Happy Independence Day

3a67febc6a60e1c705471e2b1a8f7b25.jpg
Well if the USA had not revolted from England in 1776 they would be revolting now just like Scotland and N.Ireland over Brexit. So it was inevitable.

Interesting thought.

Did you happen to see this?

3 reasons the American Revolution was a mistake

On the dawn of America's 240th birthday, I am reminded of all the freedoms we have and of those who died to preserve them. One in particular, the freedom of speech and religion. We set the modern precedent, we gave our citizens the right to express their views and opinions freely without retaliation from their government.

Nobody else in world seems recognize how important this one freedom is. It is the right for a citizen to support or reject whatever cause he sees fit, to believe in what he wants and to say what he wants. There are countries like Britain, or Canada for example, and however, who want to limit "hate speech." They don't go as far as to outlaw it, but they indirectly work to chill speech as much as legally possible. It's disconcerting that my own government is working to do the same thing. It has gotten to the point that our government wants to censor its own speech.

In that context, hate speech consists of negative opinions that a government doesn't approve of. In an attempt to appease a small majority, or an attempt to not offend their sensibilities, the government acts to censor the opinions and speech of the citizenry. Political correctness in short.

That makes me value my free speech even more. If you don't like me voicing my objections to homosexuality, my expressions of faith, my advocacy of gun rights, my valuance of life in the womb, my objections to illegal immigration, my hatred of radical Islamic terrorism, my support of capitalism, my support of Donald Trump, or for that matter any position I take---that's tough. Are you offended by my speech? Do you get triggered by words? Do they wound you? Well, this is how I view those things.

Being offended and triggered is nothing more than a person saying that they are are so incapable of controlling and managing their emotions, that they demand that the rest of society obligate itself to do it for them by censoring the speech of others.

Therefore in that regard,

I am not racist for condemning radical Islam, Black Lives Matter, or illegal immigration.

I am not a bigot for my faith based views on homosexuality, or that I believe someone should be allowed to adhere to that belief.

I am not a misogynist if I believe life is precious at any point in its development.

I am not a crazy right wing kook because I feel it a necessary right for Americans to arm themselves for the cause of self defense.

I do not hate the poor if I value upward mobility over a lack of mobility, or that I place value on prosperity instead of "wealth equality."

I am not forcing my faith on you if I believe that there is only one God who sent his son to die for my sins and rise on the third day.

I am not evil because I support Donald Trump.

I am aware of the consequences of my speech, and I alone, not anyone else, can deal with them. I am also aware that my right to free speech does not entitle me to infringe on the free speech rights of others. You as an American have the same right to express your displeasure for my viewpoints as I do yours. That's what free speech is. I can disagree with you, and you can disagree with me. Remember, civil discourse is not dead, nor is free speech. I support your right to call me closed minded for my beliefs. Free speech is in essence allowing speech you disagree with without infringing on it. Remember that when you wear that American flag t-shirt or sing the national anthem today.

Happy Independence Day, and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Gee, it's not about YOU by any chance, is it?

lol

PS. Independence day was actually September 3rd, 1783, the day the Treaty of Paris was signed. Pass that annoying bit of factual trivia on to someone else today.

I am not evil because I support Donald Trump...

Maybe not evil, but probably gullible though.

Happy 4th, Imperius.
You mean gullible like when one votes for a corrupt life long politician who has likely sold US secrets to overseas powers, taken bribes from them and has described the TPP as the 'gold standard' for trade deals?

PS. Independence day was actually September 3rd, 1783, the day the Treaty of Paris was signed. Pass that annoying bit of factual trivia on to someone else today.

No. The Declaration of Independence, having been ratified by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, declared formally that the 13 colonies were then sovereign states. But that's not the fun part. Congress voted for independence on July 2nd, 1776. John Adams predicted that Americans would celebrate THAT day as independence day. The formal signing of the declaration didn't happen until August 2nd, 1776.

Gee, it's not about YOU by any chance, is it?

Gee, do you have an issue with free speech, Carbine?

You have taken this day when we are meant to celebrate what brings us together and aimed your thoughts inward once again. You have proudly and loudly exclaimed to all that you are the victim of all victims. You've tried once again to prove that you.....by way of your enormous undeserved arrogance.....are somehow more American than those who exercise their 1st amendment rights to tell you what a loser you are.

