Happy Mothers Day!

To all the Mothers on this USMB: Happy Mothers Day! Hope your day is lovely!

Here here!

Mothers are to be honored all the time. Tough job putting up with kids....oh, they're great when they're little...but then they become the pariah known as teenagers...oddly enough....that's when the gray hairs start too....coincidence? I think not. The best part about teenagers? They eventually become young adults... and you can see where those gray hairs paid off....thank yous become more sincere, and if you're lucky....you get a "you know all that shit I put you through? I'm sorry." But that doesn't usually happen till they have kids of their own....so my wife and I are still waiting on that one.

Bless you all and have a wonderful day...you deserve it!

To all the Mothers on this USMB: Happy Mothers Day! Hope your day is lovely!

I am beyond grateful that I had the perfect mother for my needs and today, she will not leave my thoughts. I honor her memory with the sweetness she gifted me through her many examples. The sweetest love I have ever known, that blonde haired, blue-eyed beauty inside and out, who left me too soon.

"A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships." ~ Victoria Secunda

Example is not only the main thing; it is the only thing.

May all the mothers on board have a very special day. :)

Last edited:
She was a beautiful woman, Athena. I'm sure she would be very blessed to read your sweet post about her. - Jeri

My mother was certainly not the greatest mother in the world but I did recognize her on Mother's Day ... until she sent me a letter saying she wished she had gotten rid of me years ago among other things. It was one of the best things she ever did for me. It not only validated what I had sort of known or suspected all my life, but it became the beginning of my freedom.

I'm not certain how I bumbled through being a parent - in part probably because I sort of unconsciously did just the opposite with my children as she did with me. In any event, I have three wonderful children who I love dearly.

Happy Mothers Day to you, Granny. You're a beautiful person, I'm sure your three children adore you. Some mothers don't deserve the title. Thank God for the good ones!!

Happy Mothers Day to you, Granny. You're a beautiful person, I'm sure your three children adore you. Some mothers don't deserve the title. Thank God for the good ones!!

Thank you ... and I agree we should thank God for the good ones. My children are very, very good to me.

She was a beautiful woman, Athena. I'm sure she would be very blessed to read your sweet post about her. - Jeri

Thank you so much, Jeri. :) Her beauty kept her winning pageants and modeling throughout her adulthood. It never went to her head, and even though born with a silver spoon in her sweet little mouth, she always taught her two children this:

Inconspicuous spiritual treasures such as self-respect, hope, wisdom, and compassion are the greatest fortune. Without these, conspicuous wealth is trifling at best.

Happy Mother's Day to my 82-year-old mother, who is as ornery and funny as she was when she was half that age.

Happy Mother's Day, and thank you, to all of those mothers who chose RESPONSIBILITY and LIFE.

Thank you ... and I agree we should thank God for the good ones. My children are very, very good to me.

I was thinking about you today during church service and asked them to pray that God will heal you of any hurt, Granny. We did pray. We just ended. My house is also used for home church meetings. Anyhow, what I was thinking is that I hope you had some older women in your life that could fill that place so that you could experience the things every girl should experience. Shopping, phone chats, whatever wasn't there. I hope that there were some women who were there for you and became what she obviously could not.

Some women were never meant to be mothers. I had a heavy heart today thinking about your mother saying such a thing to you. You could have become a bitter resentful person but you chose not to. That is quite an accomplishment in itself! And for that I wish you an especially fantastic mothers day. Hope it is your best day ever! - Jeri

Thank you so much, Jeri. :) Her beauty kept her winning pageants and modeling throughout her adulthood. It never went to her head, and even though born with a silver spoon in her sweet little mouth, she always taught her two children this:

Inconspicuous spiritual treasures such as self-respect, hope, wisdom, and compassion are the greatest fortune. Without these, conspicuous wealth is trifling at best.

I definitely would have gotten along with your mother! She sounds like a very down to earth person! You are very beautiful yourself, Athena. So you inherited her genes. She taught you something very valuable. One day you will pass that on to your own children! And they will be blessed for it too! - Jeri

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. One day the child asked God, “They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?” God replied, “Among many angels, I have chosen one for you. this angel will be waiting for you, and will take care of you.”

