🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Guns are not the problem in Chicago..the judges and prosecutors are...

Law abiding gun owners aren't shooting people in Chicago.....the ones doing it should be in prison...but aren't....

Crime Under Illinois' "Catch and Release" Justice System - The Truth About Guns

Twenty-year-old Lavontay Chavis makes a good poster boy for Illinois’ broken justice system. In a little over two years, since turning 18, Mr. Chavis has racked up 13 arrests and spent 18-months in prison for a felony gun charge.

In May, police say he and a 17-year-old accomplice committed a string of armed robberies and then carjacked a ride at gunpoint before leading police on a high-speed chase.
---

How come Lavontay Chavis remained on the streets of Chicago victimizing innocent people after so many repeated arrests? Because of soft-on-crime Cook County prosecutor Kim Foxx.

Chicago’s “Social Justice” prosecutor Foxx (above from her profile in Elle magazine) gave another hoodlum, Jwan Farley, two years’ probation for a pair of armed robberies. Other armed robbers like DeAngelo Dixon and Leandrew Wallace also negotiated sweetheart probation plea deals from Kim Foxx’s office.

Meanwhile she sentenced a guy who stole 41 jars of Oil of Olay to 27 months in prison. Priorities, you know.

Carjackers also benefit from Kim Foxx’s largesse. Nineteen-year-old Jimmell Cannon of Lawndale like to “bump” into unsuspecting drivers. When the victims step out to inspect the damage, he hijacks their vehicles. Police caught him for a May 27th incident.

In any sane world, Cannon would have been in jail from a nearly identical February incident where police caught him in a similarly ‘jacked VW Passat.

Did Kim Foxx’s office throw the book at this offender on the earlier case? Hardly. Kim Foxx dropped all charges days before cops caught Cannon on his latest gig.

Jimmell Cannon now sits in jail, but he’s no stranger to incarceration. At the tender age of 13, he pointed a BB gun at cops. Cops promptly shot him eight times. His family described little Jimmell as just an “innocent child just having fun in the park.”
We have a Second Amendment; it is the Fault of that State's, commander in chief of what is declared Necessary to the Security of a free State.

of course it happens

and he wasn't a threat until after a gun was pointed at him because even though you deny it piece of shit criminals use more than just guns to beat and kill their victims.

meh, I really don't think most real criminals are really detered by some fat white boy nervously shaking a gun at them. They'd probably slap the gun out of your hand and do whatever they planned to do.

But as long as the gun nuts get to count "every time I pointed a gun at a brown person" as a DGU, that probably works.

Here's the point. If you don't have a dead body on the ground, all you have is the fat white-boys word that brown person he pointed a gun at was really a mean old criminal who was going to do him harm.

Wrong...bill clinton's Department of Justice actually studied 'tis...the two anti gunners they hired to refute Dr. Kleck's

dude, you're boring me. The fact is, the FBI Crime survey found there were only 47,000 DGU's, and I think that n umber is exaggerated. Kleck's study was up there with "number of people who've been abducted by aliens" studies.

of course it happens

and he wasn't a threat until after a gun was pointed at him because even though you deny it piece of shit criminals use more than just guns to beat and kill their victims.

meh, I really don't think most real criminals are really detered by some fat white boy nervously shaking a gun at them. They'd probably slap the gun out of your hand and do whatever they planned to do.

But as long as the gun nuts get to count "every time I pointed a gun at a brown person" as a DGU, that probably works.

Here's the point. If you don't have a dead body on the ground, all you have is the fat white-boys word that brown person he pointed a gun at was really a mean old criminal who was going to do him harm.

Keep telling yourself that as the not much of a threat guy with a baseball bat beats the shit out of you

Wrong...bill clinton's Department of Justice actually studied 'tis...the two anti gunners they hired to refute Dr. Kleck's

dude, you're boring me. The fact is, the FBI Crime survey found there were only 47,000 DGU's, and I think that n umber is exaggerated. Kleck's study was up there with "number of people who've been abducted by aliens" studies.
still 5 times more than people murdered with guns

Keep telling yourself that as the not much of a threat guy with a baseball bat beats the shit out of you

Except it never happens.

I don't know anyone who used a gun to prevent being being beaten by a baseball bat.

I do know a young man who has told me rednecks pulled guns on him on no less than 4 occasions because they thought he was Muslim (he was actually Hindu). I'm sure all these Rednecks would have told "Dr." Kleck it was a "Defensive" gun use.

Except it never happens.

I don't know anyone who used a gun to prevent being being beaten by a baseball bat.

I do know a young man who has told me rednecks pulled guns on him on no less than 4 occasions because they thought he was Muslim (he was actually Hindu). I'm sure all these Rednecks would have told "Dr." Kleck it was a "Defensive" gun use.
No it never happens.

People never get beaten with blunt objects. People never die as a result of a beating, a stabbing or strangulation
People never get raped or severely injured at the hands of some not much of a threat piece of shit.

