Guns are not the problem but gun control is part of the solution

Well if we want to make this a conversation about the crowded Justice system then there are a WHOLE LOT of other factors we need to be talking about.

But as far as treating human behavior goes, I GUARANTEE you harsher gun penalties will decrease the use of firearms in crimes.

Right, just like mandatory sentences for crack has almost eliminated it from the streets. Get real kid.
I agree that crack sentences have been incredibly destructive for black communities. It's been disgraceful really.

But crack is chemically addictive. And TEEERRRRIBLY addictive. Committing crimes with guns is not, and can't be compared.

I wasn't comparing crack to guns, I was comparing mandatory sentence requirements, and providing an example of how they don't work. If they did all those blacks would't be in prison would they?
If crack use was as addictive as committing gun crimes, they wouldn't be in prison would they?

See how that works?

What, are you 3, we have capital punishment here and we use it, does that prevent people from getting murdered? NOPE!!! The threat of long prison times or even death are not enough to deter many criminals, someday you'll grow up and figure that out. No need to reply, I'm done with you.
Well by your logic we should get rid of punishments for murder. Since murder still happens, it's clearly useless right?

Based on the logic displayed by the far left on this issue.

We should ban cars as they kill more people than guns..

Don't worry that's next. After knives, pointy sticks, bats, hatchets, saws, etc

There's no reason not to explore potential solutions provided they comport with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

The OP was correct in one small aspect, there needs to be a cultural shift in this country. Instead of trying to eliminate the rights of the law abiding, how about we work on eliminating the gang, hip-hop and gangsta rap cultures that say it's OK to kill someone if they embarrass you or make you feel disrespected. OH RIGHT, that's not PC, is it?

I guess it's just easier to fuck with normal people and not really address the real problem.

There's no reason not to explore potential solutions provided they comport with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

The OP was correct in one small aspect, there needs to be a cultural shift in this country. Instead of trying to eliminate the rights of the law abiding, how about we work on eliminating the gang, hip-hop and gangsta rap cultures that say it's OK to kill someone if they embarrass you or make you feel disrespected. OH RIGHT, that's not PC, is it?

I guess it's just easier to fuck with normal people and not really address the real problem.

naaa, that's too hard for them. they need to step on EVERYONE in order to achieve their utopia

That's funny I think it's the exact opposite. Guns ARE the problem, but gun control is NOT a solution. Not for this country anyways. Way too many guns, and way too powerful a gun lobby.
99.99712% of the guns in the US - 299,991,546 guns - are not involved in a murder each year
You look at the misuse of one gun and ignore the fact that >35,000 were not misused. Why?
I'm glad we don't use that logic in asking for a ban on nuclear weapons.

We need stupidity control.

Guns are merely a tool.

When stupid people get them, it's just as big a problems as when stupid people drive cars. There is no way to prevent either thing from happening. What needs to be done is to stop making people afraid of guns, and afraid of each other.

When we finally develop an educational system that creates individuals with critical thinking skills, there won't be nearly as many deaths from guns or cars.

I really don't think critical thinking skills is going to prevent a loony tune from blowing away half dozen people in a shopping center, a high school kid from killing his classmates because they talked about him behind his back, a kid who shots nine people in a church because he wants to start a race war, a suicidal father who kills his family, or a junkie who shots 3 in liquor store robbery.

Last edited:
I've always been hesitant to elaborate on my thoughts on gun control, but after another mass-shooting, I felt it was my duty to share what I believe needs to be done to help fix this crisis that our great nation faces. For those of you that agree or disagree with me, please feel free to comment what your thoughts are. I hope that everyone learns something from this and that this piece will encourage more discussion as all of us unite to try to create a world where massacres are not a commonplace occurrence.

"Guns are not destroying this nation, but the way many in our country look at guns and their influence on public policy is the issue ... Weapons should only have one purpose: to injure or kill other living beings. However, many Americans do not share the same beliefs, and it is that cultural shift that needs to happen so we can begin to solve the gun crisis."

Guns are not the problem but gun control is part of the solution - Collegiate Times Opinion

Yes, taking guns from honest citizens is a great way to reduce crime. Great point

We need stupidity control.

Guns are merely a tool.

When stupid people get them, it's just as big a problems as when stupid people drive cars. There is no way to prevent either thing from happening. What needs to be done is to stop making people afraid of guns, and afraid of each other.

When we finally develop an educational system that creates individuals with critical thinking skills, there won't be nearly as many deaths from guns or cars.

I really don't think critical thinking skills is going to prevent a loony tune from blowing away half dozen people in a shopping center, a high school kid from killing his classmates because they talked about him behind his back, a kid who shots nine people in a church because he wants to start a race war, a suicidal father who kills his family, or a junkie who shots 3 in liquor store robbery.

And you made sure no one was shooting back, nicely done. Without you, bad situations could have turned tragic

That's funny I think it's the exact opposite. Guns ARE the problem, but gun control is NOT a solution. Not for this country anyways. Way too many guns, and way too powerful a gun lobby.
99.99712% of the guns in the US - 299,991,546 guns - are not involved in a murder each year
You look at the misuse of one gun and ignore the fact that >35,000 were not misused. Why?
How do you know an anti-gun loon knows he has no effective response to your post?
He brings up nuclear weapons.

If you weren't certain that your college dollars were wasted look no further at the cliched riddled poorly researched excuse of an essay by something called "the college times opinion". A six grade kid could do better.

I've always been hesitant to elaborate on my thoughts on gun control, but after another mass-shooting, I felt it was my duty to share what I believe needs to be done to help fix this crisis that our great nation faces. For those of you that agree or disagree with me, please feel free to comment what your thoughts are. I hope that everyone learns something from this and that this piece will encourage more discussion as all of us unite to try to create a world where massacres are not a commonplace occurrence.

"Guns are not destroying this nation, but the way many in our country look at guns and their influence on public policy is the issue ... Weapons should only have one purpose: to injure or kill other living beings. However, many Americans do not share the same beliefs, and it is that cultural shift that needs to happen so we can begin to solve the gun crisis."

Guns are not the problem but gun control is part of the solution - Collegiate Times Opinion

You are not FUCKING getting them!!!
One of two things would need to be the first step. There would be numerous steps after that.

Repeal the second amendment or get more liberal supremes and legislate from the bench.

If either of those happen we can talk. Of course we will need to be ready for lots of dead bodies it will not be pretty.

Either way you are not getting them. But please be the definition of insanity and suggesting the same shit expecting different results.

How do you know an anti-gun loon knows he has no effective response to your post?
He brings up nuclear weapons.

or they talk about the other posters penis.......

1zjatw.jpg

Forum List

Back