hard times a coming

The Bentonville, Ark. big-box giant will abandon its Walmart Express format, focusing on existing Supercenters, its growing Neighborhood Market grocery chain and its e-commerce business, according to a statement.

Walmart said 16,000 employees will be affected by this decision, 10,000 of whom are in the U.S.

“More than 95 percent of the closed stores in the U.S. are within 10 miles on average of another Walmart, and the hope is that these associates will be placed in nearby locations,” said Walmart in its Friday news release.

An interesting development. I don't know if this is really anything to get too excited about just yet though.

Proof that it is possible to get too big and your business implodes. If there aren't enough customers to support several stores in the same area, why keep building more? Here in Amarillo, they built a Wal-Mart Express about a mile away from an existing Wal-Mart superstore.

Hey I made some good money from wal-mart expansion.

Proof that it is possible to get too big and your business implodes. If there aren't enough customers to support several stores in the same area, why keep building more? Here in Amarillo, they built a Wal-Mart Express about a mile away from an existing Wal-Mart superstore.

They were trying to get some of the grocery store customers.
One of the two shut down in Houston was strictly a grocery store ..of course it being in beanerville might have had something to do with it as well.

My area got a new location less than a year ago. I hope that it isn't one that closes up because it is so much closer to my hose compared to our other location.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back