Go feed your unicorn now you obviously live in a fairy tale

No it never happens.

People never get beaten with blunt objects. People never die as a result of a beating, a stabbing or strangulation
People never get raped or severely injured at the hands of some not much of a threat piece of shit.

Guns won't do much to stop that, mostly because most people are murdered/raped/assaulted by people they know.

No it never happens.

Guns won't do much to stop that, mostly because most people are murdered/raped/assaulted by people they know.
and guns don't work on people you know right?

Guns are not the problem; leadership is the problem. That State has a commander in chief of State Security.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Everyone notice the only retort from the lefty are ad hominem attacks?

Shocking, no?

Molon Labe mother fucker.

Why don't you ask David Koresh how well that works.

waco1.jpg

And that would be yet another logical fallacy. Thanks for proving my point.

Law abiding gun owners aren't shooting people in Chicago.....the ones doing it should be in prison...but aren't....

Twenty-year-old Lavontay Chavis makes a good poster boy for Illinois’ broken justice system. In a little over two years, since turning 18, Mr. Chavis has racked up 13 arrests and spent 18-months in prison for a felony gun charge.

In May, police say he and a 17-year-old accomplice committed a string of armed robberies and then carjacked a ride at gunpoint before leading police on a high-speed chase.
---

How come Lavontay Chavis remained on the streets of Chicago victimizing innocent people after so many repeated arrests? Because of soft-on-crime Cook County prosecutor Kim Foxx.

Chicago’s “Social Justice” prosecutor Foxx (above from her profile in Elle magazine) gave another hoodlum, Jwan Farley, two years’ probation for a pair of armed robberies. Other armed robbers like DeAngelo Dixon and Leandrew Wallace also negotiated sweetheart probation plea deals from Kim Foxx’s office.

Meanwhile she sentenced a guy who stole 41 jars of Oil of Olay to 27 months in prison. Priorities, you know.

Carjackers also benefit from Kim Foxx’s largesse. Nineteen-year-old Jimmell Cannon of Lawndale like to “bump” into unsuspecting drivers. When the victims step out to inspect the damage, he hijacks their vehicles. Police caught him for a May 27th incident.

In any sane world, Cannon would have been in jail from a nearly identical February incident where police caught him in a similarly ‘jacked VW Passat.

Did Kim Foxx’s office throw the book at this offender on the earlier case? Hardly. Kim Foxx dropped all charges days before cops caught Cannon on his latest gig.

Jimmell Cannon now sits in jail, but he’s no stranger to incarceration. At the tender age of 13, he pointed a BB gun at cops. Cops promptly shot him eight times. His family described little Jimmell as just an “innocent child just having fun in the park.”

Maybe little jimmy is a rat and that's why he always ends up with sweetheart deals from the da.

I'm bi-polar so I think about suicide quite often. But I'm chicken. I'm not scared of death. I'm scared of living through a suicide attempt or of harming others while trying to harm myself. So if I were to commit suicide it would be with a gun or not at all.

That being said we should not make laws that protect people from themselves, or the consequences of their own decisions.

Oh and I'm terrified of leaving my family homeless, without a roof over their head, because the guy who pays the rent decided to commit suicide.

The FBI doesn't do that research....the Department of Justice did actual research.....they found the number to be 1,500,000 and that was only one of about a dozen actual studies on the defensive use of guns.....

And here they are....

Self defense with a gun......40 years of actual research...first is the name of the group that conducted the research, then the year, then the number of defensive gun uses and finally, if the research contained police or military defensive gun uses....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

That being said we should not make laws that protect people from themselves, or the consequences of their own decisions.

But we do that all the time. Most of our product laws are based on the fact we don't know what's good for us.

That's why you can't buy a lawn dart. That and the Lawn Dart manufacturers aren't crazy idiots compensating for tiny dicks by insisting a militia amendment was written for them.

The FBI doesn't do that research....

Yeah they did. They only came up with 47,000.

Keep in mind, I'm sure under Kleck's rendering, the four rednecks who've pointed guns at that Hindu kid probably counted themselves as "DGU", because they thought he was a Muslim.

---

Guns are perfect.

There are plenty of good reasons for people to own a firearm, however we don't need any reason because of the 2nd amendment.

And again, you want them to have all the power over normal people.

Make up your mind.

No, actually, I want both.

You see, the reason why these bad cops can get away with shooting people is 'I thought he had a gun!!" Even if he didn't have a gun, even if he had a permit for that gun, even if he as completely compliant, even if it was only a toy "I thought he had a gun" is usually a pretty good reason for a jury to let them off, unless you have video of the guy shooting him in the back or while he's lying on the ground.

While I'm not very sympathetic to the "Blue Lives Matter" assholes who think that their career choices entitle them to behavior that the rest of us would go to jail for, they kind of have a point that they never know who has a gun and who doesn't.

Such a simplistic concept from an obviously simple person.

Forum List

Back