Guns are not the problem but gun control is part of the solution

Why? Would that make the victim any less dead?

Then explain why to imprison rapists at all? Would that make rape victims any less raped?
Huh?
The point is if you stab someone, strangle someone, or shoot someone the victim is still dead. Why discriminate based on the method used?

Blackflag said "crimes committed that involved guns should carry far more severe punishments" and that would give better result then any gun control law. S.J. argue against it by saying that victim wouldn't be any less dead.

Somehow I agreed with blackflag because I thought he meant that gun crimes committed by people who were not allowed to have gun should carry harder punishment.

you notice under Obama EVERYTHING is a CRISIS.

don't forget their motto : never let a good crisis go to waste

and IF THERE isn't one CREATE it

Every week under this administration it's been one thing after another. Starting with how the police acted stupidly, to the OWS, to Ferguson, St. Louis, Baltimore. now using these people in SC?

wake up for crying out loud.
Whoa... how did you graduate from elementary school with they way you write?

Maybe conservatives are right and there is a HUGE problem with our education system!

whoa, you're nothing but an agitator troll. you aren't worth the time to get upset over. maybe there is a problem and you need to find a life. or look like a snotty ass if you want.

It
Why? Would that make the victim any less dead?

Then explain why to imprison rapists at all? Would that make rape victims any less raped?
I didn't say they shouldn't be punished, but murder is murder. Why should the instrument make a difference? Are you saying that someone who stabs their victim to death should serve less time than the one who uses a gun?
"Murder " has several different levels, all with different levels of punishment. Adding pu ishment for the use of a gun is not inconsistent with this.

Every week under this administration it's been one thing after another. Starting with how the police acted stupidly, to the OWS, to Ferguson, St. Louis, Baltimore. now using these people in SC?

Maybe conservatives are right and there is a HUGE problem with our education system!

whoa, you're nothing but an agitator troll. you aren't worth the time to get upset over. maybe there is a problem and you need to find a life.
Well damn... I could pretty much repeat my response from earlier to this new post of yours! So I think I will...

whoa, you're nothing but an agitator troll. you aren't worth the time to get upset over. maybe there is a problem and you need to find a life.
Well damn... I could pretty much repeat my response from earlier to this new post of yours! So I think I will...

zzzzzzzzzz
see ya

The Australian stats are stunning because in 25 years death by gun has only dropped 12%.

BUT in the past decade death by knives has increased 11%.

So how has gun control worked when all that appears to have happened by the numbers is murdering sons of bitches just moved on to knives?

There is a liberal solution for that too...

jaif53.jpg
Dont give them ideas.
Those are also weapons. In truth, everything is a weapon if you know how to use it. I can kill someone with a marshmallow.

No, that was actually happening in Australia.

Thousands of retailers who sell knives will be affected by the new laws, under which any minor caught trying to buy a knife will face an on-the-spot fine of $234, or $1400 if the matter is serious and taken to court.

Retailers worried about knife ban

That's funny I think it's the exact opposite. Guns ARE the problem, but gun control is NOT a solution. Not for this country anyways. Way too many guns, and way too powerful a gun lobby.
99.99712% of the guns in the US - 299,991,546 guns - are not involved in a murder each year
You look at the misuse of one gun and ignore the fact that >35,000 were not misused. Why?
I think you misunderstood my post. My opinion is that crimes committed that involved guns should carry far more severe punishments. That would be a much better deterent than banning guns.

Most State already have sentencing enhancements for crimes involving guns.

She's spot on with "never let a serious crisis go to waste". Every Democrat follows Rahm's Rule.
I know you don't actually believe what you said and only posted it because we're on a board that invites political argument; but you have to know that in a real life debate what you said would be eviscerated.

She's spot on with "never let a serious crisis go to waste". Every Democrat follows Rahm's Rule.
I know you don't actually believe what you said and only posted it because we're on a board that invites political argument; but you have to know that in a real life debate what you said would be eviscerated.

I do believe that the savvy Democrat politicians follow Rahm's Rule. It's the left wing's highly effective modus operandi. AND it has been very successful when implemented properly for the D's.

And if you ever wish to debate me, by all means call me out in the bull ring.

