Happy Carnival

patrickcaturday

Feb 25, 2012
Happy Mardi Gras to all my Catholic Brothers and Sisters out there, and everyone else who participates. Boy us Catholics sure know how to party !!!

Happy Mardi Gras to all my Catholic Brothers and Sisters out there, and everyone else who participates. Boy us Catholics sure know how to party !!!

sort of a weird holiday really. uniquely roman catholic but celebrated by people around the world.

lol...i don't think non-catholics truly understand (feel) it, but that's cool.

dude, i am so far behind on the lenten deal this year.

Whatever this holiday is enjoy your time guys! :)

lol...it is the holiday (shrove tuesday or in ireland, shrove tide) 40 days (minus sundays) before easter where seven year old boys try to convince their parents that they really, really like broccoli but that they are giving up eating it for their lenten sacrifice, which usually mean broccolli will be the veg of choice by the parents from palm sunday to easter sunday

roman catholicism is a strange religion, but we have fun with it. the hardest part of mardi gras time or me was the ash wednesday after and walking through the public school playground on the way home from school. i mean, it is bad enough walking through those mean streets with salt and peppers and a white shirt on. then the saggart goes and puts a target smack dab on the middle of your forehead. it helped us pray.

I like St. Patricks Day the best. Every year I go to the local parade with my "kiss me, I'm Irish" button. And oh, does it work & more.

lol...it is the holiday (shrove tuesday or in ireland, shrove tide) 40 days (minus sundays) before easter where seven year old boys try to convince their parents that they really, really like broccoli but that they are giving up eating it for their lenten sacrifice, which usually mean broccolli will be the veg of choice by the parents from palm sunday to easter sunday

roman catholicism is a strange religion, but we have fun with it. the hardest part of mardi gras time or me was the ash wednesday after and walking through the public school playground on the way home from school. i mean, it is bad enough walking through those mean streets with salt and peppers and a white shirt on. then the saggart goes and puts a target smack dab on the middle of your forehead. it helped us pray.

I do Saint Patrick's day too. green beret----with
shamrock decoration pinned on-----but for our
dear SAMER-----I would prefer THE GREAT MARDI GRAS---
in any place where it is really big----probably not
saudi arabia -----New Orleans would be best----we
could ship some HALAL KEBAB guys over there '
just for samer and friends I believe it would

********SAVE THE LIFE OF OUR DEAR SAMER******

I gotta admit it, for certain pleasures, them Irish girls are damn good.

I like St. Patricks Day the best. Every year I go to the local parade with my "kiss me, I'm Irish" button. And oh, does it work & more.

Episcopalians do Ash Wednesday, too - at least the ones I know do.

I wonder if Lutherans do it too?

I know they and Episcopalians both have nuns and monks.....'tis funny, our local Lutheran nunnery makes chocolates, and the local Piskie monastery produces a line of really good preserves and jellies. Their apple ginger is just about as good as the husband's family recipe - and they raised apples at Whalesback for about 200 years!

Marge Episcopalians are AMERICAN ANGLICANS Henry did not actually get rid
of all things catholic He just dumped the pope and pillaged church property-----
but he did have some fine characteristics ------he enjoyed a good meal and a LUSTY
WENCH

i think one wy to explain it to muslims is that it is almost like ramadan eactly but with eid at the beginning and not at the end.

LOL...jewish posters...ya know they all got together via pms and e-mails to have this moved like it was anti-semitic. that happens a lot really.

maybe someone should tell them that chaim herzog probably celebraated mardi gras.

Episcopalians do Ash Wednesday, too - at least the ones I know do.

I wonder if Lutherans do it too?

I know they and Episcopalians both have nuns and monks.....'tis funny, our local Lutheran nunnery makes chocolates, and the local Piskie monastery produces a line of really good preserves and jellies. Their apple ginger is just about as good as the husband's family recipe - and they raised apples at Whalesback for about 200 years!

it is ust a party.no big deal. most people in europe and the western hemisphere. it is actually based on a pagan festival.

someone oughta wise MJB up about those "kiss me, i'm irish" he is wearing. LOL. there is a long and funny history to that one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back