“But,” said the child, “tell me- here in Heaven I don’t do anything else but sing and smile. That is what I need to be happy!” God said, “Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day and you will feel your angel’s love and be happy.”

“And,” said the child, “how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don’t know the language that men talk?” “That’s easy,” said God, “your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.”

The child looked up at God saying, “And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?” God smiled at the child saying, “Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.”

The child said, “I’ve heard on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?” God put his arms around the child saying, “Your angel will defend you-even if it means risking life!”

The child looked sad, saying, “But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.” God hugged the child, “Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you.”

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard. The child, in a hurry, asked softly, “Oh God, I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel’s name!” God replied, “the name is of no importance...but if you want, you can simply call her MOMMY”

There is no one like mom, in this whole wild world!
t6207.gif

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. One day the child asked God, “They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?” God replied, “Among many angels, I have chosen one for you. this angel will be waiting for you, and will take care of you.”

“But,” said the child, “tell me- here in Heaven I don’t do anything else but sing and smile. That is what I need to be happy!” God said, “Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day and you will feel your angel’s love and be happy.”

“And,” said the child, “how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don’t know the language that men talk?” “That’s easy,” said God, “your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.”

The child looked up at God saying, “And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?” God smiled at the child saying, “Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.”

The child said, “I’ve heard on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?” God put his arms around the child saying, “Your angel will defend you-even if it means risking life!”

The child looked sad, saying, “But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.” God hugged the child, “Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you.”

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard. The child, in a hurry, asked softly, “Oh God, I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel’s name!” God replied, “the name is of no importance...but if you want, you can simply call her MOMMY”

There is no one like mom, in this whole wild world!
t6207.gif
beautiful ....

It is beautiful. It is a shame it isn't the experience for so many. They don't know what that is because their own mothers would not or could not be that for them.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to take the people whose mothers failed them and have a chance to be their mother and love them to bits? It does happen but it happens usually once the child is grown. You never know if you may be that mother to someone who didn't have it as a child. Or the father to a grown man who didn't have a good father! You may never know that you are the one that is healing their broken lives and making something beautiful out of it. That G-d is using YOU to heal someone else! So be available people!

I have a little story a woman told me about her car windshield being shattered by a tree. This woman had suffered tremendous heartaches as a child, terrible abuse, even later in life. It was a miracle she survived and grew up to be a kind hearted woman. Anyhow, she was driving in a violent thunderstorm in Orlando, Fla. While driving a tree fell on her windshield and shattered it but somehow it all held together as if there were an invisible fabric inside the glass. No pieces fell out. It was just shattered.

She was close to home and low on gasoline. She had to look out passenger side of windshield to make it home. Finally she arrived home and out comes the sun as if it had never rained!!

She said the entire inside of the car began to spin with color, beautiful colors of rainbow - like a flawless diamond - a prism of every kind of color - it was so magnificent she felt overwhelmed at the beauty as the light of the sun danced off of that shattered windshield! She told me it was at that moment she heard the Lord say to her, I will take the shattered pieces of your life and turn it into something beautiful. Trust me.

He did! That woman is a blessing to every person she meets. Like Granny you cannot help but notice there is something unusually special about that woman and the things she says. So children with good mothers and fathers are blessed by G-d. But the Torah says that G-d said, When your mother and father forsake you I will take you up. In other words God is the Father to the fatherless, the mother to the motherless and this includes those who were born into abusive families. He never left any of you.

G-d bless everyone and have an awesome day. - Jeri

Thank you Jeremiah!
So far....my husband has grilled our dinner....baby back ribs and chicken breast, corn on the cob and potato & mac salads! I haven't done a thing today! :) He also bought me a rose, when i removed it from the plastic wrap all the leaves fell off......Lol! It's the thought that counts!

Just wish all my kids could be here. My daughter is on her way over now, my 2nd oldest son is here. Haven't heard from my oldest yet....hmmmmm. And my youngest son lives in NC with his family (stationed at Bragg). So wish they could be here...miss them a lot!

Forum List

Back