Harry Reid Calls Bundy Supporters 'Domestic Terrorists'

Idealistic fool.

How many clean hands are in the militia groups? Those that you would rather put in charge - how clean are their hands?

You guys are being played like violins. The ones with the dirty hands will agitate you and egg you on against the government, but they'll be sitting in their comfortable homes while you do battle and they won't do a goddamned thing to help you when you lose. Think I'm wrong?

I will just go ahead and copy and paste my earlier post.

A tortoise isn’t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher. They want his land. The tortoise wasn’t of concern when Harry Reid worked BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore. Whittemore was convicted of illegal campaign contributions to Senator Reid. Reid’s former senior adviser is now the head of BLM. Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests. BLM has proven that they’ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they’ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area. If only Clive Bundy were a big Reid donor.

Those who say Bundy is a “deadbeat” are making inaccurate claims. Bundy has in fact paid fees to Clark County, Nevada in an arrangement pre-dating the BLM. The BLM arrived much later, changed the details of the setup without consulting with Bundy — or any other rancher — and then began systematically driving out cattle and ranchers. Bundy refused to pay BLM, especially after they demanded he reduce his heard’s head count down to a level that would not sustain his ranch. Bundy OWNS the water and forage rights to this land. He paid for these rights. He built fences, established water ways, and constructed roads with his own money, with the approval of Nevada and BLM. When BLM started using his fees to run him off the land and harassing him, he ceased paying. So should BLM reimburse him for managing the land and for the confiscation of his water and forage rights?

Government plans to euthanize hundreds of desert tortoises after budget cuts to refuge | The Raw Story - Linkis.com

Harvey Whittemore Convicted Of Making Illegal Campaign Contributions To Harry Reid

Read that and comment on the actual facts. We know you have not heard or reasd this perspective. Mainly due to the fact that the media outlets you watch and are informed by have the same agenda as the democrats. We get and it has been proven over and over again.

Go ahead and comment after reading what I wrote.
The BLM predates the Bundy family owning the ranch.
Try again.

The BLM was founded in 1946, Bundy's family has owned that ranch since the 1800s.

Idealistic fool.

How many clean hands are in the militia groups? Those that you would rather put in charge - how clean are their hands?

You guys are being played like violins. The ones with the dirty hands will agitate you and egg you on against the government, but they'll be sitting in their comfortable homes while you do battle and they won't do a goddamned thing to help you when you lose. Think I'm wrong?

A tortoise isn’t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher. They want his land. The tortoise wasn’t of concern when Harry Reid worked BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore. Whittemore was convicted of illegal campaign contributions to Senator Reid. Reid’s former senior adviser is now the head of BLM. Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests. BLM has proven that they’ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they’ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area. If only Clive Bundy were a big Reid donor.

Those who say Bundy is a “deadbeat” are making inaccurate claims. Bundy has in fact paid fees to Clark County, Nevada in an arrangement pre-dating the BLM. The BLM arrived much later, changed the details of the setup without consulting with Bundy — or any other rancher — and then began systematically driving out cattle and ranchers. Bundy refused to pay BLM, especially after they demanded he reduce his heard’s head count down to a level that would not sustain his ranch. Bundy OWNS the water and forage rights to this land. He paid for these rights. He built fences, established water ways, and constructed roads with his own money, with the approval of Nevada and BLM. When BLM started using his fees to run him off the land and harassing him, he ceased paying. So should BLM reimburse him for managing the land and for the confiscation of his water and forage rights?

Government plans to euthanize hundreds of desert tortoises after budget cuts to refuge | The Raw Story - Linkis.com

Harvey Whittemore Convicted Of Making Illegal Campaign Contributions To Harry Reid

Read that and comment on the actual facts. We know you have not heard or reasd this perspective. Mainly due to the fact that the media outlets you watch and are informed by have the same agenda as the democrats. We get and it has been proven over and over again.

Try again.

About BLM

BLM wasn't created until 1946. It didn't have a mandate until 1976. Federal lands have been typically managed at a local level, by actually inhabitants and residents of the states, rather than a bureaucracy agency from a distance.

Bundy violated a grazing contract. How does that justify an army of 200 coming to collect an unpaid debt ?

Do I believe the Government has the right to collect taxes? Yes. Do I believe they have the right to use that tax revenue to purchase land? Yes. Do I believe that once the government owns that land they have a right to profit from it? Yes.

But I also believe that the government has a duty to use the money it takes in (from any source) to look out for the best interest of the people, and that clearly isn't happening which is why so many people are angry.

It's ok for the government to levy taxes, and collect money. What is not OK in my opinion is what the government does with the money it takes in. The way public money is used to subsidize the profits of billionaires is completely wrong. The giant tax breaks corporations are able to get because of clever accounting tricks and a mail box in the Bahamas, is also completely wrong. The way the government refuses to force highly profitable corporations to pay their employees a living wage is also wrong. The way they throw money around to the richest people is ridiculous, as the government should be looking out for the best interest of the people.

It's not the Governments job to look out for farmers, if giving the farmers a break goes against the interest of the public at large.

They don't owe favors to farmers, any more than they do to oil companies.

Again the problem I think is that the Government has stopped representing the people, and that's why someone like Cliven Bundy is able to gather so much support when he refuses to pay what seems like a very fair tax, for use of public lands. (1,000 cattle moving through an area leaves more than just footprints behind, and also eats up every bit of vegetation around)

Try again.

The BLM was founded in 1946, Bundy's family has owned that ranch since the 1800s.
Well, you're half right! The BLM WAS created in 1946, but the Bundy family did not buy the ranch until 1948!!!!!!!
Bundy lied to you and you swallowed his cow pie whole!!!!

