Harry Reid: 'Why Would We Want To' Help One Kid With Cancer?

If you could help one kid with cancer, why wouldn't you do it?

Reid: Why would we do that? We have 1,100 workers who are sitting at home. They have problems of their own.

Seems pretty clear to me that's what he is saying.

He was talking about picking and choosing the government programs. Gee I am so amused watching how things get twisted ~

The Republicans are offering 5 bills that would help bring a lot of these workers back to work and help kids with cancers. The DEMOCRATS are the ones who are rejecting that. Why? I'm not sure. Reid and the Dems have a chance to help kids with cancer, and he's refusing to do that. That's on him, not the republicans.
And he's doing it for political purposes, the worst reason possible.

I love it. The republicans shutdown the government and now they want to pick what to fund even though they have to negotiate with the dems in the senate. However, they don't want to do that, they want a "we'll pass what we want and who cares what you want government," sorry not how it works

Reid: Why would we do that? We have 1,100 workers who are sitting at home. They have problems of their own.

Did you listen to the whole Youtube? He was referring to picking and choosing government programs to open/close ..you can not do that as they are all important.

Repubs are really really good at making shit about ONE tree while chopping down the forest

So you would rather have the govt shutdown and have nothing at all than keeping important programs opened while this stalemate continues? Makes sense.

Did you listen to the whole Youtube? He was referring to picking and choosing government programs to open/close ..you can not do that as they are all important.
Yeah, a park employee's job of picking up trash is just as important as a child dying of cancer, right?

OMG....

:lol:

the gop shut down the govt. You broke it, you buy it.

The gop finally pushed Obama so far that he won't back down. He can't. It would cripple future presidents, and then he ain't ending obamacare. Not gonna happen.

Just think though...the side that gives in first will be the ones that think more of the US citizens than their own party.

If Obama cared at all, he could have stopped this from happening and agreed to postpone the healthcare....he would have had everything he needed to keep the government running, he just wouldn't be able to implement his law right now. But...it would also mean admitting he was wrong, which would NEVER happen.

Yeah, a park employee's job of picking up trash is just as important as a child dying of cancer, right?

Being a breast cancer survivor I will say that even the trash guys pay is important, he has children to feed perhaps..

Being a breast cancer survivor I will say that even the trash guys pay is important, he has children to feed perhaps..

What in the name of fuckity fuck fuck does surviving breast cancer have to do with paying the garbage man?

Are you high?

:lol::lol::lol:

No they only hear what is playing on the right channel.

So if your children somehow had cancer (if you have children), you would want the gov't not to fund the NIH during the shutdown? All because it's not "fair" and all programs are important? I think kids dying of cancer is more important than people who pick up trash, but that's just me.

the gop shut down the govt. You broke it, you buy it.

The gop finally pushed Obama so far that he won't back down. He can't. It would cripple future presidents, and then he ain't ending obamacare. Not gonna happen.

Just think though...the side that gives in first will be the ones that think more of the US citizens than their own party.

If Obama cared at all, he could have stopped this from happening and agreed to postpone the healthcare....he would have had everything he needed to keep the government running, he just wouldn't be able to implement his law right now. But...it would also mean admitting he was wrong, which would NEVER happen.

The issue has been decided. It was decided in the House and ObamaCare was passed in the House. It was decided in the Senate and ObamaCare was passed in the Senate. It was decided in the Courts and ObamaCare was validated by the courts. It was decided in the election when Romney made the election all about ObamaCare, and the American people re-elected Obama.

The Tea Party is now acting like a chicken with its head cut off. It does not yet know it is dead and is running around spewing blood from its neck hole. Everyone can see this for what it is.

Do you know why we have ObamaCare? Because the GOP could not make a cogent argument against it, and because it had steadfastly refused to do anything about rising healthcare costs when it controlled all three branches of government.

Even now, after all this time, the GOP still does not have a better idea than ObamaCare on the table. Even now.

Think about that. Think about how retarded on an epic scale that is.

The GOP's best and only idea is to act like a small child and hold its breath until it turns blue.

Your insensitivity and lack of compassion is profound.

Forum List

Back