low? You can't post that and then say everyone needs a gun for defense. They counter each other. You realize that right? If you believe the OP then we are all very safe.

Yes you can……low crime rate is not "no" crime at all………women are raped, people are robbed, kidnapped and murdered even with a low crime rate……murder still happens in Japan….a country with an incredibly low crime rate…..and even in Iceland….

...Despite the President and his allies colluding to sell the illusion of a “gun violence epidemic,” the fact remains that per-capita homicides are the lowest they ever been in recorded history in the United States, since the Federal Bureau of Investigation began tracking that data in 1960.

Bitter Obama Starts New Year Grandstanding On Gun Control

It is great news. Also makes you wonder why so many think they need a gun for protection however. Crime is very low. If you aren't involved in criminal behavior you are really safe.

When gun ownership increases crime decreases

imagine that

So if you want lower violent crime you are obligated to own a gun are you not?

No gun ownership does not effect crime rates.

Crime is down because of better policing and technology. Just about any crime committed is caught in a camera somewhere.

Better policing that's funny

And unless crimes only happen in major urban areas with a lot of cameras they don't get caught on tape and what you fail to realize that if a crime is caught on tape IT STILL HAPPENED

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Firearm Violence, 1993-2011
Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public UnawareDisarming Realities: As Gun Sales Soar, Gun Crimes Plummet

Tell me what different policing policies or technological breakthroughs in the same time frame are responsible for the decrease in violent crimes

Cameras and security systems. Criminals are caught and jailed after committing one crime rather than a crime spree. That is why crime is down.

Gotcha...it's just common sense to protect yourself from the low probability of crime by locking your doors and windows...

...but it is somehow not common sense to protect yourself and your loved ones by the simple act of carrying a small, unobtrusive firearm for self defense.

I suppose these two diametrically opposed positions are forced into some kind of convoluted reconciliation by your anti-gun agenda...but for the rest of us...they make no sense whatsoever.

Are you the same person who posted the op and how crime is really low? You can't post that and then say everyone needs a gun for defense. They counter each other. You realize that right? If you believe the OP then we are all very safe.

I think you are confusing some terms here Brain.

We are safer.

You'll know when we are completely safe...you won't need to lock your doors and windows anymore.

We are very safe. Just look at the statistics. No need to be scared.

So, you leave your doors unlocked and your windows open at night, and when you are away...correct?

Again you are astronomically more likely to be robbed if you leave windows and doors open than you are to be killed cause you are unarmed. The two aren't even comparable. Have you wronged someone who wants to kill you? Most people murdered are involved in criminal activity and/or know their killer. In a country of over 300 million murder is just a tiny fraction of a percent of all crime.

See you people always do that

Focus on being killed or killing in self defense

You do realize the people are assaulted and robbed all the time in this country without being murdered don't you

You do realize that self defense with a firearm doesn't have to mean killing anyone don't you?

I reckon there are two types of folks in this country. Those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and do whatever possible to mitigate that threat...

And those that see a potential threat to the lives and safety of their loved ones and depend of fate, luck and chance to keep keep them safe.

Some can look at stats and realize they don't need to worry all the time. Other people are scared and paranoid because something bad happened once.

One uses common sense. I don't know a single person who has ever needed a gun for defense. Look at the OP we are very safe! Trying to save you some years on your life from too much worrying, not take your gun bro!

I don't know anyone who walked on the moon…and yet I am told it actually happened…..

And it's extremely unlikely you will ever walk on the moon. That is the point.

...Despite the President and his allies colluding to sell the illusion of a “gun violence epidemic,” the fact remains that per-capita homicides are the lowest they ever been in recorded history in the United States, since the Federal Bureau of Investigation began tracking that data in 1960.

Bitter Obama Starts New Year Grandstanding On Gun Control

It is great news. Also makes you wonder why so many think they need a gun for protection however. Crime is very low. If you aren't involved in criminal behavior you are really safe.

imagine that

Crime is down because of better policing and technology. Just about any crime committed is caught in a camera somewhere.

