Harris wants the end of private health insurance in favor of govt. run plan...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
In fact, the Harris plan from 2019 could cost $44 trillion over a decade, according to a forthcoming analysis from health economist Stephen Parente and Theo Merkel at the American Action Forum. That includes some $1.8 trillion to cover some 11 million illegal immigrants.

It seems as though she wants to offer universal health care including illegal aliens. The problem is that we don't know because she refuses to hold a press conference.

It seems as though she wants to offer universal health care including illegal aliens. The problem is that we don't know because she refuses to hold a press conference.
But just for us schmoes though, right? The elites get their own private healthcare....

In fact, the Harris plan from 2019 could cost $44 trillion over a decade, according to a forthcoming analysis from health economist Stephen Parente and Theo Merkel at the American Action Forum. That includes some $1.8 trillion to cover some 11 million illegal immigrants.

If anyone needs a person to explain why this is a bad decision they can reach out to me.

I woke up this morning literally "feeling" an area in my brain which was throbbing with pain. I know it's something serious and the apparatuses here make sure I can't get proper care.

To think, I desperately need to sell my home to head to the U.S and PAY out of pocket for proper treatment, because my own government healthcare doesn't provide proper treatment.

Do NOT become like us. Perhaps the government should educate people about prevention of health issues rather than just trying to play catch up when it's too late and at a steeper cost. This means cutting down on refined carbs and sugar.

There is no Harris plan .. she hasn't published her platform and key initiatives she wants to pursue. Just hiding out and avoiding the media during her rock star tour. Maybe she'll get some more twerking rap stars to help push her message.

Seems reasonable. The government does such a good job on everything else, like pulling out of Afghanistan and protecting the border and cracking down on fentanyl. Plus, it fits right in with the 30 trillion that Yellen wants to spend every decade on green energy to offset climate change, though the big polluters like China and India will go right on polluting.

So that is 73 trillion a decade just on healthcare for illegals and climate. Never mind these plans won't change climate much really if any at all and the fact that by the time they institute these 73 trillion dollar programs, the actual cost will be more like 200 trillion and the programs won't even work.

But somebody will get a whole lotta money. PS: When Obumma took office, the entire national debt was only about 9 trillion.

BTW, 73 trillion is a MILLION DOLLARS, 73 MILLION times.

If other countries with much fewer resources than we do, can provide healthcare to their citizens, so can we. I'm for having a government health agency, and also allowing a private medical sector. The other option is to extend Medicare to everyone, not just seniors.

Several studies, including one from the University of Michigan and other reputable institutions, have demonstrated that implementing a Medicare for All system in the United States could result in significant cost savings over the long term. Here's an overview of the key findings:

1. PLOS Medicine Review: A comprehensive review of 22 analyses from various institutions found a consensus that Medicare for All would lead to cost savings. The review included studies from both national and state levels, with 19 of the 22 studies indicating that savings would begin in the first year of implementation, averaging about 3.5% of total healthcare spending. Over the long term, all studies projected savings due to reduced administrative costs and lower drug prices.
  2. University of Massachusetts Amherst Study: Research from the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst estimated that Medicare for All would save approximately $5 trillion over ten years. This estimate is based on the reduction of administrative overhead and the government's ability to negotiate prescription drug prices more effectively.
  3. Yale University Study: A study by Yale epidemiologists found that Medicare for All could save around 68,000 lives annually and reduce U.S. healthcare spending by about 13%, which translates to approximately $450 billion in savings per year. This study emphasized the potential for significant cost reductions by streamlining healthcare administration and cutting drug costs.
These studies collectively suggest that transitioning to a Medicare for All system could not only provide universal healthcare coverage but also result in substantial financial savings for the U.S. in the long run.

It also makes America healthier and more productive.

Don't give me this bullshit! The greatest increase in out national deficit was during the Trump Presidency.

Another 44 trillion on top of the 50 trillion she wants to spend on global warming on top of the 35 trillion we are already in debt. But Trump added 8 trillion onto our debt during the pandemic and they say that's a problem.

If other countries with much fewer resources than we do, can provide healthcare to their citizens, so can we. I'm for having a government health agency, and also allowing a private medical sector. The other option is to extend Medicare to everyone, not just seniors.

Several studies, including one from the University of Michigan and other reputable institutions, have demonstrated that implementing a Medicare for All system in the United States could result in significant cost savings over the long term. Here's an overview of the key findings:

1. PLOS Medicine Review: A comprehensive review of 22 analyses from various institutions found a consensus that Medicare for All would lead to cost savings. The review included studies from both national and state levels, with 19 of the 22 studies indicating that savings would begin in the first year of implementation, averaging about 3.5% of total healthcare spending. Over the long term, all studies projected savings due to reduced administrative costs and lower drug prices.
  2. University of Massachusetts Amherst Study: Research from the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts Amherst estimated that Medicare for All would save approximately $5 trillion over ten years. This estimate is based on the reduction of administrative overhead and the government's ability to negotiate prescription drug prices more effectively.
  3. Yale University Study: A study by Yale epidemiologists found that Medicare for All could save around 68,000 lives annually and reduce U.S. healthcare spending by about 13%, which translates to approximately $450 billion in savings per year. This study emphasized the potential for significant cost reductions by streamlining healthcare administration and cutting drug costs.
These studies collectively suggest that transitioning to a Medicare for All system could not only provide universal healthcare coverage but also result in substantial financial savings for the U.S. in the long run.

It also makes America healthier and more productive.
Baloney. Can't get an appointment for anything much less a serious condition under commiecare.
Get a job and pay your own way like the rest of us.

Baloney. Can't get an appointment for anything much less a serious condition under commiecare.
Get a job and pay your own way like the rest of us.
Most people can't afford their medical bills when they have to deal with a serious expense, and private insurance can also deny you coverage whenever they feel like it. About 60% of America lives paycheck to paycheck, so telling people to go to hell essentially, isn't the answer. There's no such thing as a "National Debt" in the sense of household debt, so you're quite ignorant.

You obviously don't understand what a "National Debt" is. It's not like a household debt.

I know the difference! :desk: When I run up a debt I can't pay, the government takes my house from me because the banks won't lend me a dime. When the government runs up a debt it cannot pay, it just raises YOUR taxes and borrows more from China.

Forum List

Back