Haley's muted response to trump statement on executing Milley says it all

Milley wants to keep the US out of war with Iran. It's Bibi's war. Let him fight it.

It is not clear to me whether it is Trump or Milley lying?

Milley said more than he should have, and did lie about Trump to Jack Smith.

{...
CNN —
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley told CNN’s Fareed Zakaria in an interview Wednesday that he never recommended a US military attack on Iran during the Trump administration, pushing back on claims made by former President Donald Trump and his White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

“I can assure you that not one time have I ever recommended to attack Iran,” Milley said.

Milley, an Army general who is retiring at the end of the month as the nation’s top military officer, was Trump’s chairman of the Joint Chiefs during the final 16 months of his time in office. He had an outsized role in some of the most consequential events of Trump’s presidency, including the response to the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020 and actions he took after January 6, 2001, when he was concerned that Trump could go “rogue.”

Milley also became a significant figure in special counsel Jack Smith’s indictment of Trump over his alleged mishandling of classified documents, when Trump claimed to have a plan to attack Iran authored by Milley.

Trump was captured on audio tape talking about the plan with biographers for Meadows in July 2021 at his Bedminster, New Jersey, resort, acknowledging he had not declassified the document.
...}

Presidents do not have to "declassify" anything in order to talk to anyone about anything.
And Milley should have known that, so his testimony to Jack Smith was perjury.

What Milley said to the Chinese is not the problem.
What Milley said to the US press that was derogatory about the president, IS the problem.
Not for a retired General it's not. I wonder how many illegal or stupid orders he had to explain to Donnie that he wouldn't or shouldn't carry them out. Like the November 2020 order to completely withdraw from Afghanistan by Jan 15 2021. I bet the whole staff threatened to quit on that one.

“I can assure you that not one time have I ever recommended to attack Iran,” Milley said.
Likely both are true. The military always has contingency plans drafted while not making any recommendations. I think Donnie Dangerously is ignorant enough to believe that if Milley drafted it, it must have been a recommendation.

Forum List

Back