Happy Columbus Day everyone !

Funny. The reason that Columbus Day exists is because Italian immigrants were being oppressed for their culture and their religion by the majority Protestant Americans.

It is a decidedly PC holiday. It would be like instituting a Muslim holiday in present day America to appease oppressed Muslims.

Being the son of an 2nd generation Italian American who was raised in NYC.....this was a pretty big day for me growing up. That is...until I learned the facts.

I think it's great that our USMB nutters are so intent on trying to be snarky assholes that they gleefully ignore history in a thread like this. You think you are going to upset someone? All you are doing is calling attention to your weak minds. Ignorance isn't a positive quality.
If that's how,you want to view it, go ahead.
Considering that Spain paid for his trip it's not really an Italian thing at all. If muslims had discovered this hemisphere you might have a point in that analogy, too. But that couldn't have happened because their boats would have blown up en route and any survivors who landed ashore would have wiped out the indigenous cattle population with VD and the local peoples would have perished from starvation.

Happy Columbus Day to all!

We're going to grill some steaks, and watch the children beat a native american with bats and other whitey type stuff, maybe have a black guy pull a plow around the yard and whip him or something, like many other white families will, of course.

Fun times!

Don't forget to hand out blankets with small pox to the poor.
This year it's towels with ebola.

lol ... wish I'd said those.

Funny. The reason that Columbus Day exists is because Italian immigrants were being oppressed for their culture and their religion by the majority Protestant Americans.

It is a decidedly PC holiday. It would be like instituting a Muslim holiday in present day America to appease oppressed Muslims.

Being the son of an 2nd generation Italian American who was raised in NYC.....this was a pretty big day for me growing up. That is...until I learned the facts.

I think it's great that our USMB nutters are so intent on trying to be snarky assholes that they gleefully ignore history in a thread like this. You think you are going to upset someone? All you are doing is calling attention to your weak minds. Ignorance isn't a positive quality.
Considering that Spain paid for his trip it's not really an Italian thing at all. If muslims had discovered this hemisphere you might have a point in that analogy, too. But that couldn't have happened because their boats would have blown up en route and any survivors who landed ashore would have wiped out the indigenous cattle population with VD and the local peoples would have perished from starvation.

Cool. Yer trying anyway.

Forum List

Back