I love debating. Any topic, any time.

That's funny I think it's the exact opposite. Guns ARE the problem, but gun control is NOT a solution. Not for this country anyways. Way too many guns, and way too powerful a gun lobby.
99.99712% of the guns in the US - 299,991,546 guns - are not involved in a murder each year
You look at the misuse of one gun and ignore the fact that >35,000 were not misused. Why?
I think you misunderstood my post. My opinion is that crimes committed that involved guns should carry far more severe punishments. That would be a much better deterent than banning guns.

True. But if you look at the results nationally, those enhancements are not good enough.

I do believe that the savvy Democrat politicians follow Rahm's Rule. It's the left wing's highly effective modus operandi. AND it has been very successful when implemented properly for the D's.

And if you ever wish to debate me, by all means call me out in the bull ring.

I love debating. Any topic, any time.
You sound like I did 10 years ago, when I thought it was the GOP that had some completely superior style of politics that would keep them in power. Yet now Dubya is in exile, and there's a black man in the White House.

The last 6 years the only strategy the GOP has had is to take advantages of crises. Like Benghazi, ebola, ISIS, Iran, Ukraine, Boko Haram, black rioting, etc.

Seems to me the GOP is a much bigger fan of Rahm's Rule.

True. But if you look at the results nationally, those enhancements are not good enough.

Not good enough says who, federal government?

For that we have 2nd Amendment.

Not good enough says who, federal government?

For that we have 2nd Amendment.

Yep,
first they say our sentencing is too harsh and then not harsh enough

who can keep these people happy? No one

Or you could say that criminals don't really consider what will happen if they get caught, they are aware of the over crowded justice system and know pleas for lesser sentences are common place. But if you try to remove that discretion from prosecutors I'm not sure the courts would go along.

Last edited:

Or you could say that criminals don't really consider what will happen if they get caught, they are aware of the over crowded justice system and know pleas for lesser sentences are common place. But if you try to remove that discretion from prosecutors I not sure the courts would go along.
Well if we want to make this a conversation about the crowded Justice system then there are a WHOLE LOT of other factors we need to be talking about.

But as far as treating human behavior goes, I GUARANTEE you harsher gun penalties will decrease the use of firearms in crimes.

Or you could say that criminals don't really consider what will happen if they get caught, they are aware of the over crowded justice system and know pleas for lesser sentences are common place. But if you try to remove that discretion from prosecutors I not sure the courts would go along.
Well if we want to make this a conversation about the crowded Justice system then there are a WHOLE LOT of other factors we need to be talking about.

But as far as treating human behavior goes, I GUARANTEE you harsher gun penalties will decrease the use of firearms in crimes.

Right, just like mandatory sentences for crack has almost eliminated it from the streets. Get real kid.

Right, just like mandatory sentences for crack has almost eliminated it from the streets. Get real kid.
I agree that crack sentences have been incredibly destructive for black communities. It's been disgraceful really.

But crack is chemically addictive. And TEEERRRRIBLY addictive. Committing crimes with guns is not, and can't be compared.

I agree that crack sentences have been incredibly destructive for black communities. It's been disgraceful really.

But crack is chemically addictive. And TEEERRRRIBLY addictive. Committing crimes with guns is not, and can't be compared.

I wasn't comparing crack to guns, I was comparing mandatory sentence requirements, and providing an example of how they don't work. If they did all those blacks would't be in prison would they?

You notice they go after the Innocent who has not used their guns for any crimes? that's how brave they all are. As if the criminals are going to obey their Gun control laws.

I wasn't comparing crack to guns, I was comparing mandatory sentence requirements, and providing an example of how they don't work. If they did all those blacks would't be in prison would they?
If crack use was as addictive as committing gun crimes, they wouldn't be in prison would they?

See how that works?

If crack use was as addictive as committing gun crimes, they wouldn't be in prison would they?

See how that works?

What, are you 3, we have capital punishment here and we use it, does that prevent people from getting murdered? NOPE!!! The threat of long prison times or even death are not enough to deter many criminals, someday you'll grow up and figure that out. No need to reply, I'm done with you.

Forum List

Back