Handgun

Sorry

It's a Taurus 40SW poly
2 mags...one 11 the other 15
$259
.40 S&W is an excellent self-defense round, it's one of my favorite cartridges. I'm not familiar with this particular model, but polymer framed handguns in that caliber tend to feel more recoil, which some find unpleasant.
That's the one I went with
With shipping, tax and holster......300 even out the door
:thup:
Thank you all for your input.
Maybe my next bonus check for this past quarter will get me the 1911, now that I know there's some less expensive models

Buying Colt is buying name.

Check out Para-ordnance, good old Charlotte NC firm.

They even make a double stack 1911, if you want more bullets in the gun.
Well, I like the name. Colt went through a bad spot but turned things around and turn out quality guns. I have 3, all in stainless, 2 commanders (steel and aluminum) and a 3" Defender. All have run 100% and a very tight finish in them.

I started with a Kimber, which is highly rated and the Colts make it look rough in comparison.

I had a Para Ordinance #" double stack mag but a piece of the rear of the slide broke. It still worked but I traded it in. Mine was made in Canada though so maybe they moved?

That said, my favorite is my Springfield TRP government size no holds barred in stainless as well. Heavy bastard but my groups are half the size.

Well, I like the name. Colt went through a bad spot but turned things around and turn out quality guns. I have 3, all in stainless, 2 commanders (steel and aluminum) and a 3" Defender. All have run 100% and a very tight finish in them.

I started with a Kimber, which is highly rated and the Colts make it look rough in comparison.

I had a Para Ordinance #" double stack mag but a piece of the rear of the slide broke. It still worked but I traded it in. Mine was made in Canada though so maybe they moved?

That said, my favorite is my Springfield TRP government size no holds barred in stainless as well. Heavy bastard but my groups are half the size.
Seems they would have replaced it free of charge.

Seems they would have replaced it free of charge.
They would have, lifetime warranty. It had a lot of firepower but I lost faith in it while getting the Colt itch.

IMAG0023_zps9e67122a.jpg

Forum List

Back