Guns no defense against rape

In fact, I think every woman should carry a small handgun with them.

I think the number of assaults on women would decline dramatically in the first year.

First time I've ever agreed with you, assuming you're serious...

Oh, I am.

I think everyone should carry a gun.

I just happen to also think they should all be registered, and we should make damn sure they aren't available to criminals and madmen.

In fact, I think every woman should carry a small handgun with them.

I think the number of assaults on women would decline dramatically in the first year.

I think five days out of the month women should be banned from carrying a gun...

G5000 is going to hell for that one

naaa, they'd probably just the beat the hell out him during that time:eek:

I don't think guns should be registered. I think gun buyers should be registered just like voters are registered. The government doesn't know who you voted for, and should not know what guns you bought.

Once a person is proven eligible to vote or guy a gun, then it is none of the government's business what they do from there.

I think five days out of the month women should be banned from carrying a gun...

G5000 is going to hell for that one

ROFL.

I might have said that too, if I didn't think the wife would go get the gun, and turn it on me for it.

I don't think guns should be registered. I think gun buyers should be registered just like voters are registered. The government doesn't know who you voted for, and should not know what guns you bought.

Once a person is proven eligible to vote or guy a gun, then it is none of the government's business what they do from there.

That is also a good idea.

The only thing about that is, it wouldn't help stop guns from being sold to criminals and the insane.

sometimes I like you...lol
very good thinking

GUNS NO DEFENSE AGAINST RAPE

The Five is discussing that women should have guns to protect them from rape. WTF? A woman with a gun in her pocket or purse cannot get to a gun if grabbed by a rapist. She would have to walk around with a gun in her hand pointed at every man in her presence. A rapist is not going to stand in front of a woman and announce he is going to rape her in a minute. Even if a woman has a gun a serious rapist can dis-arm her with a stun gun and still rape her. The dumb and dumber never ends by pro-gun advocates. Then another idiot suggest the woman run to a safe zone. Dumb and dumber never ends by anti-gun advocates. Some democrat by the name of Salazar. A woman don't know she is going to be raped until she is being raped. Shoot him first and then ask him was he going to rape her?

Gun control by anti-guns laws is about as dumb as controlling illegal immigration by anti-illegal immigration laws.

Spoken like a true idiot. You may wish to actually do some research prior to making ingorant statements like this. There are studies out there that show your statement to be idiotic. Prisoner polls and interviews show approx 3,600 rapes a day are NOT attempted because the victim showed a firearm, claimed to have a firearm, or the rapist interviewed thought the victim had a firearm.

The latest prisoners surveys estimate that 3,600 rapes a day are never attempted because the victim either showed a gun, said she had a gun, or the rapist though the victim had a gun for some other reason.

http://http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf

Im curious, I am assuming that everyone in Texas who works in a gas station or 7/11, all those convenience places carries more than one gun. aka, Don't Mess With Texas Convenience Stores.

That is also a good idea.

The only thing about that is, it wouldn't help stop guns from being sold to criminals and the insane.

A criminal or crazy person would not be on the eligible gun buyer's list. When you go to buy a gun, you give the seller your name. Just like when you vote. If you aren't on the list, you can't buy a gun. If you are on the list, you can buy whatever you wish, just as you vote for whoever you wish.

My aim is to not punish the many for the actions of a few. A registered gun buyer list will not make it easier for criminals, but it will make it a helluva lot easier for law abiders to exercise their freedoms.

Last edited:
A criminal or crazy person would not be on the eligible gun buyer's list. When you go to buy a gun, you give the seller your name. Just like when you vote. If you aren't on the list, you can't buy a gun. If you are on the list, you can buy as many or as few as you wish.

My aim is to not punish the many for the actions of a few. A registered gun buyer list will not make it easier for criminals, but it will make it a helluva lot easier for law abiders to exercise their freedoms.

I see where you're coming from there.

It's just that there would be no chance for enforcement on illegal sales, because you wouldn't be able to trace the gun to it's previous owner.

A criminal or crazy person would not be on the eligible gun buyer's list. When you go to buy a gun, you give the seller your name. Just like when you vote. If you aren't on the list, you can't buy a gun. If you are on the list, you can buy as many or as few as you wish.

I see where you're coming from there.

It's just that there would be no chance for enforcement on illegal sales, because you wouldn't be able to trace the gun to it's previous owner.

Freedom always has it hazards. But compromising our God-given rights frequently has a much higher price.

Last edited:
can u imagine a dude attacking what he assumed to be a woman walking in an alley when later he finds out its actually a dude with very long hair who is a black belt? no that would be funny.

Forum List

Back