Wow. Struck a nerve have I?

You deem Independence Day as an occasion which brings us together, yet you reply with this cord of invective. It seems to me you sound like the victim here.

I never said I was more American than anyone, that's your inferiority complex talking, and I would invite you to show me where I made such a proclamation.

You have taken this day when we are meant to celebrate what brings us together and aimed your thoughts inward once again. You have proudly and loudly exclaimed to all that you are the victim of all victims. You've tried once again to prove that you.....by way of your enormous undeserved arrogance.....are somehow more American than those who exercise their 1st amendment rights to tell you what a loser you are.

You deem Independence Day as an occasion which brings us together, yet you reply with this cord of invective. It seems to me you sound like the victim here.

I never said I was more American than anyone, that's your inferiority complex talking, and I would invite you to show me where I made such a proclamation.

Lame thread. Lame reply. Own it.

On the dawn of America's 240th birthday, I am reminded of all the freedoms we have and of those who died to preserve them. One in particular, the freedom of speech and religion. We set the modern precedent, we gave our citizens the right to express their views and opinions freely without retaliation from their government.

Nobody else in world seems recognize how important this one freedom is. It is the right for a citizen to support or reject whatever cause he sees fit, to believe in what he wants and to say what he wants. There are countries like Britain, or Canada for example, and however, who want to limit "hate speech." They don't go as far as to outlaw it, but they indirectly work to chill speech as much as legally possible. It's disconcerting that my own government is working to do the same thing. It has gotten to the point that our government wants to censor its own speech.

In that context, hate speech consists of negative opinions that a government doesn't approve of. In an attempt to appease a small majority, or an attempt to not offend their sensibilities, the government acts to censor the opinions and speech of the citizenry. Political correctness in short.

That makes me value my free speech even more. If you don't like me voicing my objections to homosexuality, my expressions of faith, my advocacy of gun rights, my valuance of life in the womb, my objections to illegal immigration, my hatred of radical Islamic terrorism, my support of capitalism, my support of Donald Trump, or for that matter any position I take---that's tough. Are you offended by my speech? Do you get triggered by words? Do they wound you? Well, this is how I view those things.

Being offended and triggered is nothing more than a person saying that they are are so incapable of controlling and managing their emotions, that they demand that the rest of society obligate itself to do it for them by censoring the speech of others.

Therefore in that regard,

I am not racist for condemning radical Islam, Black Lives Matter, or illegal immigration.

I am not a bigot for my faith based views on homosexuality, or that I believe someone should be allowed to adhere to that belief.

I am not a misogynist if I believe life is precious at any point in its development.

I am not a crazy right wing kook because I feel it a necessary right for Americans to arm themselves for the cause of self defense.

I do not hate the poor if I value upward mobility over a lack of mobility, or that I place value on prosperity instead of "wealth equality."

I am not forcing my faith on you if I believe that there is only one God who sent his son to die for my sins and rise on the third day.

I am not evil because I support Donald Trump.

I am aware of the consequences of my speech, and I alone, not anyone else, can deal with them. I am also aware that my right to free speech does not entitle me to infringe on the free speech rights of others. You as an American have the same right to express your displeasure for my viewpoints as I do yours. That's what free speech is. I can disagree with you, and you can disagree with me. Remember, civil discourse is not dead, nor is free speech. I support your right to call me closed minded for my beliefs. Free speech is in essence allowing speech you disagree with without infringing on it. Remember that when you wear that American flag t-shirt or sing the national anthem today.

In the early 1900's Americans VOTED to part with their freedoms - the first Country on earth to voluntarily choose tyranny over freedom.

If you say so, troll. You don't have the guts to answer my question.

I always celebrate the 4th by barbecuing some chicken (my cooking specialty) and watching SyFy's massive Twilight Zone marathon. It's appropriate for the occasion because A.) Rod Serling was a decorated WWII hero and B.) TZ is the most intelligent American TV show of all time; you literally cannot name an American show with a bigger brain than those old b&w TZ episodes.

If you say so, troll. You don't have the guts to answer my question.
Come on you sniveling coward. You knew you were putting words in my mouth. Show me how or where in my thread I was making it all about me.

Forum List

Back