Guns making you safer - at least 20 shot in Texas Uni party

Yes, in Texas. In case you missed it, Texas is a very large state with lots of differing ideas. It isn't homogenous.
Gun free zones seem to be an absurd idea when they arent backed up by meaningful sanctions.
They are absurd, period. Anyone who wishes to implement a gun-free zone should be required to do 18 months in a county lockup.
1. they don't care if it's firearm '''free'' or not--they will shoot up the place anyway
2. if not, they will go somewhere else
3. the ''gun free'' zones are so petty arguments don't turn into shootouts/etc
It isn't. If people are encouraged to shoot back at the first sign of a bad guy going crazy, you'll see a lot less of this, and that only happens when there are no gun-free zones.
Again: conservatives aren’t smart.
I accept your capitulation. You see, when you need to insult people who disagree with you, you have proven your lack of intelligence.

1. they don't care if it's firearm '''free'' or not--they will shoot up the place anyway
It isn't. If people are encouraged to shoot back at the first sign of a bad guy going crazy, you'll see a lot less of this, and that only happens when there are no gun-free zones.

You mean like the guy that had a CCW that actually stopped a bad guy. Then the cops shows up and shoots the guy with the gun in his hand? They shot the ccw "Good Guy". The Bad Guy was scared off and the one that scared him off died. And don't give me that "Cite, Cite" routine. We all know it happened.

I could list hundreds of times armed citizens stop crime and killing.

Enough said.

Not hundreds of times. Otherwise, USMB would have to start an area just for these. Do you work this company? Their real objective isn't the 2nd A, their real objective is to sell guns and accessories.

Yes, hundreds of times. And if you look really carefully, you can find a CDC study that says that there are over 20+ million defensive gun uses every year. The number is actually closer to 100 million, but the point is made regardless of the number.

I don't know who runs this site, but I doubt they create forums on the basis of statistics that are well known.

You are using the faked Klek report. He's a laughing stock of the Universities. And he used a report that he completely misrepresented the data. You been hanging about with 2boy again. Try doing your own research instead of relying on a liars information.

You mean like the guy that had a CCW that actually stopped a bad guy. Then the cops shows up and shoots the guy with the gun in his hand? They shot the ccw "Good Guy". The Bad Guy was scared off and the one that scared him off died. And don't give me that "Cite, Cite" routine. We all know it happened.

Enough said.

Not hundreds of times. Otherwise, USMB would have to start an area just for these. Do you work this company? Their real objective isn't the 2nd A, their real objective is to sell guns and accessories.

Yes, hundreds of times. And if you look really carefully, you can find a CDC study that says that there are over 20+ million defensive gun uses every year. The number is actually closer to 100 million, but the point is made regardless of the number.

I don't know who runs this site, but I doubt they create forums on the basis of statistics that are well known.

I took me about 2 years to finally find that CDC report that Klek used. It was buried pretty deep. I don't have it anymore and it disappeared into the CDC vault once again. ALL so called reports that backs up what you claim are based on the Klek study that was supposed to be based on that one single CDC report. The problem is, he misrepresented the data. His "total" included world wide civilian, law enforcement and Military and called them all defensive. And it's old data from the 90s. Your whole premise is based on a lie.

Gun free zones seem to be an absurd idea when they arent backed up by meaningful sanctions.
They are absurd, period. Anyone who wishes to implement a gun-free zone should be required to do 18 months in a county lockup.
Again: conservatives aren’t smart.
I accept your capitulation. You see, when you need to insult people who disagree with you, you have proven your lack of intelligence.

You are using false information that 2boy keeps bringing up. You don't even do your own research. And you just keep repeating the same lie over and over. You really can't be to bright, now can you.

Actually, America has a lot lower homicide rate than most places. We just have an outstanding communication system so people find out about our killings more timely. Nations like Mexico, Brazil, El Salvador have many more killings.
I love the way 3rd world countries are used as comparisons.

You are using the faked Klek report. He's a laughing stock of the Universities. And he used a report that he completely misrepresented the data. You been hanging about with 2boy again. Try doing your own research instead of relying on a liars information.
Kleck conducted a national survey in 1994 (the National Self-Defense Survey) and, extrapolating from the 5,000 households surveyed[15], estimated that in 1993 there were approximately 2.5 million incidents of defensive gun use (DGU - the use of guns for self-protection), compared to about 0.5 million gun crimes as estimated by the National Crime Victimization Survey.[16]