Why are the leftoids crying about not paying taxes. Bundy is just part of the 53% who don't pay taxes.

-Geaux

The federal government owns the land. Giving money to the county is not the same as giving money to the federal government. It doesn't matter if they're saving dead turtles, doing campaign kickbacks, or putting in a Walmart - the federal government owns the land and can do whatever they wish with it. It's called eminent domain.
Well Grandma, we're supposed to own the federal government, not the other way around.

We do. And we said - via our elected representatives in Congress - that if this guy wants to run his business on our land - he's gonna have to pay for that privilege (Get that PRIVILEGE not RIGHT).

Try again.

And land management was founded in 1812.

Why are the leftoids crying about not paying taxes. Bundy is just part of the 53% who don't pay taxes.

-Geaux

It might be because Bundy and his supporters stood up to this thuggish BLM under Obama's rule and led by that Dirty Harry Reid, and made them look LIKE FOOLS which I think also hurt the Democrat/progressive party ..vote them out in the upcoming elections folks...
:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

I still don't understand why the left has all kinds of problems with this man's cows but no problems with illegals and the right is the reverse. You people just don't get it. The government has gone crazy. It is enforcing only the laws that the President and his friends want enforced and to hell with the rest of them. This is the way it has been for as long as I can remember. Were we ever really free?

The federal government owns the land. Giving money to the county is not the same as giving money to the federal government. It doesn't matter if they're saving dead turtles, doing campaign kickbacks, or putting in a Walmart - the federal government owns the land and can do whatever they wish with it. It's called eminent domain.
Well Grandma, we're supposed to own the federal government, not the other way around.

We do. And we said - via our elected representatives in Congress - that if this guy wants to run his business on our land - he's gonna have to pay for that privilege (Get that PRIVILEGE not RIGHT).
When did we tell government to go on a land grabbing spree?

When did we tell government to go on a land grabbing spree?

Congress authorized the purchase of the land and congress created the BLM and authorized the grazing fees.

I still don't understand why the left has all kinds of problems with this man's cows but no problems with illegals and the right is the reverse. You people just don't get it. The government has gone crazy. It is enforcing only the laws that the President and his friends want enforced and to hell with the rest of them. This is the way it has been for as long as I can remember. Were we ever really free?

It's simple. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has a deal set up with the Chinese, and Bundy is in his way. So all democrats now hate Bundy.

democrats share a hive mind.

It's simple. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has a deal set up with the Chinese, and Bundy is in his way. So all democrats now hate Bundy.

democrats share a hive mind.

Yes, they do.

And the radical right shares a hive mind. They keep repeating the same things that aren't true because their queen tells them to.

“Let’s make sure we get this straight. I would pay my grazing fees to the proper government and I did try to pay my grazing fees to the proper government. I do not have a contract with the United States because I will not sign that contract with the United States,” Bundy explained. “I have no contract. I did not graze my cattle on the United States property. And I would pay my grazing fees to the proper government.”

Glenn asked him to clarify since in the Nevada State Constitution that land Bundy’s cattle are grazing on was given over to the federal government.
Advertisement

Below is a transcript of Bundy’s explanation:

CLIVEN: Let’s talk about the — Glenn, I really want to talk about that because that’s very important. You’re talking about the Enabling Act of the people of the territory of the state of Nevada. And remember, in the — section of the Constitution, we’re talking about territories of Nevada. Let me see if I can get that straight. What it says, it says the United States Congress will have power to dispose of all rules and regulations within the territory. Now, let’s think what we’re doing. We’re talking about the territory of Nevada. People of the territory of Nevada. As they — they do not have the Constitution. They’re within the territory and Congress had an unlimited power to make all the rules and regulations. Okay. The people of the territory petitioned the United States Congress to make this a state. And they have a clouded title. So in order to clear their title, they give up their public domain — forever. It sounds terrible. Forever? But let me tell what you they had to do. They had to give it up forever so Congress would have a clear title.
And what did Congress do? It made a state of Nevada. Which [indiscernible] a lot of them — quote Ed Presley here. Here’s what Ed Presley said. It doesn’t matter what happened before statehood. What matters is what has happened at the moment of statehood. Now, if you think about that in the second. At the moment of statehood. What happened? At the moment of statehood the people of the territory become people of the United States with the Constitution with equal footing to the original 13 states. They had boundaries around them, a state line. And that boundary was divided into 17 subdivisions, which were county. I live in one of those counties: Clark County, Nevada. And in that county, Clark County, Nevada, we elect our county commissioners, which is the closest to we the peoplend we elect the county sheriff and we pay him to do what? Protect our life, liberty and property.
I’m a citizen of that county. I abide by all the state laws.

Essentially, Bundy is saying this conflict isn’t inherently about grazing fees or water rights, but that he ultimately does not recognize the lands to be federal and the United States government or the BLM do not have jurisdiction on the land.

“So I think this is very clarifying to people,” Glenn said.

“It’s not BLM land. It’s Nevada land,” Bundy said.

“That is a different point of view than everybody else that is a rancher that I know,” Glenn said.

Based on the conversation on the radio show, Bundy’s fundamental issue isn’t with an out of control government taking control of his personal land, but that he disagrees with how that land became federal land when Nevada was founded in 1864.

Cliven did say that while he believes that Nevada is a sovereign state within the United States, he does not identify with the sovereign states movement.
Nevada Rancher: ?I did not graze my cattle on United States property? ? Glenn Beck

No problems with paying taxes that are both, mine and owed ...

Forum List

Back