And unless crimes only happen in major urban areas with a lot of cameras they don't get caught on tape and what you fail to realize that if a crime is caught on tape IT STILL HAPPENED

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public UnawareDisarming Realities: As Gun Sales Soar, Gun Crimes Plummet

Tell me what different policing policies or technological breakthroughs in the same time frame are responsible for the decrease in violent crimes

Cameras and security systems. Criminals are caught and jailed after committing one crime rather than a crime spree. That is why crime is down.

Prove it

More people don't have security systems and cameras than those that do

We are safer.

You'll know when we are completely safe...you won't need to lock your doors and windows anymore.

Again you are astronomically more likely to be robbed if you leave windows and doors open than you are to be killed cause you are unarmed. The two aren't even comparable. Have you wronged someone who wants to kill you? Most people murdered are involved in criminal activity and/or know their killer. In a country of over 300 million murder is just a tiny fraction of a percent of all crime.

You do realize the people are assaulted and robbed all the time in this country without being murdered don't you

You do realize that self defense with a firearm doesn't have to mean killing anyone don't you?

Yes I'm aware. You are aware that in a country of over 300 million there are like 1.2 million violent crimes? Many are criminal on criminal. We are very safe.

imagine that

Prove it

Prove there are more now than there used to be? Seriously? Almost everyone carries a camera now. Crimes are on the news with security camera footage all the time. You can't be serious.

We are safer.

Yes I'm aware. You are aware that in a country of over 300 million there are like 1.2 million violent crimes? Many are criminal on criminal. We are very safe.

Yeah you're very safe until you aren't.

If you're lucky you might not ever find out but what happens if you're not so lucky one day?

imagine that

Prove it

Prove there are more now than there used to be? Seriously? Almost everyone carries a camera now. Crimes are on the news with security camera footage all the time. You can't be serious.

My god the few you see are not the majority

Far far far more crimes are not caught on tape than are

Yes you can……low crime rate is not "no" crime at all………women are raped, people are robbed, kidnapped and murdered even with a low crime rate……murder still happens in Japan….a country with an incredibly low crime rate…..and even in Iceland….

Look at the statistics. Very unlikely to be the victim of a violent crime.

Prove it

Prove it.

If you're lucky you might not ever find out but what happens if you're not so lucky one day?

Look at the numbers. I'm not gonna be scared and paranoid for something so unlikely to happen. You fear an outer space alien invasion too?

Prove it

Prove it.

There are no stats for the percentage of crimes caught on tape there are stats for the increase of gun ownership and the decrease of violent crimes in the same period

Now I can tell you that 38% of murders never get solved
44% of aggravated assaults never get solved
58% of forcible rapes never get solved
74% of robberies never get solved
87% of vehicle thefts and burglaries never get solved

Seems to me cameras ain't doin it

Look at the numbers. I'm not gonna be scared and paranoid for something so unlikely to happen. You fear an outer space alien invasion too?

If you want to live your life by stats that's your problem

I'm asking you a simple question.

WHat happens the day you become on of the statistics?

Prove it

Prove it.

There are no stats for the percentage of crimes caught on tape there are stats for the increase of gun ownership and the decrease of violent crimes in the same period

Now I can tell you that 38% of murders never get solved
44% of aggravated assaults never get solved
58% of forcible rapes never get solved
74% of robberies never get solved
87% of vehicle thefts and burglaries never get solved

Seems to me cameras ain't doin it
Link?

If you want to live your life by stats that's your problem

I'm asking you a simple question.

WHat happens the day you become on of the statistics?

Why would I worry about it, better chance of winning the lottery. Haven't done that either.

Sorry guys, you can't talk about how low crime is and that most victims are themselves criminals, and then claim everyone needs a gun for defense. You are countering your own argument like you so often do.

Sorry guys, you can't talk about how low crime is and that most victims are themselves criminals, and then claim everyone needs a gun for defense. You are countering your own argument like you so often do.

Yes.....low crime to you means no crime at all......typical left wing thinking.......but...it is your funeral....and one day it just might be.....

Yes.....low crime to you means no crime at all......typical left wing thinking.......but...it is your funeral....and one day it just might be.....

Funeral really? Over 300 million people. Like 11,000 murders each year with most being criminals killed by criminals. My chance of being murdered is about 0. Sorry but those are the facts. No reason to be scared.

Do you wear a helmet when you drive?

Forum List

Back