Happy Memorial Day!

In LOVING REMEMBRANCE OF ALL
Who Fought for The USA and FREEDOM
1653860367637.png
1653860390381.png

1653860221350.png

1653860133865.png

1653860068264.png

Aww,.. is that you or are you just speaking for them?
Both. Men come back from a heinous war or Prisoner of War camp from a country that disrespects the Geneva Accords. The rest of their life is hell for them and pure hell for children in the family who face PTSD at its worst--when the former soldier breaks with reality and starts swinging haymakers at the nearest human being, regardless of how little they might be, and the kid is totally confused why he or she did nothing to deserve seeing their blood spattered all over the walls of a room. Those memories do not erase well.

It can kill the soul of the mother of those little ones because she will not divorce a war hero to save the childrens' life, and it can make a young person feel hostile disrespect for a parent which is troublesome if the child knows the 10 commandments means to respect one's parents. PTSD can be caused by stress, but in the case of military families with ministers as relatives PTSD can be a misunderstood threat. Another unapprochable hurdle is soldier addictions and/or failure to take prescriptions that reduce the likelihood of a PTSD event.

I'm not the spouse of someone whose loved one died from enemy fire, but those other things tear at the fiber of one's soul, particularly while in the purile stage of human development that chases the conscience for life until maturity kicks in, which may be years after the soldier dies of natural causes in his or her old age. The guilt trip is awful when as an adult, the victim realizes the entire event was not personal, nor is the PTSD victim fully responsible since he or she may not remember his explosion in which he fully envisions his torturer of a dozen years ago. Adults get it, even if only partially. Immature youngsters don't get it at all. The good thing about maturity is that it brings one back to a love for the parent who exploded out of the blue nothing burger due to anti-Geneva recommendations disregarded in a prisoner-of-war camp. God bless Geneva.

It's a shame memorial day fell by the way side. This year the only time I heard it mentioned was in like an ad for a memorial day sale at a store and even those have dwindled, or the only time I've heard someone mention memorial day in person was them talking about having a day off at work.

Memorial day used to be a decently celebrated day, but now people only seem interested in complaining about what they don't like about America and spend little time celebrating it.

Anyway, I digress. I just came in on my day off yesterday to get some work done for the plant manager, then I came home and cut grass, then I went to the neighbors as we had a small cookout for our culdesac until the kids got on my nerves too much and I went inside to play mass effect legendary edition on my playstation. Not too bad of a day.

Forum List

Back