David Hemenway at the Harvard School of Public Health Injury Control Research Center, said that Kleck's estimates are difficult to reconcile with comparable crime statistics, are subject to a high degree of sampling error, and that "because of differences in coverage and potential response errors, what exactly these surveys measure remains uncertain; mere repetition does not eliminate bias."[17] Kleck and Gertz responded to this criticism saying: "It is obvious to us that David Hemenway had no intention of producing a balanced, intellectually serious assessment of our estimates of defensive gun use (DGU). Instead, his critique serves the narrow political purpose of 'getting the estimate down,' for the sake of advancing the gun control cause." [18]
Gary Kleck - Wikipedia

A 1997 National Institute of Justice publication[22] demonstrated that it is virtually impossible to reconcile Kleck's estimates and Kleck-like estimates to the amount of crime that actually occurs in the United States. Kleck, however, counter-argued that this conclusion was the product of logical errors and a mistake by the authors in which they made an inappropriate apples and oranges comparison.[23]
ibid

Last edited:

Enough said.

So, you chose not to believe it. That is your prerogative. However, I've seen people say the same thing and when challenged, they often spout opinions by anti-gun organizations and other assorted anti-second amendment nutjobs.

I have done my own research. Perhaps you should look at other sources of information, sources that will give you the truth and not their agenda, and get out of your comfort level.

Leave our guns alone.....we need even more guns, not less.......and besides.....what about black on black crime??

Benghazi!!!

Kleck conducted a national survey in 1994 (the National Self-Defense Survey) and, extrapolating from the 5,000 households surveyed[15], estimated that in 1993 there were approximately 2.5 million incidents of defensive gun use (DGU - the use of guns for self-protection), compared to about 0.5 million gun crimes as estimated by the National Crime Victimization Survey.[16]

David Hemenway at the Harvard School of Public Health Injury Control Research Center, said that Kleck's estimates are difficult to reconcile with comparable crime statistics, are subject to a high degree of sampling error, and that "because of differences in coverage and potential response errors, what exactly these surveys measure remains uncertain; mere repetition does not eliminate bias."[17] Kleck and Gertz responded to this criticism saying: "It is obvious to us that David Hemenway had no intention of producing a balanced, intellectually serious assessment of our estimates of defensive gun use (DGU). Instead, his critique serves the narrow political purpose of 'getting the estimate down,' for the sake of advancing the gun control cause." [18]
Gary Kleck - Wikipedia
I think you're wasting your time, though it is your time to waste. Some people are so rabidly aniti-gun that no amount of research or facts will penetrate their ridged mindset.

Actually, America has a lot lower homicide rate than most places. We just have an outstanding communication system so people find out about our killings more timely. Nations like Mexico, Brazil, El Salvador have many more killings.
I love the way 3rd world countries are used as comparisons.

America gets her new residents from Mexico , El Salvador and other similarly situated nations. Those are the places that we are more comparable to as far as crime

Again.....guns aren't the problem....people are the problem...

Especially blacks...….

They had a shooting at the vigil for the victims of the previous shooting......there is something wrong with blacks....face it....

Gunfire erupts at vigil for two killed at off-campus college homecoming party in Greenville, Texas, police say - CNN

I didn't know that the Greenville shooting was black people. Why wasn't that fact put in the headline? The race of the Staten Island cigarette salesman and Trayvon were known before any other facts about the situations were.

Texas shooting - Two dead and 10 injured as gunman opens fire at university homecoming party

Chief Deputy Buddy Oxford told reporters they believe the shooter used a semi-automatic rifle and he is still at large.

Mr Oxford said his identity is unknown and there is not clear motive at this time.

Americas teens deserve better than being used for target practice.
Aren't you glad you don't live here?

Fuck off.
Ive always enjoyed my visits to the US. But it isnt somewhere we would bring up kids. Its far too dangerous.

Good.

Especially blacks...….

They had a shooting at the vigil for the victims of the previous shooting......there is something wrong with blacks....face it....

Gunfire erupts at vigil for two killed at off-campus college homecoming party in Greenville, Texas, police say - CNN

I didn't know that the Greenville shooting was black people. Why wasn't that fact put in the headline? The race of the Staten Island cigarette salesman and Trayvon were known before any other facts about the situations were.
They didn't say any race.....but I am glad you feel a little better now knowing the people killed were black.....

Especially blacks...….

By the way...do you still do a fist pump when you think about the deaths of Trayvon, Tamir Rice and Eric Garner??

Especially blacks...….

They didn't say any race.....but I am glad you feel a little better now knowing the people killed were black.....

Who wouldn't?

Especially at a homecoming vigil for previous shooting victims party.. I mean.. Gosh, imagining white folks doing that kind of stuff.. Just gives one such a headache!

The vast majority of violence using firearms is done by repeat offenders in progress of controlled urban America… We have no criminal control in those areas...

Forum List

Back