🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Guns! (Again)

I think the parents could be charged with negligence. However, it's still a tragic accident. Since no one intended it to happen, it's an accident by definition. As far as people only having guns in the house because they are planning to shoot someone; that's just a foolish statement.
I was taught that an accident, by definition, is unforeseeable.

Anyone can see that leaving a gun around kids will eventually result in FORSEEABLE consequences.

Therefore, most of these cases are not accidents, they are criminal neglect.

Bull shit through and through. I have raised 5 kids, the youngest is still at home. I have always had a loaded gun or two in the home. What use is an unloaded gun or a gun locked up?

No one was killed, no one was ever injured, no gun went off accidentally or by itself. It's a matter of intelligence and parenting. If your kid got a hold of a gun and killed himself or someone else, then that's Darwin's Law and perhaps your idiot defective genes shouldn't be loosed on the world anyway.
In another post you say you left semi-autos and pumps around children too young to cycle a round.

That is responsible, I am sure you moved them when the kids got older, or taught them gun safety.

I don't at all understand what problem you have with prosecuting negligent people who leave loaded guns where untrained kids can get to them.

All the guns in my house are loaded, and there are several in corners and on dressers.

I think the parents could be charged with negligence. However, it's still a tragic accident. Since no one intended it to happen, it's an accident by definition. As far as people only having guns in the house because they are planning to shoot someone; that's just a foolish statement.

Anyone can see that leaving a gun around kids will eventually result in FORSEEABLE consequences.

Bull shit through and through. I have raised 5 kids, the youngest is still at home. I have always had a loaded gun or two in the home. What use is an unloaded gun or a gun locked up?

No one was killed, no one was ever injured, no gun went off accidentally or by itself. It's a matter of intelligence and parenting. If your kid got a hold of a gun and killed himself or someone else, then that's Darwin's Law and perhaps your idiot defective genes shouldn't be loosed on the world anyway.
I doubt you left them around for the kids to find.

When they crawled, mine we on top of dressers.

When they learned to climb, the guns were on top of refrigerators or on high shelves.

When they could reach the refrigerator top and high shelves, they knew how to handle the weapons.

I never said one could not have loaded guns around kids.

I always did, just out of their reach until they were old enough to have their own.

The issue here is reckless behaviour leading to kids getting guns, not disarmament of parents.

I had and still have a pump shot gun loaded by my bed. No toddler is going to pump and fire my Mossberg pump 12 gauge. I carry a Kel Tec P3AT and I leave that lying out when I get home. The 9mm that I keep in my office is also an automatic just like the Kel Tec. No toddler is going to draw back the slide to load those weapons. By the time they are old enough to learn about those weapons, they have been taught safety by me.

When a kid gets a hold of a weapon and fires it, it's because of two things, one is poor parenting, and the other is adult stupidity.

Darwinism, in my opinion.
You just said you don't leave them around loaded for kids to fire, then get pissy when I suggest those who DO leave them around loaded for kids to fire should be jailed.

You schizo boy?

Hmmm...apparently 1.6 million Americans, an average of various studies, need guns each year....to stop violent rape, robber, beatings, stabbings and murders......

And kleck says the defender is typically involved in criminal behavior. So why do I care how many criminals defend themselves?

I doubt you left them around for the kids to find.

When they crawled, mine we on top of dressers.

When they learned to climb, the guns were on top of refrigerators or on high shelves.

When they could reach the refrigerator top and high shelves, they knew how to handle the weapons.

I never said one could not have loaded guns around kids.

I always did, just out of their reach until they were old enough to have their own.

The issue here is reckless behaviour leading to kids getting guns, not disarmament of parents.

I had and still have a pump shot gun loaded by my bed. No toddler is going to pump and fire my Mossberg pump 12 gauge. I carry a Kel Tec P3AT and I leave that lying out when I get home. The 9mm that I keep in my office is also an automatic just like the Kel Tec. No toddler is going to draw back the slide to load those weapons. By the time they are old enough to learn about those weapons, they have been taught safety by me.

When a kid gets a hold of a weapon and fires it, it's because of two things, one is poor parenting, and the other is adult stupidity.

Darwinism, in my opinion.
You just said you don't leave them around loaded for kids to fire, then get pissy when I suggest those who DO leave them around loaded for kids to fire should be jailed.

You schizo boy?

You are wasting your time, he's a moron.

Sugar cookies and french fries being shoved in kids mouths do far more harm to far more children than guns ever will.
true
but sugar and french fries harm children's health but don't kill them or another people.yes?
Basically I agree with you but what about guns and why do people call it a "tragic accident"?
Another gun phobia thread. If you are scared don't own a gun.
Huh? A bit of upside down logic wouldn`t you
It` so embarrassing to share a country with so many chickenshits that can`t go to the grocery store without packing heat. I`ll bet this fella was in the store to buy an industrial sized box of Depends. He probably goes through his depends like shit running through a goose because he`s so a-skeered all the time. This idiot had a permit. Instead of letting him play with guns we should be getting this coward some psychiatric help.

2 injured when gun falls out of man s fanny pack at Giant... www.wpxi.com

It's so embarrassing to share a country with so many chickenshits who demand we all have health insurance. I mean what the hell. Most people don't get sick. Or how about that car insurance? Most people don't get in crashes. Or how about abortions? C'mon, a woman can abstain from sex or engage in sexual activity where no child can be created why the hell do we need birth control or abortions!

Chickenshits!
No, it`s embarrassing to share a country with so many folks that think they are entitled to free healthcare. The car accident that fucked you up could easily rack up $500,000 in medical costs but you want every one else to pick up the tab. Rightwingers and their entitlement mentality....so sad.

Sugar cookies and french fries being shoved in kids mouths do far more harm to far more children than guns ever will.
true
but sugar and french fries harm children's health but don't kill them or another people.yes?
Basically I agree with you but what about guns and why do people call it a "tragic accident"?
It` so embarrassing to share a country with so many chickenshits that can`t go to the grocery store without packing heat. I`ll bet this fella was in the store to buy an industrial sized box of Depends. He probably goes through his depends like shit running through a goose because he`s so a-skeered all the time. This idiot had a permit. Instead of letting him play with guns we should be getting this coward some psychiatric help.

It's so embarrassing to share a country with so many chickenshits who demand we all have health insurance. I mean what the hell. Most people don't get sick. Or how about that car insurance? Most people don't get in crashes. Or how about abortions? C'mon, a woman can abstain from sex or engage in sexual activity where no child can be created why the hell do we need birth control or abortions!

Chickenshits!
No, it`s embarrassing to share a country with so many folks that think they are entitled to free healthcare. The car accident that fucked you up could easily rack up $500,000 in medical costs but you want every one else to pick up the tab. Rightwingers and their entitlement mentality....so sad.

I have very good health insurance THAT I PAY for, thank you very much! I also have to pay for a bunch of assholes who are too fucking lazy to work. So you can thank me for them too!

true

Chickenshits!

I have very good health insurance THAT I PAY for, thank you very much! I also have to pay for a bunch of assholes who are too fucking lazy to work. So you can thank me for them too!
News flash for westwall. Most of those people do indeed work. If they show up without insurance you and I are paying anyway. Even the dumbest teabaggers have a chance of knowing what`s been going on for decades. Are you dumber than a teabagger?

true

Chickenshits!
It is libtarded leftwingbats that want everyone else to pick up their tabs. Yeah I wish Ididn't have to share this country with commie libtards either.

Forum List

Back